National Gas Out Day

-

71and done

Reaction score
April 15, 2012 is a day we are protesting the high prices at the gas pump. If you need gas to fuel your cars, please fill up April 14 or 16. Why? Let us show the Big oil company's who really is in control. Last time this was performed in 1997 almost $3 billion was recorded lost by lack of fuel sales. It lowered the price .30 a gallon. So past the word and participate! We the people need to stand up.:burnout:

Why? so they can have a record sales day a few days later? thats stupid.... even if you could make a dent, the middle east would adjust supply, and the cost would come right back.....the government makes enough off each gallon, there is no way its gonna come back down..... thats reality for ya

Gas went up here in SE Michigan, in some areas, 20 cents! Why don't we, as a Mopar community, stop buying gas EVERY MONDAY. Even if you partially fillup Sunday and then fully fillup, if you want, on Wednesday. If everyone of us, get a couple of relatives to do the same, it would be a ripple effect.:protest:

+1 Replicaracer. The 14th & 16th would just be 50% higher sale days for the Filler stations.

We do however need to eventually work together on this and all issues.

if we still need to buy gas , then whos really in control? just because i dont by gas on the 15th doesnt mean im in control of anything

You are still buying the same amount of gas............why not stop buying at the grocery store 1 day a week? You will still need to buy the family the same amount of food. Unless on a strict diet, then child welfare will arrest you for mis-treating kids.

You are still buying the same amount of gas............why not stop buying at the grocery store 1 day a week? You will still need to buy the family the same amount of food. Unless on a strict diet, then child welfare will arrest you for mis-treating kids.

My sis who lives in CA text me yesterday that Regular unleaded was at 4.49, just nuts

April 15, 2012 is a day we are protesting the high prices at the gas pump. If you need gas to fuel your cars, please fill up April 14 or 16. Why? Let us show the Big oil company's who really is in control. Last time this was performed in 1997 almost $3 billion was recorded lost by lack of fuel sales. It lowered the price .30 a gallon. So past the word and participate! We the people need to stand up.:burnout:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

really want to send a message?...stop buying gas entirely

Whatever we don't buy, the Chinese will gladly buy. They have our money. Just an unfortunate reality.

This idea will never work for obvious reasons. What might work is if everybody stopped buying gas at a particular type of gas station.

If everybody stopped buying Chevron for example, Chevron would get the message eventually and lower their prices at the pump. This in turn would force the other companies to lower their prices to compete. With the average price of regular pushing $4 a U.S. gallon, stay away from Chevron until their price is $3 a gallon.

Jack

That OP idea will never work. What's the difference? If we don't buy gas on 4/15 and everyone fills up the day before or day after, we are still consuming THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAS.......what am I missing?

This idea will never work for obvious reasons. What might work is if everybody stopped buying gas at a particular type of gas station.

If everybody stopped buying Chevron for example, Chevron would get the message eventually and lower their prices at the pump. This in turn would force the other companies to lower their prices to compete. With the average price of regular pushing $4 a U.S. gallon, stay away from Chevron until their price is $3 a gallon.

Jack

This could probably make a dent but most Americans will not stick together to do this. Hell today in S.E. Michigan it is 4.09 a gallon.

Not buying gas on April 15 would have a big impact on the Moparty At The Strip in Las Vegas since that is the closing day of this huge Mopar event. So are all of us driving, or towing, our Mopars to MATS supposed to stay in Las Vegas for an extra day? That could be more expensive than any little cost savings at the pump that may happen in the future.

I honestly just don't drive that much anymore. Our daily driver is a 2007 that we bought new and it barely has over 22k on it. All those small trips to the store, etc. during a usual week really add up.

