Opinions on VFN fibreglass scoops?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Did some searching but didn't find what I need. Looking for opinions on these

S697 3" 64-67 Hemi Scoop. Price=150.00 . Bolt-On style 3"H x 34"W x 36"Long. Weight=3 Ship: UPS Items.

shown here...
Factory style scoops

I'd appreciate anyone who has one, and put one on a 64/65 A body, sharing an opinion.

Thanks

-=C

I know your looking for early A but, I'm using it on my '68 with a glass nose and glass flat hood all vfn. All good stuff.

I used a VFN hood on my '63. Can't speak to the scoop though.. VFN doesn't make a scoop like I wanted. So I wen't with another brand. Street Scene.
Otherwise, I like the VFN quality. Probably one of the best fitting hoods I've used.

Go over to FBBO and look for sled city or find it on webpage on the net. He has been at this for 30 yrs and I have bought his scopps first time back in '95. Having thw studs made into the scoop is a big plus also to me.
O bought a 4 x 9 sheet of 2 ga mild plate ($37 here in Tx) and fabbed a low profile and MW scoop NO metal break cost

Go over to FBBO and look for sled city or find it on webpage on the net. He has been at this for 30 yrs and I have bought his scopps first time back in '95. Having thw studs made into the scoop is a big plus also to me.
O bought a 4 x 8 sheet of 20 ga mild plate ($37 here in Tx) and fabbed a low profile and MW scoop NO metal break cost

100_2617.JPG

100_2615.JPG

I did do some more work on the front edge of the low hemi scoop, not in pic. They have some hammer marks I can take out with a very little filler or just leave as they are for sure metal not fiberglass. These were OEM in aluminum, originals cost what $1200-1500?? lol

This is the style scope your looking for on my 66, This one was from AAR fiberglass a lot better quality than VFN at the time I bought it 18 years ago. But AAR sold out to another company and I can't remember the name off hand. They do show up at Chrysler's at Carlisle every year, maybe one of the other members knows who they are.

GREGG`PICTURES 026.jpg

GREGG`PICTURES 034.jpg

1207191239.jpg

I did do some more work on the front edge of the low hemi scoop, not in pic. They have some hammer marks I can take out with a very little filler or just leave as they are for sure metal not fiberglass. These were OEM in aluminum, originals cost what $1200-1500?? lol

I was originally, still might, look at fabricating one. Problem is I'm not much of a metal shaper. That said, i was looking at truck hoods with the idea i could use one of the many out there with raised center sections as the base. Cut, rearrange, splice, bam!

I like the scoops you made, and either one would fit the bill. I lack the tools and experience for something like that right now.

That said, I've done and jumped into the deep end on more than one occasion so who knows.

There are a bunch of measurements as far as length width height which slopes, not simple. The MW is basical 30 width rear, 34 front, 37 1/2 length it slopes from1/2 in rear to 2 /1 2 front. Then there is a raised area on top to make it sturdy.
edit: of yea the dip down the middle is 4 3/8 front and 5 1/2 in. rear

Last edited:
-
Back