Painless wire harness install (MORE PROGRESS)

-
interesting, i have never seen those. How do they feel with regular street driving?

not sure. i have not driven the car since they have been installed. from what i hear they work well. i know the roundy round guys use them alot.

slowly getting back at it. i have been sick with the flu from hell for the last two weeks. spent some time today running the 1/0 battery cables. it ended up being a pain in the ***. getting the heavy cable to the starter without it rubbing on anything was quite the task. i ended up modifying the adapter that comes on the mine starters. it brought the mounting lugs up and away from the engine.

trunkwiring002_zps4143d1cd.jpg

i found some industrial heat shrink for the lugs as well. this stuff is super thick and is some tough stuff.

trunkwiring001_zpse6b7896e.jpg

i ran the cable inside the driver side wire tracks and thru the firewall at the pinch weld. this gave me a nice route to the starter. i know the wire looks to be right below the pedal but its not. i have plenty of clearance. once the carpet is in you will never know its there.

trunkwiring003_zpse9508cad.jpg

trunkwiring004_zpsdc11b8fd.jpg

then i had to go thru the rear fire wall and around the inner wheel tub.

trunkwiring006_zps2cd8a8cf.jpg

this is as far as i got. ran out of mounting clamps.

trunkwiring005_zps581323cb.jpg

from here the wire will go to my cut off switch that is mounted in the rear bumper.

trunkwiring005_zps581323cb.jpg

tonight i finished up running the battery to starter wire. i ended up moving my kill switch to the center of the rear bumper.

batterywire003_zps4e502ba6.jpg

finished up running the battery cable thru the trunk. once the carpet is in the trunk you will never know its there.

batterywire002_zps59e3d85e.jpg

batterywire001_zpsd1fb096b.jpg

thanks to some help from 67Dart273 i hit another huge milestone in my painless wiring install! i have the ignition system working! hit the key and she turns over.

she is not quite ready to start but i just had to give her a little bump over to see if it worked. could have screamed i was so excited!

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/starter_zpsb5b7cc02.mp4]
th_starter_zpsb5b7cc02.jpg
[/ame]

Great!! LIttle late now, but you could have run the starter cable up the firewall and through the clutch rod hole above. It would have saved another hole, and kept the cable from under foot. I dearly hope you are planning on putting some "protection" on top.

that cable looks to be right under the brake pedal but it is actually about 3" below the pedal when it is depressed. It will not be under my heel either. but now that you mention it i will put a shield over it. before i put the carpet down.

getting extremely close to finishing the wiring project. have been working tons of overtime at work and have had little time to finish up my projects. as of now i have all the under dash wiring complete. got my dome light working off of the door switches as well as the light switch in the dash. i got my tach all wired up and got my exhaust dumps hooked up today. here is a little video of them in action.

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/Shaynas161_zps70d8ebbc.mp4]
th_Shaynas161_zps70d8ebbc.jpg
[/ame]

Keep up the good work. I cant wait to bump the key in mine...

JOE

it is a long process. my car is super basic. i couldnt even imagine doing a car with all the bells and whistles. my focus lately has been to run/terminate all the wires that are attached to the fuse box. so i had wires that were meant for things that i dont use. the radio for instance has a constant hot that i ended up running as the power supply for my dome light and then i had to run the grounding circuits to the door switches and the light switch. the fuse box also had a keyed hot for the radio that i used for my tach power. i now have all the fuse box wires ran. i could start it today if i really wanted but i want to completely finish the wire harness so that it is 100% done. i want to fire the engine and have it done.

please come wire my car! Wow awesome job Very clean and meticulous. I have a set of QTP exhaust dumps your gunna love them pulling into shows thats my favorite part.

I have QTP elec cutouts with the digital controller , I have them set for
10% , 25% and full open and of course quick close for when the red lights are behind.

clamp that bat cable to the firewall.. use the end of that steering column bolt. just screw a nut onto it to hold the clamp. you don't want that woire bouncing into the header for any reason..

trunkwiring002_zps4143d1cd.jpg

well this weekend i finally got my tail section wired up. got the sending unit for fuel cell wired up and working. I got my tail lights, signals and brake lights working as well. here is a little video of them in action. I am very excited about being nearly done with wiring the car.

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/DSCN0370_zps1ee4facb.mp4]
th_DSCN0370_zps1ee4facb.jpg
[/ame]

That's looking great man!

I made a stupid mistake on the tail light section that had me stumped. I had all the rear lights working except that only the passenger side brake light worked and the driver side brake light wouldnt come on but the turn indicator bulb would come on. it was such a simple mistake but i lost sleep for two days thinking about it. I had the front and rear driver side turn signal wires mixed up at the steering column plug. took me forever to figure it out.

I made a stupid mistake on the tail light section that had me stumped. I had all the rear lights working except that only the passenger side brake light worked and the driver side brake light wouldnt come on but the turn indicator bulb would come on. it was such a simple mistake but i lost sleep for two days thinking about it. I had the front and rear driver side turn signal wires mixed up at the steering column plug. took me forever to figure it out.

Considering how much wiring you have done on that car. That is and easy one to fix!! Great work!

thanks man. once i got it running the rest of the wiring went on the back burner. now im in a mad dash to get it buttoned up and able to drive on the street legit. no more 2 block joy rides. i wanna get her out and stretch her legs. i forget what 120+ mph at 6000 rpm feels like.

need some opinions guys. I have the turn signal indicator lights in the dash that are on opposite sides of the speedo. you can see them in the video above. i am having a hard time finding a home for the high beam indicator light. it is the same exact light as the turn indicators but with a blue bulb. it bugs me just on its own to the left of the other two lights. it looks out of place not being semetrical. i thought about mounting it on the bottom lip of the dash frame so it would shine down toward my feet and be hidden but still warn me that high beams are on. i just cant make up my mind. i dont want to drill a hole in my dash and regret it,.

i have a GM light switch in the dash and the button on the floor board. i dont know where exactly i want to put the high beam light. I thought about just putting another light (a dummy light) on the other side so i would have a total of 4 lights in the dash but at least then it would be even.

-
Back