My new 416 stroker is finally home

-
Had a clearance problem with the B&M flexplate and the starter. The new flexplate was slightly larger in diameter than what I had in before with the 360. I purchased a new starter with a relief in the area and it bolted right in.

Old starter

New starter

It has easy access with the new headers.

Power to manual adapter worked out great on the steering column.

Probably a 10236 flexplate instead of the 10239 that a 904 should use.

Nice build! :)

Getting closer to the first start.

I modified the stock fan shroud to work with the Champion radiator. I just drilled and tapped for 4 studs to mount it to the new radiator. Also fabricated a filler piece for the front so the fan wasn't exposed.

The stock clutch fan was too big to fit with the 3 core radiator, so I had to go with an 18" flex fan and a 1.5" spacer.

I got everything put back together last night and it went for its first drive around town.
Water temp stays right around 180-185. Oil pressure hot idle is 50 and jumps right up to 75 while driving.
I have to get the fuel table for the EFI where it should be, but that will take some time.
Overall it was a successful test drive!

My brother was following me in his SRT8 Challenger just in case there was a problem. I did a couple of runs to about 5500 RPMs to see what the A/F ratio looked like on the top end. He told me when I got on it he had no chance of keeping up. This should be fun when I get the tuning all worked out. I didn't want to push too much RPM yet. I'll work my way up there when I get the fuel richened up a bit.

Shakedown runs today were 11.40-11.50s

Still need to get the fuel injection working better. I don't see a problem with this running 10s once everything is dialed in better.

It has 4.10 for gears. That run was an 11.55 at just under 118 mph. It was breaking up on top end and wouldn't even make it to 6000 rpm. I'll get things sorted out and try again.

I'm trying to get mine sorted out For some track time this fall. It hasn't seen the track in 13 yrs.

Any updates on this? following from Australia.

I'm still having high RPM problems. It's running the crank trigger now with a new MSD box. The trigger wires are rerouted and ground shielded. The rotor phase will be checked today sometime.

Hopefully I get better results this time. I can't get to the chassis dyno until I get this issue resolved.

-
Back