my Low dollar 318 hop-up project

-
Yup. You did. Then jpar said to take your $220 that you’d save by making your own subframe connectors and go buy a set of cheap summit headers instead of building crap like roadkill. Lol
Headers
1971 PLYMOUTH DUSTER Summit Racing® Headers SUM-G9040
Exhaust straight pipe
Summit Racing® Exhaust Tubing SUM-640025-1
Mufflers
Summit Racing® Fully Welded Turbo Mufflers SUM-633222
Hangers
Pypes Exhaust Hangers HVH10S
All this above Or if your included to be a little spendy and press the easy button... OK, not really spendy, there about equal.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-680144/overview/year/1971/make/plymouth/model/duster

My cars both have 2.5 duals out the back - the Jegs kit. Then I bought the TTI head pipes and used factory exhaust manifolds.

Oh, both have dynomax Super Turbo's from ebay. Usually 45 bucks each, I get them for 25 bucks each. Like the sound and performance

Yea, but, the TTI header isn’t inexpensive....

Just tryin to keep in the theme of things...

yeah, but there is a carrier issue (which I have the 3.21 carrier and ring/pinion I bought off of Jababa). But some say the housing is offset for the lower numeral gear ratios. I'll need more info.

But, I have a 8.75 B-body rear end with 3.23's. That will end up in one of these Dusters.

This car has been called to "active duty" .......... again :eek::eek:

Last year my son-in-law's Nissan 350z (which he has since sold) hung on my rear 1/4 panel to 90 mph where we let off, and that's where he stayed. :D

But now it's been challenged..... by a 360 4bbl with headers and 4.11's :eek:

Well you need to get to speed faster than the 4.10’s and just out run him on the top end!

If you have an 8.75 I will loan you a 4.10 or 5.38 center section.

Well you need to get to speed faster than the 4.10’s and just out run him on the top end!
yeah, I got 1320 ft.... LOL. Not sure I have more power than a good running 360 4bbl with headers even at shift point. No way I hole shot him, bottom end torque of the 360 and those gears... Only have 2 things in my favor. I have a little more cam, and a 904 vs his 727. I'm up against cubes, gears, headers, bigger valves and ports...… but, for funs as always, I'll show....

You just need a bit of tire to keep it from spinning to high heaven.

5.38s are great street gears.

Good lord, I just bought the 5.38 because they were cheap, already set up in a 489 case with a sure grip.
They are out of a hard hitting road runner, they guy went with 4.10 to make the car more road worthy.
I just bought the set up for the sure grip and case to change gears for something else.

5.38s are great street gears.

Why settle for 5.38's? Our '77 Ramcharger has 7.10's when I drop her in 4 Lo … :D

You just need a bit of tire to keep it from spinning to high heaven.
Got a 8.75 for it. Maybe I'll drop a set of 4.11's in her to even the score.... :D I figure the 904 will cancel out the headers, so then it will be a 318 with summit cam and 318 small valve home ported heads against the 360
:thumbsup:

Why settle for 5.38's? Our '77 Ramcharger has 7.10's when I drop her in 4 Lo … :D

Lol, I complete wasted my buddy in a street race with a 77 ramcharger, I was running a 318 with 44” tires I threw the transfer case in low, and was banging gears on the old granny low 4-speed.
He said I went by him so fast he had a 383 in an auto blazer with 38” tires and 3.73 gears, he let off the gas because he could not hear his engine, I was running straight pipes turned out to the side. And I shook his Blazer.

I never did tell him I had the transfer case in low.

I ripped the centers out of a pair of front spoked rims with 15- 38.5-15s using low range(7.10). A little to much traction. They ripped off and the front dropped and the rear tires ran over them. Thought it was going to flip but it didn't.

That is almost exactly the same setup I'm gonna be running. I have the same headers 2 1/4 inch pipe with thrust turbo mufflers.
What is best true separate duals or and h pipe x pipe (the two sides connecting) ?

Good lord, I just bought the 5.38 because they were cheap, already set up in a 489 case with a sure grip.
They are out of a hard hitting road runner, they guy went with 4.10 to make the car more road worthy.
I just bought the set up for the sure grip and case to change gears for something else.

When I bought the Dart in my avatar it had 5.13s on a moser spool. Like a dummy I swapped it out to 4.88s. Should have keep the 5.13s for rhe street. 4.88 is more of a hiway gear. lol

When I bought the Dart in my avatar it had 5.13s on a moser spool. Like a dummy I swapped it out to 4.88s. Should have keep the 5.13s for rhe street. 4.88 is more of a hiway gear. lol
:poke: Put them highway 4.88's in, lets go the Black Hills, S.D. !! Follow me on I-90 at 75 mph for 12 hours.... :poke:
:lol:

-
Back