Ok so lets really talk K-members here Folks

-
You are too transparent,dude. Please reread the posts from people that have built,and have used manufactured K's.If you only believe that the big guy just wants to put his finger on you,you are wrong.If you buy a cheapo K,get it into your (car) you rip some gears get it sideways and it breaks,then what? Everyone is entitled to their opinion-however unfounded-I have a friend that builds frames,and I have a friend that builds engines for drag cars and circuit cars,I would take their opinion over yours in a heartbeat.And YES,it is a case of wanting your cake and eating it too.
I've seen $300 dollar K-members running the autocross here in Joliet on fox body mustangs with a few seeing some pretty hard wrecks and the cheapo part held up better then you guys would lead people to believe. Design and material will make the unit better then stock and testing and design changes will make it even better with time. I know the unit I have been talking about has been on the road in real world testing for at least the last 12 months maybe more and I know the design is not rocket building with tinker toys it's a very well thought out part with a good deal of passion and experience behind it.

If you own a Bentley and are bitching about prices on Mopars, you should be shot on the grounds of General Principle!

That's it, I am pulling the plug on the Dart and getting a Fox Body Stang so I can get a cheap k-member.......:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Bill says $1399 for just the K-Member that's great but again doesn't that seem high?

Not really in the whole scope of building a car.

I know the unit I have been talking about has been on the road in real world testing for at least the last 12 months maybe more and I know the design is not rocket building with tinker toys it's a very well thought out part with a good deal of passion and experience behind it.

Since your close to this project, then kick out a price on what you and the builder think it would cost?

The only point keeping this conversation going is that there is a new possible product here, building hype, and no parties close to the project will toss out a price. So pony up and tell us a price range? X$ - X$

I'm thinking part of the reason for a lack of a price is not so much that the product is not ready or that the options are endless, but more so that it can not be done as cheap as speculated.

I'm with Ink....lets all sell our mopars and buy a mustang so we can get some cheap costing parts to build.:toothy10:

That's it, I am pulling the plug on the Dart and getting a Fox Body Stang so I can get a cheap k-member.......:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
I'm with you Ink,I'm gonna crush every damn chicken ship pentastar I got,go next door and buy that stang for 250,have Bickel put a frame in it,then get Dixon to build a motor,I should have about 1000 in it,then I'll show you!

newmustangkmember.jpg

This is BMR's new 2005-2011 mustang K-member. Retail price $499.00 There are 6 options available which means they had to set up at least 6 different combo's and do all the r&d and F/E/I research and then pass that all on to the consumer. Now this of course is for a brand new car that has suspension developed in the past decade not 40+ years ago. So how big do you think the market is for these? Would you take your car that has a factory warranty and drop this puppy in? So would you say that maybe 20-30 guys might buy one a year? Well according to BMR's sales guys they have sold 10 in 2010 does that mean that next year their price will go up to $1500 since they didn't sell 300 units?

Just trying to open some eyes here and maybe this will get some people thinking.

Demon it's not our place to price something that's not ours... If you PM or email Tshell (Tory) he can give you all the info you need.

JAson

Not really in the whole scope of building a car.

Since your close to this project, then kick out a price on what you and the builder think it would cost?

The only point keeping this conversation going is that there is a new possible product here, building hype, and no parties close to the project will toss out a price. So pony up and tell us a price range? X$ - X$

I'm thinking part of the reason for a lack of a price is not so much that the product is not ready or that the options are endless, but more so that it can not be done as cheap as speculated.

I'm with Ink....lets all sell our mopars and buy a mustang so we can get some cheap costing parts to build.:toothy10:
I'm not dropping a price until this thing is in my hands I know how much money it cost to build but Tory needs to tell me what he needs to get out of them for it to be worth it for him to make them. That cannot be done until he knows what needs to be done to get the 3rd gen hemi in it.

Demon it's not our place to price something that's not ours... If you PM or email Tshell (Tory) he can give you all the info you need.

JAson

USCG.... I agree with you on that one. So are you or Johnparts buying one from Tshell? If so, then why not post your price or price range for your set up. If not then I guess we can all just speculate until a point when he sells one.

I am personally going with an RMS unit, most likely piece by piece to spread the cost over time. Why? Other than the cost you do not see anyone complaining about quality, how it performs, or Bill's customer service but that is my personal choice route.

So there is no need for me to waste Tshell's time quoting a frame that I wouldn't end up buying.

This threads speculation of pricing can crash and burn a good product if it does not live up to the speculation of its cost, hence why I suspect that most folks who build a frame for themselves will not build more for resale.

My guess is it will not be as cheap as the Mustang stuff.... if it is then Tory or who ever pulls it off will be rolling in money with orders in no time at all.

USCG.... I agree with you on that one. So are you or Johnparts buying one from Tshell? If so, then why not post your price or price range for your set up. If not then I guess we can all just speculate until a point when he sells one.

I am personally going with an RMS unit, most likely piece by piece to spread the cost over time. Why? Other than the cost you do not see anyone complaining about quality, how it performs, or Bill's customer service but that is my personal choice route.

So there is no need for me to waste Tshell's time quoting a frame that I wouldn't end up buying.

This threads speculation of pricing can crash and burn a good product if it does not live up to the speculation of its cost, hence why I suspect that most folks who build a frame for themselves will not build more for resale.

