People knitpicking your car.

-
Its OK.....They probably all own Camaro's so it's the P thing......Plymouth envy

Pretty much every car show I've gone to, I had at least one pair of toothless redneck dudes come up and say "What model is this?"

I say "Barracuda".

They say "NO!, what M-o-d-e-l?"

I say "Barracuda."

Then their friend chimes in..."W-h-a-t M-o-d-e-l?"

I then say slowly as I grab the 8x10 car show card off the dash and show them as I point...."The (make) is Plymouth,....... the (model) is Barracuda,...... and the (year) is 1967."

Then they both go "Ahhhhhhh, I thought so."

Funny stuff.

That's funny...I only have one emblem left on the back tail panel. And my trunk and hood fish....most people under 30 have no clue what it is.....I heard a younger 30ish guy last week confidently lean in towards his buddy and say
" Look at that sweeeet camaro dude". I almost shot beer out of my nose I was laughing so hard.......Inbread Maaafs....Get back in your primered 82 IROC and hit the low way.

So go ahead and comment......Yea I got dings already....so what, I drive it up and down a freakin 1/8th mile gravel road just to get it to the street every time I drive it.

That one still cracks me up. SWEEEEET CAMARO DUDE=P~

road.jpg

I like it when people try to guess what model of Chevy my GTS is. When I try to tell them they keep interrupting me with their next guess........

around here I get the "I got / had one just like that { mines a rare colour from a different year with aar stripes } but theres has a 340 /x heads /4 speed / 4:11 all origional #s matching , now I've had my car for a couple of years now and I know about almost a dozen other gen2 barracudas and I know most of their owners as well by my counting there's about 75 other cars most of them 69s with 68 turbine bronze paint and a 70s AAR stripe floating around this area they are just way cooler than mine will ever be oh and they have this high tech invisible paint , like the other guy's said my favorite response is " cool where is it?" as I look around in mock belief

Had a guy at a car show ask me if my 340 Dart Sport was Al Bundy's old car. :roll:

lol a year from now i will be starting my project... but I dont think chicks will like it. A nostalgia inspired street/strip car? Aluminum door panels, no radio, no heater, and no back seat? I dont think they'll appreciate that much, rofl.
I see it this way: if you do run across a chick that digs such a machine, she's a keeper.

Gunna get a sign made that says, "No, it's not perfect. No, that's not factory. And no, I don't give a crap."

Dont worry... happens to everyone. Even me and my dad get it with the roadrunner. Everything on that car is factory or factory appearing except for the wheels and the exhaust. People still try to tell us that things didnt come on our car! That's what happens when everyone is an expert. And you know... our car is one of less than 250 the way its built, but it's amazing how everyone and their mother has had or known someone that has had "one just like that". I think by now we should know who owned every one of them :p

I think our last little "argument" was on whether the white stripes running down the side were factory. They were optional... and they came on my dads car originally. This guy didn't seem to get that.

I hate this crap too, it comes with the territory i guess, even at the race track, same o'le $hit, "was that a nitrous run", i'd say, NO ya dum azz now get away from me, & yes my hood was open, OR, are you running aluminum heads, i'd say, WHY are irons junk, stuff like that lol, i just bought a 71 Swinger, factory 318 with an 8.3/4, allready i had someone ask if the rearend was an original, because he didn't think they came with them, or at least MINE didn't, its a shame really, i was mopar way back when, when mopars were not cool, but ever sence they took off & started becomeing valuable, all the mopar wanna-be's think they know it all about these cars, its a shame, sometimes i wish they would loose there value, you'de be surprised how many people you wouldn't see anymore, its all about the $$$$$$$. When i was growing up, if you had a Dart in your driveway, you were the laughing stock of the neighborhood, but i still loved them regardless.

I have a pistol-grip shifter in my 73 Dart Sport 340,two weeks ago this guy comes to me at a show and says...they didn,t put pistol-grips in Dart Sports.I laughed and said..theys don,t own this one!LOL.

I hate this crap too, it comes with the territory i guess, even at the race track, same o'le $hit, "was that a nitrous run", i'd say, NO ya dum azz now get away from me, & yes my hood was open, OR, are you running aluminum heads, i'd say, WHY are irons junk, stuff like that lol, i just bought a 71 Swinger, factory 318 with an 8.3/4, allready i had someone ask if the rearend was an original, because he didn't think they came with them, or at least MINE didn't, its a shame really, i was mopar way back when, when mopars were not cool, but ever sence they took off & started becomeing valuable, all the mopar wanna-be's think they know it all about these cars, its a shame, sometimes i wish they would loose there value, you'de be surprised how many people you wouldn't see anymore, its all about the $$$$$$$. When i was growing up, if you had a Dart in your driveway, you were the laughing stock of the neighborhood, but i still loved them regardless.

Actually, I have found 71-72 darts and valiants that came with 8 3/4 axles stock, even though they were 318's and even slant 6's. They were trying to get rid of them before the 73 model year when the 8 1/4 came out.

-
Back