my new project and many thanks tooooo

-
hey tony that is what i was thinking on the cross member..i remember you told me you was going to cut it completely out.. i am going to clear everything and box it in....yea i have the hinges for the door...been looking at them and how they mount i may just use the stock type hinge without the springs..not to sure right now just been getting some things thought out on it...gonna try and get the bars in there this week then take stuff apart and put it back tog. and go have it cert.once i get that the build will start..lol i will keep you posted on it as you know more about it then others...thanks again tony ...mike

i would use the VFN door mounts, it makes it easy to take the doors off and saves a pound or 2

well off work this morning and went to work on the duster..new to gas welding but man this is the shiiiiit..lol anyway got 2" cut out the cross member and started to box it back in...weld the top and the side was fine..but the bottom is a pain in the azzzzzz for some reason..it just want to spatter all over the place..if i test it is fine..any idea whats going on...anyway will post pics of the cross when done and the welds ..lol :D

make sure your gas is on

hey tony ..yea gas was on .. i think its more of my ground..gonna replace it with a new 1 thats stronger..also new to gas welding so that has alot to do with it as well...lol:D

try welding at a real low angle, like having the torch almost inline with the seam and pull it.

hey bob got your book all copied for you...didnt get to take the car to have cert. sunday been working around the house so much i was ready go back to work..lol damn shame you get a few days off and the wife has more work for you then you do at work...so im glad to be back at work ..lol gonna leave a little early today and pick up a few things i need in the shop ...may give you a call when i get up i tomm. mike :prayer:

just some update:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• HPIM0784.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 552
  • HPIM0790.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 538
  • HPIM0789.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 546
  • HPIM0788.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 556
  • HPIM0787.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 559
  • HPIM0786.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 532
  • HPIM0785.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 594
well got some more work done to the duster over the weekend..well sat. is my weekend (only day off) but glade that i am able to work ..lol any way i got the dash fitted back in the car like i wanted to do...got the struts back on and the wheels so she is a roller again..gotta pul motor and trans back out so i can get the car out side to start the sanding of the cage and rails so i can paint this thing..will post the pics tomm. as they are still in the shop..:D:D also waiting on the 9" plate that you can measure things up with it should be here this week...:prayer::prayer:

well i got some time off today do to rain , and now i am on day work..been on nights for some time 6 days so it feels good to be off at night and sleep in my bed again...lol anyway got a few things done on the duster today...pulled the rear out and started to sand down the surface rust and got most of it all covered today....sanded the rear down and shot it with some primer so it can be painted.. gota add 1 more bar behind the driver seat in case i have a tire problem it should save me..lol or my son ...other then that its all paint and ***. took it to the chassis shop about 2 weeks ago and was told to just add the bars for protection and all was good to go 7.50 cert.. so here are a few update pics from today ..lol enjoy gonna keep this thing going til the end ..:prayer::prayer::prayer:

most was spray boom but when the chassis is ready it will be painted with a air gun.....:D:D:D:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Attachments

• HPIM0819.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 482
  • HPIM0818.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 479
  • HPIM0817.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 482
  • HPIM0816.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 499
  • HPIM0815.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 500
  • HPIM0814.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 492
  • HPIM0813.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 482
a few more up dates from today on the car.. the rear end has 5 coats of gloss black and the bars have 2 thin coats as of now but will get about 4 more this week i hope..couldnt get inside to spray as the outside bars was wet...:D:D:D

Attachments

• HPIM0821.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 470
  • HPIM0820.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 471
oh well a little more up date on the car today.. car is completely apart.. no rear, no front end parts, just the body and cage sitting on my lawn trailer... cleared the rear end 3 times today, and painted the rest of the cage that needed to be done and man what a damn job... but the out come is so nice, looks a 100xxxxxxx better then the old surface rust ...lol will post pics tomm. as i am tired work today and came right in and jumped on the car...pulled the rack and all out.. tomm. or sometime this weekend i will get the car back into the shop and start the ***. process.. gotta safety wire all the brakes ,pick up a few new nuts and bolts needed for the rack,gotta close a few holes in the seal area that i dont wont to leave open... all in all it has been a great week working on this thing...man the rear end look so good it kinda hard to put it under the car..lol plan to do some custom crazy work on the rear before i do reinstall it.....lol :D:D:D:D buit anyway long day tomm. gotta work will post pics tomm. :prayer::prayer:

pics from the other day..

Attachments

• HPIM0822.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 423
  • HPIM0823.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 421
  • HPIM0824.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 421
got a few more coats on the cage today..now tomm. its time to get it back in the shop and start the rebuild..hell yea :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer: what i have been waiting for...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am enojoying watching this build.. A big thanks to you for keeping us updated..

thank you i am enjoying the build and sharing what goes on with it.. i myself use to think it was easy to do a car like this..lol not anymore...but i love what i am doing and plan to do all the work i can on the car including the paint..:D so stay tuned hope to have some more updates the weekend as i am going to try and have it back on the ground on the wheels and tire, and from there the motor goes in for the last time i hope :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Lookin good Mike! you will prob have that thing done before I get the 340 in the duster, but at least the motor is actually all together....

hey man where you been???? i thought you would have been beating up on chevy and ford by now....:D:D:D if you like me something always change along the way....:prayer::prayer:keep in touch and let me know how things go when you get going

Yeah, you know how it is, work, work, work. Took a while to get the W2s back from the machine shop, then had to get some pushrods made, ect ect, plus I figured I better put subframe connectors in there, then might as well add a 8 pt cage... will I ever get done? who knows!!!

just a little more up date on the hot rod.. it is coming along slow but getting there..added a tow hook,put the struts back on and painted them,removed the brakes as i have to safety wire all the bolts on them,got to weld the last 2 bars tomm. thats the 2 in the truck area, and finish up the paint on the bars i just installed and go from there....:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:lotta work in this thing doing it by my self.. :-:)-:)-( but he i love it and will push on.. i am sorry you can see i had a little help in # 5 and 8 i think ...lol also a pic of my shifter and shiftnod...

Attachments

• HPIM0832.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 371
  • HPIM0831.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 369
  • HPIM0830.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 669
  • HPIM0829.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 377
  • HPIM0828.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 377
  • HPIM0827.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 368
  • HPIM0826.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 382
  • HPIM0825.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 368
got the last 2 bars welded in today in the other pics they was tacked in.. now i just have to finish painting ..got the struts all done today ...so now its just safety wire the brakes and put it back together...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D things are looking good now and i see the finsih line haha... thinking of my next motor for next year....:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:512 , 2 stage fogger, with computer control so i can run small tire with the big boys..lol:D:D:D:D:D:D:D so enjoy will have more pics tomm. as i plan to work on it more tomm.... got to get the swing pick up in the oil pan,install the mid plate and verta, then put the motor in, also gotta put the cam button in the motor ,and set the end play....:happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1:

Attachments

• HPIM0834.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 351
  • HPIM0835.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 343
  • HPIM0833.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 358
lol i forgot about the pic of the 73 haha... looks pretty good.. gave it to my son so i wont be using it.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

before
attachment.php

-
Back