New here

-

jayhawk261

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the A Body forum. I joined another site in the last few days as well. This site looks to have a lot more info though.

I'm looking at a 73 Duster for my son's first car. It looks like a good solid rust free car that will need some mechanical work. I'm planning on making the boy work for his ride by turning wrenches! We'll do an engine rebuild, clean it up and work on the brakes and what not. The plan is to do a manual trans swap with a T5, but looking in the forums here that's a fairly involved process. We may get him up and going and then start collecting the parts to do the swap later.

The first thing we have to do is replace the gas tank. It's apparently rusted and full of crap. All in all, it looks like it will be a good project though. Right now I am about $500 apart from the seller on making the deal. Hopefully we'll be able to work it out and we'll have a car for my boy.

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the web! Good luck on your purchase and be sure to post some pics if you get it :toothy10:

Welcome to FABO!That car looks to be in nice shape,also a resonable price.Good Luck with the purchase.

Welcome aboard, good to see another Okie on here. I live just sothwest of Tulsa, in Sapulpa.

Welcome to the BEST DAMM MOPAR SITE ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

welcome here. It looks like you and the seller are fairly new to the group.

Welcome to FABO. You're gonna have fun here.
Hope you and your son get the Duster.

Screwed around too long and lost my yellow Duster! We looked at it on Saturday. Overall it was really nice. it did have a small hole in the driver's floor. Had it not been for that, and the (I think bad) advice of a Mopar friend, I probably would have bought it. The owner offered to patch the hole for the sale price, but I wanted to get the price for a floor pan replacement rather than just the patch before I bought. my Mopar buddy wanted me to look at a couple of others he knows about before making a decision because the 73 is not as desirable a year? It was a WAY clean car and I botched it! Oh well, I guess I keep looking!

Welcome Jayhawk, I'd recommend spending some time in the "Cars For Sale" forum, been some good deals popping up lately.

Terry

-
Back