Over $6000 to install TTI headers on 66 Barracuda

-
I thought it was a joke when I first saw the title. For six grand you could buy another car with tti already on it .

I've installed headers by myself. Not a easy task, but I spent no more than 5 hours.

I'm in San Jose bring it to me I'll do it for a couple hundred bucks in my drive way or even help you do it at no cost .. 6000 is insane where is the place you took car ... Need to rip that guy a new a**hole... Either he has no clue on what he is doing or he his playing you like a fiddle

Man, Ill drive up the 340 miles with the cherry picker in the back of my truck and drop the motor around those in 2 hours. Pay me shop wages and gas and you'll be out $350 bucks. Don't think I will do this but that's all it takes. I understand TTI's can even go in with the motor still bolted up..so WTP? (What's the Problem) Take up DustYa's offer, thats made to order.

Holy Crap Batman...$6,0000 is my budget for my whole car( not a rotisserie job)
Wow !! X2 Back in Time, and this includes new paint and trans with new Hooker fenderwell headers..... 6 G's !! OMG !

I know, threaten him with a shotgun!!!!!! Yee-haw!!! That's what I always do.

Who said anything about a threat? I just said take it. Holding a shotgun not pointed at anyone is not a crime.

Who said anything about a threat? I just said take it. Holding a shotgun not pointed at anyone is not a crime.

Maybe not a crime, but the police here(and other places) would shoot first then try to figure the situation out. Not too long ago in South San Jose it happened with a female pointing a cordless drill at folks. I would really like to know the name of that shop.

Maybe not a crime, but the police here(and other places) would shoot first then try to figure the situation out. Not too long ago in South San Jose it happened with a female pointing a cordless drill at folks. I would really like to know the name of that shop.

Then they would be the criminals. Not I.

yeh. it is. some places this is called "displaying a weapon" or even "brandishing" a weapon.

hell fer half that much i could fly down there, book a couple days in the best hotel in town, and come over an put em on for ya.

yeh. it is. some places this is called "displaying a weapon" or even "brandishing" a weapon.

hell fer half that much i could fly down there, book a couple days in the best hotel in town, and come over an put em on for ya.

No it's not. There's no law against "display". Brandishing is using it in a threatening manner. Holding it pointed in a safe direction is neither. Let's keep this on track. If you want to argue, start another thread and I'll be glad to rack up 20 pages with you.

James,
If you have a disability that prevents you from crawling around cars I could understand this but if not..........Why are you paying someone to do this?

Hell if I had to do this my post would read:

I just got out of jail after I beat the **** out of some c/sucker that ripped me off.

Get your ******* car and bring a friend with huevos if ya have to!

Attachments

• dr-evil-300x155.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 417
No it's not. There's no law against "display". Brandishing is using it in a threatening manner. Holding it pointed in a safe direction is neither. Let's keep this on track. If you want to argue, start another thread and I'll be glad to rack up 20 pages with you.

Rusty, you're not in California buddy. Yes, you can carry a shotgun. An UNLOADED shotgun. In California, if you're in public, you can't carry a loaded weapon unless you've got a concealed carry permit (in which case, it can't be a shotgun). Otherwise, you've got to carry your ammo separate. Unless you're in the national forest, or on private property with the consent of the property owner. If the OP did as you suggested he could be arrested for brandishing here.

For the OP, contact the BAR and get your car. That's insane.

Tell him you want your car NOW and that you will only pay what you consider to be reasonable UP TO the amount he quoted and threaten to go to Attorney General. I am SOOO glad I can do all my own work. It's guys like that who give honest mechanics a bad name. I wish you lived nearby, I'd have you come over and help you for free.

Rusty never said carry a loaded shotgun, or point it at anyone, he just said to bring one with. A bit over the top, sure, but I think it could be very effective just having it as a prop.

I definitely would bring a couple/few people with me and go get the car if it was me. $6000 for an incomplete job is pure crap.

Thats insane sum headder install. Mine hole engine rebuild cost 1/3 of that...

If you have any kind of consumer protections there use them.

In here if mechanic tries to charge over 10% of quoted prize without informing you before job you dont have to pay

What's worse is, at dealerships, the labor rate is beyond 100 an hour, yet the mechanics rarely see much over 20 an hour.

^^^^ This is true. My son was a Benz Tech in Annapolis Md for 7 yrs. Their hourly billing rate is $125.00. They paid him $30 an hr. We charge $65 hr for work out of our home shop. Can hardly find time to work on the Hot Rods.

To the OP-- Go Get Your Car !!!

60 hours?
Sounds like 6 hours of work may have been done but surely 54 hours of BS is being pulled!

^^^^ This is true. My son was a Benz Tech in Annapolis Md for 7 yrs. Their hourly billing rate is $125.00. They paid him $30 an hr. We charge $65 hr for work out of our home shop. Can hardly find time to work on the Hot Rods.

To the OP-- Go Get Your Car !!!

The owners need to pay for their fancy high dollar buildings. Local dealer just opened a new building, and is dozing the old one. Cost 27 million dollars.

I think the OP may not have anything in writing or we wouldn't be having this conversation! I would also go get the car, see what's really done to it, and just take it from there! Get the car though, and don't take no for an answer! If he refuses to give the car back before payment is made, call the cops in! Jmo, Geof

i hope it sounds nice what kinda of mufflers will shop be putting the mufflers on

-
Back