"Next Victim"

-
..... Pick a Caption .. (welding and bracing to be added)

B%20Dust%20-%20shop%200509%20010_zpsjj5pympi.jpg

B%20Dust%20-%20shop%200509%20011_zpsrgyfczzt.jpg

B%20Dust%20-%20shop%200509%20012_zpso4eyloix.jpg

1. That Demo-Derby win is in the bag!

2. Hitting a medium size deer no longer a serious concern.

3. That clamp on top of the core support kind of reminds me of a Playboy Bunny's ears.

4. Mounting wind-cheating fender skirts will be a cinch.

5. Do you believe all of those jokers that put space wasting chassis structure inside the car?

6. Now we can use any aftermarket one-piece dirt track late model bodywork our hearts desire.

7. This should keep all of the lookey-lou's away from our secrets.

8. If New York taxis had this stuff it would lower every auto insurance premium in the country.

9. Probably will be introduced as part of our premium line of lawn furniture.

10. I heard that Ross and Blue Missle are jointly using the Cray Super computer at the Lockheed
Wind Tunnel to get their version out to the public first.

that's the biggest deep fryer basket I have ever seen!

With all that extra metal on its face, you should nickname this one "Bane" from batman.

Attachments

• Bane.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 751
All I know is that when it's done, I'll be able to spend an entire car show weekend
sitting in the car with a bullhorn shouting " Please step back from the railing, Maam".

B%20Dust%20-%20shop%200509%20010_zpsjj5pympi.jpg

The end wraparounds of the huge 73+ front bumper have been trimmed so when the
bumper is sectioned and narrowed it will fit snugly in the recesses of the front fenders.

bmpr%20tight_zpsgv4pglmd.jpg

bmpr%20side%20fit_zpscmgzpfpg.jpg

bmpr%20frt_zpsjodtq8a2.jpg

The end wraparounds of the huge 73+ front bumper have been trimmed so when the
bumper is sectioned and narrowed it will fit snugly in the recesses of the front fenders.

That's always a nice touch...very smooth. Don't forget to suck it in toward the grille while your up there.

I assume your going to paint it black like the Wire car's is.

Good assumption..... it will be painted body color....hopefully after acid dipping.

It will not be any higher than the picture. Any higher and too much of the radiator support shows...and that support hides the suspension.

Good assumption..... it will be painted body color....hopefully after acid dipping.

It will not be any higher than the picture. Any higher and too much of the radiator support shows...and that support hides the suspension.

I didn't mean higher but pushed back, I had to cut the sides of the bumper back so they still fit the pockets but yours looks tucked far enough. After I did all my bumper mods and decided on going body color I thought ...man, I should have bought a fiberglass one and modified it, But I like to weld so all is good.

I gotcha now.....yes, it is tucked back in. I have already taken not only the wrap around corner off....but a good 3/4" to 1" off the back. Then shaped the angle to match the fender indent. If I used the factory angle, the bumper sticks out at the bottom.

Over the winter, I pushed the bumper back about 1" on the silver car.....tucked in nicely without any mods to the bumper.

This one is taking a extra step....or two...or three...or four.............

Next thing you know this is what happens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 621
Looking Good looks like your in the same boat as me having to build everything by hand cause no ones makes the parts to make the car how u want it to be

I have a ace in the hole.

Mark, that does the welding / fabrication work for the HDK packages, fabs better than anyone else builds it.

plus....I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a ace in the hole.

Mark, that does the welding / fabrication work for the HDK packages, fabs better than anyone else builds it.

plus....I wouldn't have it any other way.

Before Mark, it was good old Bob Fleming aka Flimflam. What a character
he was!! Still remember him callin u " ole mackeral snapper or something like
that!!

so, are you going with black and color graphics like the wire car or black with ghost graphics like the silver car or is it too soon in the process to decide color? it seems like you're building the silver car over again with improvements and channeling the body over the frame, or does it go much farther than that?

so, are you going with black and color graphics like the wire car or black with ghost graphics like the silver car or is it too soon in the process to decide color? it seems like you're building the silver car over again with improvements and channeling the body over the frame, or does it go much farther than that?

2369_zps9c95dozq.gif

you are close in your thinking.....no secret if you read the earlier posts.

The silver car is a great street car...A/C , carpet, no roll bar , no real sheet metal mods other than the fender stretch. As Ross describes... factory-ish

This one will still be a street car....but race-ish. Besides raising the floor for ground clearance to lower the car ( channeling), the firewall gets moved rearward 2-1/2" and the front and rear suspensions forward 2". Exactly what the Pro Stock fabricators did in the early 70's. A roll bar (Wire car style) with removable low side X braces are planned. Very limited / minimal guage package for the race-ish look.

With the firewall and HDK suspension mods this Duster will easily accept a small block, B/RB, or Hemi. No sense in getting pigion holed on a motor combo.

The inexpensive graphics will be ghosted on the black-ish paint.....the actual Missile colors are just too in your face race car for the street.

Before Mark, it was good old Bob Fleming aka Flimflam. What a character
he was!! Still remember him callin u " ole mackeral snapper or something like
that!!

Oh yeah....I remember Bob well.

Bob used to bust my balls relentlessly about being (raised) Catholic (in those days, Catholics were not suppose to eat meat on Fridays...so we ate a lot of fish sticks)......and wink at my buddy ......the laugh was on Bob though when he learned at my buddys funeral in '78 that he was Catholic also.....and a far more devout Christian than I was at that time. I think when you know you are dying (cancer) , you develop a very close relationship to your God.

He came up to me with a worried look on his face exclaiming " I didn't know the boy was Catholic too.......you guys NEVER said anything to me....you guys just let me go on...and on".

Bob was a source of a lot of laughs.... RIP Bob and Wally.....and Bob, thanks for the grins.....Wally, thanks for the friendship.

-
Back