My winter project is getting there.

-

Badart

Reaction score
A little dusty, but I couldn't resist taking it around the block. What do you think so far.

New dart.jpg

New dart1.jpg

New dart2.jpg

New dart3.jpg

Very cool. You know I have been thinking, I am starting to like "unfinished" cars more and more. Primer spots and faded paint are starting to look alot nicer than the 10 million hour paintjobs. I need to start driving something in primer soon.........

Shwinnnng!
Looks great!
Details on the build would be nice.

Thanks. As some of you may know I started with an abused basket case 73 Swinger. Threw on a 70-71 front clip. Rebuilt the 318 with magnum heads and some good stuff. Went through the 904 with a shift improver kit and installed 2200 stall converter (soon to be swapped out for a 3000 stall). Chris Alston 4-link with custom crossmember that is tied to the front of the car with frame connectors and Competition Engineering coilovers with 200 lb springs for now (too stiff). Narrowed big bearing 9", Custom axles, 3.89 gears, disc brake swap, detroit locker. Upgraded the driveline to 1330 u-joints and yokes. Mini tubs and 325/50/15 BFG drag radials (Super tight fit) with mismatched wheels (I plan on getting some matching 8" wheels that I can throw on the back with street tires for any longer trips. RCI 16 gal. fuel cell and holley red pump.

I am in the process of having a 408 built with ported J heads, but for now the screamin' 318 will work. I just wanted to build the rest of drivetrain to handle the future power. I still need to do some rust repair in the passenger floor pan and the rear quarters.

Good stance to it, i don't blame you for taking it around the block.....
I wouldn't be able to resist ether!
I love the unfinished look too!

Nice car!! Could you tell us a little about the 318 with the magnum heads. Are they stock mags, what cam? rest of the bottom end stock? I got a 318 in my 70 and have been collecting the parts but not done the swap yet. We are also doing the drivetrain first. Just curious how the 318 runs with the mags from first hand experience

thanks

Nice car!! Could you tell us a little about the 318 with the magnum heads. Are they stock mags, what cam? rest of the bottom end stock? I got a 318 in my 70 and have been collecting the parts but not done the swap yet. We are also doing the drivetrain first. Just curious how the 318 runs with the mags from first hand experience

thanks

Runs great for a driver. Bottom end is stock other than ARP bolts and flat top hyper pistons. Deck height is .060". Magnums are stock 1.88" valves with chevy bee hive springs and retainers. .028 perma seal head gasket(helps raise the comp ratio). Cam is Comp XE256 with 1.6 rockers. Great little cam with good idle. Crosswind intake, hooker super comp headers and flowmasters dumping before the axle. Actually sounds pretty good. Even though the cam specs say you can run a stock converter I would recommend a higher stall, because it really doesn't come into power till about 2500 on.

Not too sure about those monster bumper gaurds, but I like those wide meats out back.

Nice! Isn't it fun driving without a windshield. I know the feeling when I take mine around the block. Sun glasses a must.:-D I bet it was even more fun with the weather.

Nice! Isn't it fun driving without a windshield. I know the feeling when I take mine around the block. Sun glasses a must.:-D I bet it was even more fun with the weather.

It was a little cold. Drag radials and ice are not a good combination.:-D

Awesome looking car and sounds like it will be even better when done. I See only one problem its not in my drive way lol.

Great looking car.

Is that rear stock width? What are the back spacing on the rear wheels? Nice builder.

I narrowed the rear to fit my wheels and tires. It ended up being 54.5" hub to hub. Pretty close to stock width. I can't remember the exact offset of my wheels but there is quite a bit of + offset.

Car looks awsome.. I like the stance as well.. I can only imagine how cold it was driving it around like that.. that car + ice = rubber knee ride!! LOL I also like the all black front clip.. of course if you have seen the pics of mine, you would see im partial to that LMAO

I did all of the fab work myself at work and at home in my garage. I built the 4-link crossmember to weld between the frame rails and then welded in 2"x3" box tubing to tie it into the front end (subframe connectors). It turned out really good and should be plenty strong.

The 66 fury is a car that I just picked up. It is complete and a very solid car. I basicly stole the thing and I plan on restoring it to original down the road, but upgrade the brakes and build a 440 to drop in there. It is a cool color combo. Dark red metallic inside and out.

4link1.jpg

4link.jpg

That's some nice fabrication work. Keep us updated on that and the Fury as well. Here's my '67. Not trying to hijack, just showing pics.

top up front sm 1.jpg

rear top up sm 1.jpg

lh side interior shot sm.jpg

-
Back