No Decent A Bodies

-
Thanks Princess Valiant - the ad is posted in Dallas and Denver so may be suspect, however the area code and the map in both ads are for Denver, so could be legit. I’d proceed with caution.

I responded to the Colorado ad last year, getting info was like pulling teeth, and just a flat no on more photos. When I told him I was out of the area he refused to deal with me.

These babies are 50-60 years old now, and most have gone to the great beyond and become Campbell's soup cans. Whatever is still readily available is either already built/restored or an overpriced "I'm sitting on a gold mine" rusty shell that'll end up going to the scrapyard when they don't get their price.
Ya gotta get out and beat the bushes. You can't just rely on Cracklist. Or Marketplace. Or Kijiji, or Ebay. Get out, talk to people, and be willing to expand your circle and travel. That's the only way anything is going to happen. And honestly, you may need to become receptive to the idea of something other than an A body. F/M/Js are still undervalued, and can be an equally fun car. And Dakotas, especially early ones. Similar sizes, weights and the same powertrains will fit.
Git goin'. It's not going to get any easier, or any cheaper.
SHHHHHH! Don't let everyone know about early, even 97-2004 V8 Dakotas. They are awesome vehicles.

I'm still keeping my eye open for a clean rust free A body. 318 or a 360 with a automatic transmission, p/s,
a/c. Sadly enough it's not in the budget to do a lot of traveling looking. I never thought that it would be like this. Craigslist has pretty much dried up as far as cars go, Bummer.

there are plenty that pop up for sale. just have to be patient and willing to travel sometimes. you may also have to settle for a 6cyl car and do the swap yourself.. craigslist has been dead for years but may be back in the near future since marketplace will start sending tax docs out for your sales..

969_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aUzQWMrQ2ygAX8H_lPu&_nc_ht=scontent.fcae1-1.jpg

These babies are 50-60 years old now, and most have gone to the great beyond and become Campbell's soup cans. Whatever is still readily available is either already built/restored or an overpriced "I'm sitting on a gold mine" rusty shell that'll end up going to the scrapyard when they don't get their price.
Ya gotta get out and beat the bushes. You can't just rely on Cracklist. Or Marketplace. Or Kijiji, or Ebay. Get out, talk to people, and be willing to expand your circle and travel. That's the only way anything is going to happen. And honestly, you may need to become receptive to the idea of something other than an A body. F/M/Js are still undervalued, and can be an equally fun car. And Dakotas, especially early ones. Similar sizes, weights and the same powertrains will fit.
Git goin'. It's not going to get any easier, or any cheaper.
I don't Know the actual numbers but I don't think "most" went to scrap unless you count in the 4 door builds. They didn't build nearly as many then as they do today. There are a heck of a lot more people today. We have often seen examples that looked to be a waste of time and money to restore but somebody owns it and doing it. Sure glad I purchased back in 2006 and not in the market for one today.

Post #37 looks like a nice Dart. California car looks like.

And the spoon feeding continues. Wheres all the links for Camaros and Mustangs lmao.:rofl:
I agree. Everyone is super quick to help out and do searches for him, which is amazing, but at some point he should realize that what he wants is out there -- he just needs to put in the leg work and find it.

don't know what your budget is..
From his other threads, $22-25k. Must haves are P/S, A/C, automatic transmission, and something he "won't have to work on all the time."

I agree. Everyone is super quick to help out and do searches for him, which is amazing, but at some point he should realize that what he wants is out there -- he just needs to put in the leg work and find it.

From his other threads, $22-25k. Must haves are P/S, A/C, automatic transmission, and something he "won't have to work on all the time."
:lol::lol:

052.JPG

93234F1E-C61D-468D-AF57-FA683E106168.jpeg
60A58E22-248B-455A-A6B7-A735197C7AA1.jpeg
6AE4237D-EB28-43EC-AC70-6CB10E191BB0.jpeg
I was debating on possibly selling my 68 GTS H-Code 383 car, but after seeing the inventory dwindling I’m having second thoughts for sure

You guys haven't figured it out yet, you are doing all of the leg work for him & all he can do is whine & criticize. I've been in the Mopar game for over 50 years & have owned many cars. Some of them just appeared & others I had to chase down. Some were really nice street cars, race cars, some were combinations & some were parts cars to build what I wanted. If the OP is serious, he would check out the leads his has been given. IMO, he is not "that" serious about finding an A body.

From what I'm gathering
1. Either too old(no disrespect)or doesnt want to work on it.
2. Tired of looking (for 3 years now)
3. Doesnt want to spend thousands and have to work on it.
4. Hes open to Novas and Mustangs....well 3 years and you haven't found one of them either?
He doesnt want to work on it? Go get a Hellcat with a warranty.
95% of car sales I bet are found online.
Do some of the legwork yourself.
I sure as heck wouldnt want to be the seller, I can only imagine the complaining when the tires need air or a fuse needs replacing.

I'm out. 3 pages of choices since 5:30 last night. Later dudes!

That has to be a scam because I saw the same ad with those same cars listed and represented as if they were just north of Denver.

Scam alert
Thanks guys for sharing the information on the cars for sale. I think that honestly is the best policy and so why I don't want a project car isn't because I think that I'm better than anyone else, it's that I don't have the knowledge, tools, funds to have major sheet metal work done. I can r&r fenders, doors etc. Also a friend of mine will paint a car for me if needed it wouldn't be a first place car show paint job but he does a good job. I was hoping that if I spent around 20k for a car that I would get a pretty nice car, now I don't mean for it to be perfect for that amount but figured that at least it would be a rust free car with good paint. Also, I really can't afford to travel everywhere looking at cars as this takes away from my budget. My brother in law and I drove about 3 hours to look at a vehicle and it was junk, a 3 hour drive one way is my limit. To fly anywhere the car would probably be out of my budget.

I don't mind having to work on it from time to time, I don't want a piece of junk. What's wrong with wanting a/c and ps, you jealous cause your car doesn't have these

You guys haven't figured it out yet, you are doing all of the leg work for him & all he can do is whine & criticize. I've been in the Mopar game for over 50 years & have owned many cars. Some of them just appeared & others I had to chase down. Some were really nice street cars, race cars, some were combinations & some were parts cars to build what I wanted. If the OP is serious, he would check out the leads his has been given. IMO, he is not "that" serious about finding an A body.
I'm checking out the leads. Been looking for 3 years and unfortunately most of the cars were junk and the owners lied about them. What's wrong with me wanting what I want and not settle for any old thing. Also I put my family members first.

I don't mind having to work on it from time to time, I don't want a piece of junk. What's wrong with wanting a/c and ps, you jealous cause your car doesn't have these
Don’t get all defensive towards me. I was just stating what you wanted in a car from what you said in your other threads. You can get what you want with your budget, you just have to be patient and persistent.

It’s obvious everyone here wants to help, but you keep posting threads complaining that you haven’t found your car yet. That gets old.

-
Back