Paxton Supercharger!

-

redlinegw

Shannon
Reaction score
Best power for the money and easiest install!

Attachments

• valiant at hot august nights.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,869
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,904
awesome! I will always want one....

id change out those grade 2 hardware bolts thats holding your bracket for the super charger for some grade 8's though.....for the price of those kits ya think they wouldnt cheap out on bolts. LOL

Looks like the charger unit is going to sit above the hood line or is that weird angles in the picture???

Nice and clean. How much power does it make??
I would think the Intake Air Temps are pretty high with no intercooler and the piping routed like it is which would hold back an aggressive tune. "Detonation"

wonder how it works when it comes on boost? it would be like a turbo in the sense that you would need a type of methanol injection wouldn't you?

I like the carb hat. It is designed to create a centrifugal anti-de-laminating effect of air molecules.
Anyway it appears pretty simple indeed! I friggin like it. Boost is outstanding.

Does your fuel pump come with the kit and is it elec or mech? Is there any electronics with the kit at all? Where did you get the kit?

The complete tech article will be in an upcoming issue of Mopar Muscle. It is a conservative tune with only 7lbs of boost and it runs great with 91 octane pump gas. The dyno results were weird because my 8" 4500 converter wouldnt hold on the dyno. I have since installed a 10" 2800 from PTC so when the car comes back from Hot August Nights it will go back on the dyno. I will post the dyno #s when they give them to me. Seat of the pants dyno is "OH CRAP" this thing is FAST! The car went 12.80 @ 104mph at Mopars at the Strip 2 years ago without the supercharger so it should be in the 11's with it. I went with a Walbro electric fuel pump and a Mallory boost reference regulator, I think they will offer the kit with or without. I believe the target price is under $3000.

I'm seeing the walbro fuel pump and mallroy regulator as popular choices with boosted setups. What size fuel line would this system run? Does it require a return line? And do you run a stock fuel pickup or a custom setup considering the inline fuel pump?

No matter how ugly a turbo or sc looks I think they are flat out amazing to look at once they're strapped to a huge motor! Good work!

I ran 3/8 fuel line with a new 3/8 sender from Vans Auto with the stock pick up. I drilled and tapped a hole in the sender then installed a 3/8 barbed fitting with jb weld as a thread sealer "no leaks" for the return line. This setup works just fine but the ideal setup would be a new baffled gas tank with an in tank pump, I believe someone is making this setup for A-bodies but it is big $$$$ and you know how cheap us A-body guys are! Hahaha

I ran 3/8 fuel line with a new 3/8 sender from Vans Auto with the stock pick up. I drilled and tapped a hole in the sender then installed a 3/8 barbed fitting with jb weld as a thread sealer "no leaks" for the return line. This setup works just fine but the ideal setup would be a new baffled gas tank with an in tank pump, I believe someone is making this setup for A-bodies but it is big $$$$ and you know how cheap us A-body guys are! Hahaha

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I had a problem; it was a 120-mile round-trip from my front door to the strip, and my car needed 110-octane fuel to run its best at the drags, but would run okay on 93 octane driving to and from the race.

What to do????

The only solution that seemed to make any sense to me was to build TWO complete, autonomous fuel systems; one for the strip; one for getting there, and daily driving.

A LOT of push-on hose, A-N fitting$, and head-scratching, later, I had my dual-fuel system.

By turning a few valves, and flipping a couple of electrical switches, I could use either fuel supply, run through either of two pumps and filters, and the entire fuel switch-over only took about two minutes.

Looks like a plumber's nightmare, but it works for me; 110-octane in the fuel cell for racing (10-pounds of boost on a Vortech-inspired 360 Magnum), or putting down the hi-way at 60mph, on pump gas.

I just have to remind myself not to let that boost gauge needle sweep over into non-vacuum territory, when I have the 93-octane mouse milk flowing...

The GOOD fuel pump is in the trunk; the Holley Blue (street) pump is under the car, by the rear axle. That's it behind the air bag...

See pix for a better understanding of this Rube Goldberg wet dream...:wack:

Attachments

• 100_2850.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,846
  • 100_2853-3.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • 100_2750.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_2830-2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 1,822
  • 100_3093.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,807
  • 100_3053-3.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 1,861
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I had a problem; it was a 120-mile round-trip from my front door to the strip, and my car needed 110-octane fuel to run its best at the drags, but would run okay on 93 octane driving to and from the race.

What to do????

The only solution that seemed to make any sense to me was to build TWO complete, autonomous fuel systems; one for the strip; one for getting there, and daily driving.

A LOT of push-on hose, A-N fitting$, and head-scratching, later, I had my dual-fuel system.

By turning a few valves, and flipping a couple of electrical switches, I could use either fuel supply, run through either of two pumps and filters, and the entire fuel switch-over only took about two minutes.

Looks like a plumber's nightmare, but it works for me; 110-octane in the fuel cell for racing (10-pounds of boost on a Vortech-inspired 360 Magnum), or putting down the hi-way at 60mph, on pump gas.

I just have to remind myself not to let that boost gauge needle sweep over into non-vacuum territory, when I have the 93-octane mouse milk flowing...

The GOOD fuel pump is in the trunk; the Holley Blue (street) pump is under the car, by the rear axle. That's it behind the air bag...

See pix for a better understanding of this Rube Goldberg wet dream...:wack:
Holy cow Bill talk about a sleeper car, and that will pass tech at a track?? Not critisizing just curious.

http://www.rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com sell them.. very nice set up but it is $750. comes with the pump and all though.

There was a car at Fall Fling with one of those. There was some discussion about the carb and who built it for a blow through application but I didn't stick around long enough to get the gist of it.

There was a car at Fall Fling with one of those. There was some discussion about the carb and who built it for a blow through application but I didn't stick around long enough to get the gist of it.

Pretty sure this is the car you saw there.

Holy cow Bill talk about a sleeper car, and that will pass tech at a track?? Not critisizing just curious.

The tracks I run at are a lot more interested in your entry fee than any NHRA-mandated safety equipment rules. But the push-on hose is legal.

Looks like garden hose, but the guy who sold it to me (GRT race cars; a world-class chassis fabrication shop for dirt track race cars in Greenbriar, Arkansas) said that he had witnessed an incident wherein a nearly full fuel cell had been knocked out of a race car, and was being dragged around behind the car, and the hose tore in two before the push-on connection was pulled apart, with NO clamps... He said that a dirt track race was potentially the most physically damaging environment for a fuel system, and lots of folks choose push-on hose for that. So, I figured it would work okay for my street/strip car, and it has held up, nicely; no leaks... no clamps; just push it on. NHRA has a list of approved push-on hose brands.

The car runs mid-11s @ about 118 mph... and, yes, It's kind of a sleeper... dog dish hubcaps, flat hood, and all.

Thanks for the kind words.

Here are a couple more pics...

Attachments

• 100_3266.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,760
  • valleave2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 100_3394-2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,732
  • 100_19532.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,724
  • 100_0116.jpg