Not sure this intake will feed 600 hp

-
LMAO! Awesome!

I’m not sure the stock size of a pair of those will fit… BUT…..

There’s always a cutting tool and a custom metal working for a new base over the probably now siamese carburetors!

:rofl:

What are you doing to the head to get 600 hp?

I'd want heads that flow 310-330 cfm @ .500-.600", I imagine you could do it with less.

Id settle for 500vhp. Yes spraying on an all forged 360 to 408 stroker, already at 400 HP with cheap air gap and 750 Holley,
Start off with 50 nitrous plate under each carb, for 500 total plus pills/jets for an additional 100 HP of gas nearby. What type of cam would work on this dual quad setup ?
3.91 sure grip
26.5 tires
3500 street converter
Reverse manual valve body
DougsD 453 headers
3350 lbs with me in it 70 Dart
3/4 race is the answer here.

on second thought , the manifold and carburetors would make a good conversation piece for the shop.

I've seen no one comment on what KIND of intake that is. It's an Offenhauser. They only made that intake for the 273 and 318 port sizes. So the answer is no way in HECK will that thing flow 600HP. A couple more things. If you look at vehicle specs that were available with two fours from the factory, generally, the extra carburetor was good for "only" somewhere around 25-35 HP. So given all that info, the estimate in post #29 is probably close, but I'd say even less.

I've seen no one comment on what KIND of intake that is. It's an Offenhauser. They only made that intake for the 273 and 318 port sizes. So the answer is no way in HECK will that thing flow 600HP. A couple more things. If you look at vehicle specs that were available with two fours from the factory, generally, the extra carburetor was good for "only" somewhere around 25-35 HP. So given all that info, the estimate in post #29 is probably close, but I'd say even less.
All true

LMAO! Awesome!

I’m not sure the stock size of a pair of those will fit… BUT…..

There’s always a cutting tool and a custom metal working for a new base over the probably now siamese carburetors!

:rofl:
He might already have so spacers, he has lots of spacers

I always say try it out and find out if you're brain works but suggest reading post 4 just to see if you're going to be close. You could read some of the world famous stickies the rumblefish360 has too. 600 HP in 3300 lb car is in the ten second range if the tires stick to the track. Plenty of combos there

That is a great idea.
I've seen a couple pretty good 408s on the Dyno with nice parts not reach 600 hp
With the intake and head choice I have a feeling this one will fall short too.

At this power level I'd be looking for a competent builder that puts together 600 hp sbm on the regular.

You can still buy a real 3/4 cam today. They weren't a myth. They originated from Ed Winfield from the Flathead Ford days. Dig it, daddio:
3/4 Cam History

1712718641908.png

Am I missing something? He says he's building a 408 stroker using Edelbrock magnum heads. That intake won't even bolt on?!?

That intake is an effort in futility trying to feed 5-600 HP. I'm feeding 625 hp 416 stroker with a 4779 Holley on a Strip Dominator with a 2" Super Sucker spacer.

Am I missing something? He says he's building a 408 stroker using Edelbrock magnum heads. That intake won't even bolt on?!?

It’ll bolt on…. With the use of a drill and tap on the head….

Port alignment is another issue. There isn’t enough aluminum to port match it to the stock window on the head. Maxing out the intake window area is the best that can be done at that area. It will help a lot.

You might make 600 with that intake.....

with a pair of 150hp plate units under the carbs.....

maybe.
Just take the guess work out and put 2 - 300 HP kits on it and send it .... That's how them boys do it in the dirty south.

-
Back