naturally aspirated, non stroker, 60 over, 360, 500hp, is it possible?

-
you need to find the right dyno.......dyno hp are correct for standard air 60 degrees....29.92 baro...water temp controlled...

dyno is a tool ...to make adjustment ...breaking in engine...compare carbs...intake manifold...compare the changes....to accept the HP without running the car down the track is foolish...

71 Demon 360...030....weight 3000 lbs with driver...10.72 in Sacramento...

Your HP is 481.31 computed from your vehicle weight of 3000 pounds and ET of 10.72 seconds.

Our 71 Dart ran 10.33 @ 128.22 at Bakersfield last year....plug the weight of the car into a calculator and et time...you get just over 511 HP....and if I CORRECT that ET to sea level like a dyno would...I get around 530 HP....says it should run 10.11 at sea level...60 degree ...29.92 baro..

that is a360 .060 with hughes cnc eddy heads...260/264 hughes cam....
you need to find the right dyno.......dyno hp are correct for standard air 60 degrees....29.92 baro...water temp controlled...

dyno is a tool ...to make adjustment ...breaking in engine...compare carbs...intake manifold...compare the changes....to accept the HP without running the car down the track is foolish...

Take the information fellers. Tony has been at this game for longer than most of you have been breathing!

Hi 12s can be doe with as litle as 300hp if you can tune and have a sorted out combo. The less figuring and matching you do, the more power it will have to make in order to run decent numbers.

Hi 12s can be doe with as litle as 300hp if you can tune and have a sorted out combo. The less figuring and matching you do, the more power it will have to make in order to run decent numbers.

* O.K. So call me stubborn but I will always keep the stock 340 68-70 hipo manifolds.I'm running a pretty much stock 727 with a shift kit and Turbo action 3000 stall.318/390 stroker,out of the box rpm heads and intake.750 double pump quick fuel,roller rockers,525/287 comp cam,275/60 15" Drag radials,8 3/4 3:55 sure grip. Engine dynoed at 451 hp,and 490 foot pounds of trq.

I've got 4" stroke combos in E bodies that are 700lbs heavier, with less gear, less convertor, and regular radials running mid 12s and 109 on 87 octane. I've had pump high test 340s that came out at 480 hp based on mph and weight with hydraulic cams and ported factory iron. It's not hard, but you have to both know what to use, and how to put it all together. In theory, regardless of manifolding - you should be pretty deep in the 12s depending on the traction you can muster and your tuning. Remember - dyno testing on an engine dyno is seldom reality when it's in the chassis and running down the track.

ET is about getting the car to LEAVE. First 60' is VERY important to ET you will observe.

If your car MPH's better than about 102, it's got 12 second potential. If it MPH in the high 100's (107-109) and it's not running at least 12's, it leaves the line like a dog.

350fwhp in a 3250# car will run 104-105.

IMO, your car even with the stock HP manifolds should run in the high 100's or better. If it made 451hp, that's should get you in the 115+ mph range.

I've got 4" stroke combos in E bodies that are 700lbs heavier, with less gear, less convertor, and regular radials running mid 12s and 109 on 87 octane. I've had pump high test 340s that came out at 480 hp based on mph and weight with hydraulic cams and ported factory iron. It's not hard, but you have to both know what to use, and how to put it all together. In theory, regardless of manifolding - you should be pretty deep in the 12s depending on the traction you can muster and your tuning. Remember - dyno testing on an engine dyno is seldom reality when it's in the chassis and running down the track.

Thanks so much! Very heplful.and friendly guys!

ET is about getting the car to LEAVE. First 60' is VERY important to ET you will observe.

If your car MPH's better than about 102, it's got 12 second potential. If it MPH in the high 100's (107-109) and it's not running at least 12's, it leaves the line like a dog.

350fwhp in a 3250# car will run 104-105.

IMO, your car even with the stock HP manifolds should run in the high 100's or better. If it made 451hp, that's should get you in the 115+ mph range.

* Again,Thanks for everything! Awesome!

Originally Posted by JBurch
Speed cost money...........how fast do you want to go?

Really? I want to look down at my wristwatch and see it going backwards.

-
Back