OK, just for Sh*%'s and giggles I know that if you want to effect one oil company you must avoid all the stations that buy their refined gasoline. Below is a small article about a regional gas station some may be familiar with it "wawa" in the mid-atlantic PA,NJ,DE etc. You can see that not only do oil companies sell their product to many different gas station Ex: Exxon/Mobil sells not only to their own brand stations but to other small non branded name stations while this regional one "Wawa" buys from multiple oil companies to supply all of it's stations. The article was initially about weather the oil here come from middle east.

"So this means that a great deal of the gas they buy is refined at the Sunoco refineries in Philadelphia and Marcus Hook, but also they buy gas from two Valero refineries in Paulsboro NJ and Delaware City DE. These four outlets supply most of the PA, Southern NJ, DE and Northern MD stores. Wawa's stores north of Atlantic City in New Jersey get their gas from the huge Conoco refinery in Linden. As for the southern MD nad VA stores, of course there are loading terminals in these areas, but I have no idead what pipelines they are hooked up to..... "

Also check this link out, it goes on to explain from start to finish how we get gas from the pump. You will see that even branded gas stations my not even be selling their brand our of the pump!!!!!!

http://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=gasoline_where

In the end buy a horse that's pretty much the only way you will show them!

But for now if I can only put two gallons in well I'm making it the best darn tire smokin gallons I can so I'm driving my Mopar When ever I can afford too!!! it'll run out some day

:wack:

Want it to come down, vote that mistake out of the white house.

Yeah, 'cause gas prices NEVER rose on that last guy's watch...

Gas prices are not controlled by the president, unless said president is actually in the oil business.

Regardless of your political views, you're naive if you think the president really has that much power or control over gas prices, unemployment, the economy, or anything in the short-term, good OR bad.

OK, just for Sh*%'s and giggles I know that if you want to effect one oil company you must avoid all the stations that buy their refined gasoline. Below is a small article about a regional gas station some may be familiar with it "wawa" in the mid-atlantic PA,NJ,DE etc. You can see that not only do oil companies sell their product to many different gas station Ex: Exxon/Mobil sells not only to their own brand stations but to other small non branded name stations while this regional one "Wawa" buys from multiple oil companies to supply all of it's stations. The article was initially about weather the oil here come from middle east.

"So this means that a great deal of the gas they buy is refined at the Sunoco refineries in Philadelphia and Marcus Hook, but also they buy gas from two Valero refineries in Paulsboro NJ and Delaware City DE. These four outlets supply most of the PA, Southern NJ, DE and Northern MD stores. Wawa's stores north of Atlantic City in New Jersey get their gas from the huge Conoco refinery in Linden. As for the southern MD nad VA stores, of course there are loading terminals in these areas, but I have no idead what pipelines they are hooked up to..... "

Also check this link out, it goes on to explain from start to finish how we get gas from the pump. You will see that even branded gas stations my not even be selling their brand our of the pump!!!!!!

http://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=gasoline_where

In the end buy a horse that's pretty much the only way you will show them!

But for now if I can only put two gallons in well I'm making it the best darn tire smokin gallons I can so I'm driving my Mopar When ever I can afford too!!! it'll run out some day

:wack:

How are you going to feed the horse? Believe it or not a hose takes gas in todays world. LOL How do you think they grow the food for them and get it to the feed store? Then how are you going to get the food home? With your truck maybe? LOL Just saying.

O and unless you have a lot of land you are going to be knee deep in sh#t in no time. :banghead:

I only live 10 miles from my work and would never try riding my hoses there. Would be closing time buy the time I got there. :eek:ccasion: Hmmm? well IDK this horse thing may work out after all. :mrgreen:

Just funnin ya. :angel9:

Jack

correct!!!! just start by boycotting the largest group first.

Lets fit all our a bodies with electric motor.and teach them a lesson.Na that will never work they will just raise the price of electric.
Remember we the people have very little control over our government Just look at the Florida election.Poplar vote means jack ****.Sorry don't mean to make it political .But we vote so they can keep track of us thats it your voice is muted buy the men with the power and the money.

-
Back