My guess is it will not be as cheap as the Mustang stuff.... if it is then Tory or who ever pulls it off will be rolling in money with orders in no time at all.

I will have the 1st one in my car very soon. Tory actually contacted me yesterday and talked about material options instead of Chromoly and said it wold be quite of bit cheaper...Contact Tory for pricing details.

I will have the 1st one in my car very soon. Tory actually contacted me yesterday and talked about material options instead of Chromoly and said it wold be quite of bit cheaper...Contact Tory for pricing details.

So then what is the price range on just your bare k-frame? You had to have talked cost??

If its not $400 - $500 or less then according to the original idea of this thread by johnparts it could be deemed just another over priced mopar part produced at a price to gouge us.

I hope everyone reading this knows I am only questioning to keep with the original post, I do not have an axe to grind either way.

Its just tough to believe from looking at the pics from Tshell's post showing his frame that its is going to be in that price range.

I personally just hope to see a couple more sweet *** mopars rolling around on something new and creative.. . . either way, its a great discussion thread, Derek

Derek I just got off the phone with Tory and we talked price a bit. I'm going to throw a number out there and I want to here if you all think this is heading in the right direction or not.
ok this is just speculation but it is a good guestimate of what the full system will run. There are 2 options here one is for 1 5/8 .083 mainsection with everything needed minus your spindles and brakes. Around $2600.00

The other option is 1 5/8 .120 DOM tubing again with all the bells and whistles for around $1900.00

Both include coils overs, upper and lower moly control arms, steering arms, manual rack with tie rod ends, and the k-member.

If this sounds fair let me know.

Not to change the subject entirely, but I have looked into a replacement front end for my 64 Fairlane. One kit is from http://www.fatmanfab.com/fordbrakeupgrade34.php .I have driven in a one car that had this kit put in it. Turning radius was terrible, damn near double what it was from the factory. No bump steer, nice road manners but tight turns, forget it. Have a friend that put one in his Fairlane, so far so good. Turning radius issue is not there, so probably it was the car I drove. My friend has a total of $3200 into his with the brakes. Bought the kit and then the rest of the parts from his friend at Napa. Second option is from http://www.rcmotorsportsinc.com/ kit price is $2400 or so. However, the Fairlanes were desigined to carry the weight on the front of the car on the shock towers. This kit puts the weight of the front of the car on the frame rails. So it is very much like installing coilovers into an a-body. While some say it is not a big deal, others say it is. Have read reviews that kit works great, car handles way better. But there is the weight placement issue. Third option is http://www.rrs-online.com/index.php while they are in another country they have a retailer in the states. From everything I have read this is "THE KIT". Car handles night and day from oem, weight is carried where it belongs. Install is simple with customer service that rivals the best of them. Will offer a discount if you buy it all at once, but you better have a big wallet. Strut kit $3355, 287 mm brake kit $623, Shock tower notch kit $264, strut rod kit $359 and a manual rack for, hopefully you are sitting down, $2405 for a total price of $7006, subject to discount. SO I guess, in our case, things could be a bit worse.....

Stock spindles and brakes? Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked already...
Derek I just got off the phone with Tory and we talked price a bit. I'm going to throw a number out there and I want to here if you all think this is heading in the right direction or not.
ok this is just speculation but it is a good guestimate of what the full system will run. There are 2 options here one is for 1 5/8 .083 mainsection with everything needed minus your spindles and brakes. Around $2600.00

The other option is 1 5/8 .120 DOM tubing again with all the bells and whistles for around $1900.00

Both include coils overs, upper and lower moly control arms, steering arms, manual rack with tie rod ends, and the k-member.

If this sounds fair let me know.

Yes stock spindles and brakes I was going to hunt down a price on a big brake kit too and ad that in too but retain the stock spindles

And to clarify I never mentioned a 400 dollar price point just that it was going to be more affordable then other options of the same type.

And to clarify I never mentioned a 400 dollar price point just that it was going to be more affordable then other options of the same type.
Hey John;Wasn't trying to hold you on 400,trying to make a point to one of your future customers.Again Good luck on your endeavors,but remember cover your a$$,noone else will

Well if you guys are interested in more info pm me and I might be able to better on these prices if say 5-6 guys want one.

Why do you think RMS (or me as far as that goes) uses Mustang II (FRONT STEER) spindles...do you think its because we want the price high??...no..its because the stock steering is REAR steer and the stock spindles are engineered for REAR steer....and just because a bracket(I don't care how many shear it is) is made to bolt eveything up it doesn't change that fact.....oh yea..$700.00 extra for better tubing???...whats with that!!

Is there an option for a power rack? And why is .083 cost more then the .120? This could be something I over look and am super tired

Denny you for one should know that besides the cost of tubing is higher there is more time involved in the welding of the moly tubing to keep things straight. I actually didn't expect this kind of question out of a fabricator because when Tory and I discussed it I understood right away why he wanted more for the moly tube vs the dom mild steel.

Is there an option for a power rack? And why is .083 cost more then the .120? This could be something I over look and am super tired

Yes you can get a power rack I'm just unsure of the cost difference between the 2 racks.

The .083 Moly tubing is a lighter stronger more flexible tubing that costs more then 3 times what the mild steel .120 DOM tubing does. Also with the .083 tubing it has to be tig welded together or it will crack the .120 wall tubing is a mild steel so it can be mig welded which seriously reduces the amount of time it takes to weld the unit together.

-
Back