Need thoughts on battery operated sawsall

-
I took the safety switch off my Ryobi and it was pretty simple. I think my next cordless stuff will be Milwaukee. I need a portable 1/2 drive impact for when I go to the junk yards

I have all Makita screw guns, so I bought the Makita sawzall about 10 years ago!! Between the 2 screwgun boxes I have and the one that came with the saw, I have 5 batteries! My saw is beat to heck, and has cut way more than its share over the years! I'm going to replace it all as the batteries cost more than the tools, and I will be changing to all Milwaukee, the best in the business! And I am in the business, so my **** gets used!!

On another note, the new screw guns that have the ratcheting action have completely overtaken using a regular screwgun for driving screws, and taking out old rusty screws!! They're awesome!! There's so much you can do at the junkyard with a ratcheting screwgun and drill combo, and a recip saw, and the 3 batteries that you'd have buying this combination of tools!! Bonus if the drill in the combo set is a hammer drill!!!

Last edited:
Love my corded Milwaukee Super Sawzall but I love my Dewalt 20V cordless too.
Got this Dewalt 20V set for my 35 Year Service Award.
Impact gun, Rotohamer, Reciprocating saw and a flashlight that I'll never use... Came with 2 Li-ion batteries
885911333184.jpg

If I were going to be doing a lot of cutting away from a 110V outlet I would bring corded and cordless and bring my little Yamaha inverter Generator too.
Run an extension cord or charge batteries. Going to have to look into getting a 12V car charger for the Dewalt now... :)

EF2400ISHC_4433_600.jpg

I have a Porter Cable 20 volt, and it is a beast. I do have 6 batteries, including a 4 amp hour that I try to keep fully charged, so running out of juice isn't normally a problem.

I got Cuda_ragtops Dewalt 20V XL drill and impact driver too, That little impact guy will torque down to 155 ft/lbs! Makes 14 bolt stainless splice cases a breeze to open as well as harvesting parts off motors. The Drill will take your wrist out as a nut driver, we cant even order them anymore in 20V! wouldnt bother with heavy Ni-Mh batteries anymore, small Li-io is where its at. I think I saw a Dewalt 80V battery pack that somehow adapts its voltage to whatever tool its in.

-
Back