new eddy intake is junk!

-
Checking the manifold surface to head seal/alignment is just part of good engine building.
If you had done this check you would not have wasted any gaskets. The fact is that this is a machining problem, and as humans do the machining then there will tend to mistakes made.

You'd think that all you'd have to do is use a combination square or and adj protractor to check the block/head angle on the engine (with heads installed). Then use that same gage to see how close the intake angles are to what you got off the engine. No point in installing an intake that is cut incorrectly?? This is what I plan to do when I install my new intake. You could also check the intake that "didn't" leak and use that as a reference.

treblig

Checking the manifold surface to head seal/alignment is just part of good engine building.
If you had done this check you would not have wasted any gaskets. The fact is that this is a machining problem, and as humans do the machining then there will tend to mistakes made.

This was a learning experience for me. I feel that I showed my mistakes here to show others the potential pitfalls.

Hey man.....we're all learning. If I posted anything that I've screwed up in the past the server that services this website would crash!!!!!!!!!!! And that's no JOKE!!! LOL

treblig

Where are the "I hate The Chinese Crosswind intake because it doesnt fit" crowd? I used 2 and both fit. I used more US made (?) Edels and more than 2 didnt fit, one had a runner divider that looked like a sagging noodle. There is always that 10%. Live and learn, and post your tales. The more we hear about poor fitment, the more we will check our $hit before we mount it and void the return policy. Glad you got it sorted out, nice mill!

Do you have good experience with them? Are they a good intake in the real world

Done a lot of dyno tests with them on a 496 stroker. You give up about 20-30 LB-FT from 3,000-4,000 rpm with the Victor if you are comparing it to a RPM intake. 3,000 rpm was the lowest we ran the engine on the dyno. I believe that there would be similar differences below that. They are about even at 4,500 rpm and the Victor takes over at 5,000 rpm.

Now a ported RPM, that's a whole other story!

We will know a little bit more about them in the near future as we're putting together a 440 with TrickFlow heads and at the owners request we will be testing it with the RPM, Victor and 6-Pack intakes.

I look forward to your results! I have a 4500 rpm stall converter and 4:10 rear gear with a 28" tire is prob why I didn't notice a loss down low. I also think it will be a better fit for my new stroker 470. I will be shooting for 600+ hp

The problems are not always the manifolds. I spend on the right machining, but I've worked on engines that the decking and head surfaces that were "square decked" weren't. There are times when the intake is good, but the base machine work is not.

On the Chinese deal - Mine fit. It just seeped coolant out pores that shouldn't have been there, the holes were not in line with the heads, and the carb stud holes were not tapped properly. But it did fit...

Wonder what the trick flow intake compares to the Victor?AndyF said the have a low deck out

Wonder what the trick flow intake compares to the Victor?AndyF said the have a low deck out

I turned a blind eye to that exact thought. I wanted my car running again so badly that I wasn't willing to wait for the release of the trick flow manifold. I am willing to bet that the trick flow is going to be superior and i will be doing an intake swap yet again in the future. ha ha ha

It's over 300 bucks too

It's only money right? Ha ha ha I have been hemeraging money all winter. I got the trick flow heads, the eddy intake, I still need to upgrade/rebuild my trans and buy new rear tires before race season starts! I need to start selling my blood!

It's only money right? Ha ha ha I have been hemeraging money all winter. I got the trick flow heads, the eddy intake, I still need to upgrade/rebuild my trans and buy new rear tires before race season starts! I need to start selling my blood!

don't try to fool us. lol we know your stockpiling parts for the stroker,

I bought a performer Rpm a few years ago for a small block. The thermostat housing bolt holes were not threaded. I got the stupid thing on, and sealed. That was literally the last thing going on. When I couldn't get the bolt to start after 10 seconds I saw it. How dumb is that? They were drilled, so I just tapped them and finished it. I would have guessed that they drilled and tapped at the same time. So strange. Their quality isn't what it used to be.

don't try to fool us. lol we know your stockpiling parts for the stroker,

Oh yeah! That too! $850 for the crank, $750 for the Pistons and $650 for the rods! Then a $1500 deposit to start machine work!

Top ramen really isn't bad after a few bush ice beers.

-
Back