My free Duster (Look close you will see why it is free)

-
i'm glad to see you back at it dusted. 72's are my favorite. rock on.

If I had a way to get to you I would bring all my sheet metal and desire and spend the weekend at your place. The way you work this car could be rust free in a day or 2.

Happy to see that you got back on it. Its the millions of little projects that make up a whole complete resto .....I love your thread and its awsome to see that people from all over the world feel the same !! Keep it up neighbor !

dusted, you name the time and i will work you in. no sweat. just figure enough time to let the primer set up be fore it goes outside. a long weekend ought to do it.

Ok so I got my dolly done this afternoon and started on my list I made yesterday. I had 5 things to get done by Sunday and I completed 3 today. I would say I am on a roll now. Plus Bargeahead is gonna send me some bushings I need for the front end so I can get that started. So here is what I did today.

Dolly and more tear down 002.jpg

Dolly and more tear down 003.jpg

Dolly and more tear down 004.jpg

Dolly and more tear down 005.jpg

Dolly and more tear down 006.jpg

Dolly and more tear down 008.jpg

Dolly and more tear down 009.jpg

Looks like you are staying busy! Whats your plan now, i see your striping it down to bare min. Body and paint first? Just wondering what you have in mind. Keep up the good work!! J.R.

First thing is to finish the tear down then I havent decided. I am getting some bushings for the front end so I will probably redo the front suspension and get it all cleaned and painted. Then get the engine compartment, jambs, and roof blasted and paint the engine compartment then reinstall all front end. Then work on the rear half where all the rust is.

Ok no pics for tonite but I did get number 5 done on my list about 5 minutes ago. I removed the passenger side quarter window, took like 3 minutes. All I have left on my list is to finish removing the front suspension and I have the tie rods and center link out already so I don't have much left to do to reach my goal for the week. Later friends

Ok I will start with pics from last night. I got the quarter window out. :cheers: I had only one thing left on my list.

Suspension Final removal 004.jpg

Suspension Final removal 006.jpg

Suspension Final removal 011.jpg

So today I got home a little early so I started straight in on the front suspension. It took me about 30 minutes to get the front suspension, torsion bars, and k member out. I then tore everything apart and started cleaning everything. Last pic is of the empty engine compartment.

Suspension Final removal 001.jpg

Suspension Final removal 002.jpg

Suspension Final removal 004.jpg

Suspension Final removal 005.jpg

Suspension Final removal 006.jpg

Suspension Final removal 007.jpg

Suspension Final removal 008.jpg

Suspension Final removal 009.jpg

Suspension Final removal 010.jpg

Suspension Final removal 011.jpg

Here are some more. I also took all of the strut rod hardware and put it in EvapoRust to soak. They will look as good as new in a day or 2. I also completed my list 4 days ahead of schedule, so I don't know what I ma gonna do tomorrow everything is done for now.

Suspension Final removal 015.jpg

Suspension Final removal 012.jpg

Suspension Final removal 013.jpg

Suspension Final removal 014.jpg

Suspension Final removal 016.jpg

Suspension Final removal 017.jpg

Suspension Final removal 018.jpg

Suspension Final removal 019.jpg

Suspension Final removal 020.jpg

Suspension Final removal 026.jpg

dusted, I know the feeling of getting something done. you got all 5 things done on your list and did not cost anything. great job.
BTW, when you going to be in the paducah area next? i live about an hour from there so maybe we can meet sometime.

Looks like some progress to me. You know that fishing pole hanging above your to-do-list would be too much of a temptation to me. LOL.

Nice job Dusted!! Writing your goals down really does help keep you focused on making them reality, I do the same thing.8)

Oh don't worry I get my fishing in, I have my own pond full of Bluegill and Largemouth. My I let my neighbor fish there a week or so ago and he caught a 4 1/2 pounder. So yeah I get to do that too without ever leaving the yard.

Hi, nice work

today I also removed K-member from my dart.

I enjoy every piece of your work and I think we have almost the same spirit.. work and do all with our hands..

Well no prgress today, I went to the Mopars at the Rock. UGH I got there late maybe 10 cars there and only an hour or so of racing. I wish I hadn't gone at all and saved my $30.

I love the work you have done on your car, It makes me even more motivated to start my 70 340 4spd I bought last week. The work you done with the quarter panel was awsome, I am a sheetmatal mech by trade and your hand skilles are great. I found the link for the evapo rust product and I'm going today to get some. This is the first time I read your post keep up the work we are watching....lol
Here is the link www.evaporust.ca

Hey Dusted I got a link to pics from Mopars at the Rock over in the SouthEast section. To bad you got there so late. Was there good racing later? I left at about 3pm

It was ok I really wish I would have just stayed home. If I would have known it was gonna be a bunch of diesels and Neons then I would have. They are just not my cup of tea, even my daughter got excited when the V8 cars ran. Not doggin on Neons but it's just not me.

Anyone heard anything from Corey? Its been awhile since i have seen anything from him. Hope all is well!!!

-
Back