need help almost got my car on road but....

-

6dart9

Reaction score
Here is my set up. it is a 69 dodge dart originally a /6 but now has a 73 340 and a 4 speed in it.

i am adding powersteering as this car will be a driver for me and it is the last thing that needs to be done before i can drive this thing again.

However i go to hook up the pressure hose and notice there is an ear from the k member directly behind the input on the pump.

It is the Saginaw pump btw

The hose has a rather large radius bend in it i am wondering if anyone has delt with this problem before and how they mitigated it. Should i re work the bend in the hose? Or should i try to grind down the piece on the k-member however it is what the motor mounts to so i would think that is not a good idea.

Here are some pictures so you can hopefully see what i am talking about. All help is greatly appreciated.

2010-05-29 09.44.38.jpg

2010-05-29 09.45.42.jpg

in the first picture it is hard to see the input for the pressure hose. it is just over from that ear on the k-member motor mount.

i will go see if i can get a better picture

I'm sure someone hasvran into this problem before

What would be the harm in cutting away some of that ear. Use a grinder to make a nice radiused relief in it.

get a different lenght belt to caue pump to move some?

I'd look into that first.

What would be the harm in cutting away some of that ear. Use a grinder to make a nice radiused relief in it.

Then I'd do that. But use good judgement.

I have a saginaw pump with the the cast iron water pump and it is closer to the block. When I switched to a 73 K-member, I still had plenty of clearance. But I was still using 68 Brackets.

-
Back