NEW BLOCKS BY DART

-
I have the ritter block for my build, cast iron, 9.6 deck, 3.999 bore was 2700 shipped from Ohio where they are made and machined to my door in California. The shop here has done whitedarts aka Shilo machine work, he actually referred me to them QMP racing. With bore to spec, blue print to double check everything, roller cam bearings 50mm, bushed the cam lifter bores and opened them to .937 ran about $3k with diamond hone. Shilo also got a first gen block, I showed him mine among with another guy on moparts who got the aluminum, said mine looked way better then the earlier block, Kent Ritter even took suggestions and made changes to the molds to help make things better where they should be over where he had them. Only issue I had was i ordered 340 main size and they machined the oil pan rail on the rear cap to a 340, where the website from Hughes says it uses a 360 pan, so I bought a 360 pan, but talked to Kent, shipped the cap back to him and he machined it to a 360 for free, just has to pay shipping there which wasn't much.

Last edited:
I have the ritter block for my build, cast iron, 9.6 deck, 3.999 bore was 2700 shipped from Ohio where they are made and machined to my door in California. I shop here has done whitedarts aka Shilo machine work, he actually referred me to them QMP racing. With bore to spec, blue print to double check everything, roller cam bearings 50mm, bushed the cam lifter bores and opened them to .937 ran about $3k with diamond hone. Shilo also got a first gen block, I showed him mine among with another guy on moparts who got the aluminum, said mine looked way better then the earlier block, Kent Ritter even took suggestions and made changes to the molds to help make things better where they should be over where he had them. Only issue I had was i ordered 340 main size and they machined the oil pan rail on the rear cap to a 340, where the website from Hughes says it uses a 360 pan, so I bought a 360 pan, but talked to Kent, shipped the cap back to him and he machined it to a 360 for free, just has to pay shipping there which wasn't much.

So...out the door with all the machine work and upgrades you did the total cost was $5700.00? If that's what it cost that's a smoking deal.

I personally didn't think it was all that bad, the aluminum costs a bit more, but for my power goals I needed the block and didn't mind the cost just saved up for it.

Wow..... Love admitting i was wrong.
The Dart block is going to be a reality. Kudo ‘s to Dick Maskin for stepping to the plate.
Would have never believed it

IMG_4879.PNG

Posted May 16th 2018

Too bad someone like Tim Meyer cannot step up on the Mopar stuff like he has done for the 351 Cleveland crowd. His cast iron and aluminum 351C blocks are works of art.

-
Back