Personal Crisis in Western NC: HELP!!!

-

/6 Matt

30 Degrees Crooked
Reaction score
Ok guys, it's not very often I do this because I don't like to share my problems that much cause I know everyone has there own to worry about. And further more, I can hardly help if help at all when anyone else needs it, why should I recieve any? I also know that no matter how bad it seems my situation is, there is always somebody right beside me who needs help even more than I do.

With that being said to my fellow FABO family, I need help.

My rearend is like 2 seconds away from taking a major **** on me after 40+ years of wear and tear plus 184K miles.

I live in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house with 6 other people that depend upon me. My parents, my sister and her two kids and boyfriend live in our basement. My dad, my sister's boyfriend and I all work three different shifts at three different jobs each about 20 miles in a different direction from the house. My dad works, 7am-7pm. My sister's boyfriend works 12am-7am. I work anywhere from 1 to 2:30pm untill 9:30 to 11pm. On top of this, because of the area, my niece and nephew don't ride the bus to elementary school which runs 7:30am-2:30pm.

We had, 3 running vehicles. Mine was the most dependable and ran the best although for the past 6 years we've been waiting on the rear end to blow, trying to prepare for it. My dad's silverado runs like **** and we have no idea how long it will be untill the Neon blows the f@#k up.

Yes, the rearend in my car has been going for 6 years. Why haven't I been prepared? Because we live paycheck to paycheck and can barely afford to keep food on the table. We have no other vehicle, no other back up plan. NOTHING. And my family has lived this way since I was born.

Today, I called the only local junk yard that's open on the weekend in our area. They got nothing.

I climbed under all three of our junk Dakotas and measured, It ain't happening.

I called my buddy up and had him measure under his 89' Mazda B2200 out of desperation. A Mazda rear could work, with some leaf spring relocation.

Long story short, if I can't rearend around Burke County NC quickly, I may loose my job and may still be ok. But if our luck prevails and the Neon decides it's gonna take a ****. 7 people will loose everything they've busted *** for there whole lives.

I have $70 in my pocket till I get payed this coming Friday. My dad and sister's boyfriend got payed this last Thursday and are broke to bills and food costs as well as medication.

I don't want to take anything for free, I have no idea how much I can give anyone or when I can get it to them but

please
please
please :prayer:

If anyone has a line on a rearend in my area, contact me.

As a faithless man, this is the first and last time I will ever say this. God bless you all! :angel8:

So you need a 7 1/4? People are usually giving them away for free, maybe someone near you can help. I am in MN and have one in a 66 Valiant, if you were closer you have it for free. Good luck buddy, I wish you the best

Yep, what Keith said. If you could find a 7 1/4 close it should be cheap. It will cost you more to modify another rear to fit your car. ( spring perches, brake line and cable mods, and driveshaft yoke mods.) Good luck my friend. tmm

I know the 7-1/4" are abundant and usually free. I'm just trying to get the word out now since I have to wait till Monday morning before I go to work to call junk yards. If I can even get a ride to work Monday.

The problem with our area is that it's overrun by Chevy and Ford. My dart is one of two mopars on the road in the tri-county area.

Where the rest are hiding? Your guess is as good as mine.

But thanks for the time to read my vent and cry for help guys! And thanks for the advice.

I know the 7-1/4" are abundant and usually free. I'm just trying to get the word out now since I have to wait till Monday morning before I go to work to call junk yards. If I can even get a ride to work Monday.

The problem with our area is that it's overrun by Chevy and Ford. My dart is one of two mopars on the road in the tri-county area.

Where the rest are hiding? Your guess is as good as mine.

But thanks for the time to read my vent and cry for help guys! And thanks for the advice.

Go to pull a part in Charlotte they are fairly cheap.

Best of luck, I'm nowhere near and don't have one anyway, but I'm rootin for ya. Keep your head up and hopefully your luck will change.

i do not know how close you are to me but i have a rear in my 340 dart it is just a roller rear, so, if you can make the trip out here you can have it for a good cause as i live the same way unfortunatly. it is tight. it is yoursw for free. just have to help me get the car back in my 2nd bay and ill set the back end on blocks till i start the resto one of th3ese years.lol

i am near martinsville international speedwway in va 1 hr from like winstonsalem, or greensboro. just let me know

i am sure this rear is a bolt in and go.shoot u can have it wit springs and perches so you will not need any u bolts. i am sure it is a 7.25 maybe even a 8.25 but i should have the d.s too

i do not know how close you are to me but i have a rear in my 340 dart it is just a roller rear, so, if you can make the trip out here you can have it for a good cause as i live the same way unfortunatly. it is tight. it is yoursw for free. just have to help me get the car back in my 2nd bay and ill set the back end on blocks till i start the resto one of th3ese years.lol

i am near martinsville international speedwway in va 1 hr from like winstonsalem, or greensboro. just let me know

i am sure this rear is a bolt in and go.shoot u can have it wit springs and perches so you will not need any u bolts. i am sure it is a 7.25 maybe even a 8.25 but i should have the d.s too

He lives in or around Morganton near Hickory so he is a good 3-4 hours from you

He lives in or around Morganton near Hickory so he is a good 3-4 hours from you
3-4 hours might very well be doable. I'll talk to my family tommorrow and see what we can muster as far as a slight roadtrip. Right now I'm the only one in the house awake stressin over this on only 4 hours of sleep that were not so pleasantly interupted at 10am this morning.

Best of luck, I'm nowhere near and don't have one anyway, but I'm rootin for ya. Keep your head up and hopefully your luck will change.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I would like to wish you and everyone else here the best of luck and fortune in life. May the stars shine bright on your brow!

Ok so here's what I pulled from map quest...

From my location in Icard to the Martinsville Speedway is 2 hours and 18 minutes. Fuel cost with my dad's poorly tuned silverado are estimated at $22.11 with a guestimated fuel economy of 15 city 20 highway.

So, a 5 hour round trip and like $50 in gas...

I'm gonna call my girlfriend when I go to bed here soon and see if she might have any extra money.

Ok so here's what I pulled from map quest...

From my location in Icard to the Martinsville Speedway is 2 hours and 18 minutes. Fuel cost with my dad's poorly tuned silverado are estimated at $22.11 with a guestimated fuel economy of 15 city 20 highway.

So, a 5 hour round trip and like $50 in gas...

I'm gonna call my girlfriend when I go to bed here soon and see if she might have any extra money.
Got a PayPal address? Would gladly send you a little to help with the gas.....

I have an 8 1/4 from a 73 2 door. That you are welcome to have, but getting it there would be more than it's worth.

Anyone in Michigan going to NC? I have a rear to take with you if your going anywhere near Icard, across 40.

-
Back