Photos Sub Frame Connectors

-
I like the looks of those US Car & Tool connectors. Very factory looking. They look like they are meant to be there.

in some cases too much is just enough. i went with 3x3" with 1/8" wall.

newdownload131.jpg

newdownload132.jpg

newdownload098.jpg

newdownload124.jpg

newdownload128.jpg

bigblockdart021.jpg

I bought mine off of e-Bay YEARS ago for about $90..... They are from Competition Engineering. What I like about them is they drop down a bit so you don't have to monkey around with the emergency brake cable or slicing the floor pan.
Cuda_Capers_32010001-vi.jpg

Cuda_Capers_32010006-vi.jpg

Here I'm test-fitting the connectors after trimming them. I had a friend weld them in the following weekend as a favor. I made sure they fit for him.

Cuda_Capers_32710013-vi.jpg

Here's Ricky from American Muffler in Baldwin, N.Y. doing what he does best.

Cuda_Capers_32710014-vi.jpg

Althought they do arch downward, they don't hang too low. Once they are POR-15'ed and undercoated you'll never see them.

Cuda_Capers_32710019-vi.jpg

The fuel line clears beautifully....

Cuda_Capers_32710018-vi.jpg

And the emergency brake cable doesn't have to be re-located as with some other brands.

** That bit of ugliness in front of the L/R leaf spring was created when I torched out an old ladder bar mount and put a small split in the frame. I'm a dick at times... Ricky fixed it. **

Now, is it worth it? I actually FELT the difference in my car. My car was assembled with new suspension, steering, brakes, and tires and now it feels like those new parts are finally bolted together!

BTW: I documented everything I did on this project. Just under 1,000 pictures on my Fotki account. I hope someone can use the info.
:-D

i like this set up

I've done a couple different style depending on what I was doing. 2x2, 2x3, below floor, through floor and into reare frame section channel...

Here's a set that I did making a bracket around the rear frame section. Used 2x2x.083 tube. Got lazy and didn't fishplate the trans crossmember.

frameconnectors.jpg

frameconnectors002.jpg

frameconnectors001.jpg

frameconnectors003.jpg

I like this KISS approach. My guess is that will work as well as anything else.

Did much the same as Cracked Back but fish plated sides and bottom of trans. x member. I think i gotta take some instruction on taking pics, some of you guys do an ausome job :glasses7: .

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 481
  • 006.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 462
  • 009.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 458
-
Back