Northern California and things to see or do

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I have to travel back to California for work in a few weeks. First solo trip though other than on Active Duty orders, so my evenings will be very much free. I’ve never been to Northern California, around the San Francisco area, before. So is there anything car culture wise or am I gonna be too far north

Complete Schedule

Wednesday Night Drags depending on when you will be there

Sonoma1.jpg

Last edited:
Point Reyes NS

Muir Woods is closer to the city

Fort Point is pretty much under the Golden Gate Bridge.
They have a mounted "disappearing gun" and out on the beach there's a couple of preserved land based 16" guns from a little more recent history.

Not sure what will be open when your off duty. The National Seashore probably is.

Check out Bay Area Mopar’s on instagram, they have cruzes in the South Bay. Wednesday night drags at the track is fun and they also have drifting in the paddock at the same time. Hen House brewing has some really good beers with a barrel room right across the street from Lagunitas and the brewery in SR. One of my high school buddies is the chef of Blue Ridge Kitchen in Sebastopol about 10-15 minutes west of SR on HWY 12, is super good. There is a noodle house called “Ippinn Udon and Tempura” on Mendocino and Silva on north side of town. Sushiko in Rodant Park is awesome. If you go to the track, about 4 miles past the track on HWY 121, on the right side of the road, there is a deli called Angelo’s that makes awesome sandwiches and beef jerky, been going there 20+ years. There’s a lot more.

Monterey is very nice, worth the drive. Forget San Francisco. Don’t waste your time going to that shithole of a waste land.

Im in Hollister on a 400 acre ranch, you could stop by, shoot the ****, rip around in my power wagon, or shoot some guns if you’re into that sorta thing.

The Mopar Spring Fling in Van Nuys is at the end of April. Biggest Mopar show in the west coast.

1C50D472-8638-4040-BEDD-E7604749EB36.png

Last edited:
Be sure to try some northern california sinsemilla....

Monterey is very nice, worth the drive. Forget San Francisco. Don’t waste your time going to that shithole of a waste land.

Im in Hollister on a 400 acre ranch, you could stop by, shoot the ****, rip around in my power wagon, or shoot some guns if you’re into that sorta thing.

The Mopar Spring Fling in Van Nuys is at the end of April. Biggest Mopar show in the west coast.

View attachment 1715886097
I like this one and Turlock, they are great!

Not car related but the redwood trees in Crescent city in northern California near the Oregon border Is an amazing site to see. Like James said the San Francisco area is kind of a shithole now, when we were there a few years ago we were warned to not leave anything in our vehicles because it would be broken into. We didn’t spend much time in San Francisco but we took coastal Highway 1 north all the way up the coast and it was beautiful.

Day trip to Stinson Beach. Stop at the Marin French Cheese Co. for lunch.
Drive to the top of Mount Tamalpias for a possible great view (weather permitting)

Marin1.jpg

There's something car related just about every weekend in the Bay Area, but Santa Rosa is a bit north...

If you get a chance”Mission Ranch” in Carmel is a great restaurant! But be careful lots of celebrities frequent there. One night Jack Nicholson was at the piano bar-luckily he did not grace us with his singing ability, or lack of. Leguna Seca is another car spot. Tarpys is another great restaurant where car guys frequent

I lived in Santa Rosa from 91-2001. Glad I got out when I did but I loved the area from a things to do perspective. Making a loop from Santa Rosa out to Bodega Bay, up to Jenner and back through Guernville is a full day and a lot of interesting sites. The hippies seem to have congregated out in that area in little enclaves, at least it was 20 years ago. We also liked to go up to Mendocino. Really depends what you want to do/see. There are redwood forests nearby, nice rivers, ocean, mountains, tons of good restaurants.

-
Back