Pink Floyd fans ?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any Pink Floyd fans out there? I got the Pulse DVD for Christmas and it is a dandy. Their music is dreamy. (reminds me of those days in the 70's)LOL
And what a light show! Mike

I'm a big Floyd fan myself. They just done make music like that anymore. Shine on you crazy diamond is one of my favorite songs of all time

Yeah, Pink Floyd is cool.

David Gilmore, in my opinion, is one of the best guitarists is history.

They used to have a radio special in Pittsburgh called "For headphones only" where they played some really cool stereo stuff and Pink Floyd was always in the mix.

Too bad the "day stations" only play the typical, overplayed Pink Floyd material.

I can remember the first time I heard "One of these day's I'm gonna chop you into little pieces" with headphones on, three oclock in the morning, all by myself, 16 years old, stoned out of my gourd in my basement, in total darkness.........it scared the living crap out of me and I almost killed myself getting to the light switch....ha, ha.

I love Pink Floyd! I wore a Dark Side Of The Moon 8 track pulm out in the 70's.

My favorite band, love listening to the earlier albums. Atom heart mother, Meddle, Ummagumma live album are a few of my favorites. Love them all.

Hellz yah they rock! I own all the albums but most are on tape. I even have the movie "The Wall" There is nothing like it. Also for anyone who is a flohyd fan in Oregon they have a great lazer light show. I went a few years ago and i thought my head would explode! They are one of my top bands of all times!

pink_floyd_0012.jpg

Meddle and Animals are my two favorites although I like all thier albums. "San Tropez" cracks me up and "Echoes" is pretty freaky.

One of my all time favorites too. First album I ever bought was The Wall. I was in 5th grade and I remember being totally shocked when Christopher Cross's "Sailing " won the Album of the Year Grammy beating out Pink Floyd amongst the others. Wonder how many people still listen to him nowadays....

I used to have practically every album they ever made including "relics" from 1967 that had this freaky 2 faced voodoo doll on the cover....nothing like dropping some A and listening to Pink Floyd (not that I ever did...)

Pink ******* floyd as my wife would say after a few of wobbly popssssss.We love pink floyd seen them in Toronto Canada what a trip.

Their lyrics are gloomy and depressing. Great musicians and show, just dont learn the words. LOL.

re the depressing lyrics, Roger Waters wrote a lot of politically motivated songs, in fact, Dark Side of the Moon is about politics, and then there was the wall, which told a story, Later, after Waters left the Band, the remaining members came out with "The Division Bell" which is a highly underrated album, also about political issues in Britian,

As far as Pink Floyd goes, I saw them in 1975 @ Knebworth Fair in England, along with Captain Beefheart and the Steve Miller Band, and some others. Awesome show as Floyd had a Quadrophonic sound system set up and played a bunch of old stuff, along with the complete Dark Side album, whew, awesome show.

Went back to Knebworth the following year and saw Lynyrd Skynyrd(pre crash) Todd Rundgren & Utopia, Hot Tuna, 10cc and the Rolling Stones, another monster show, all for about $10.

FF

Saw them in concert many moons ago, excellent, I was bussed for 4 days afterwards, also took me that long to get the stink out of my hair before I could go back to work. Love this song, it's got one of the hardest beginning that I've ever heard, kind of like a nitro fueler doing a burnout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ig2GnO1Kg

Seen them at Tampa Stadium during there Animals tour many moons ago.
What is the old saying "High as a kite" Yep and I still was the next day when I was on my nee's picking strawberries :-D
I have had all there music, But I can't remember what was on the other side of my 45 record I had :happy10: Money :angry7: I guess those brain cells are gone :toothy10:

Saw them in concert many moons ago, excellent, I was bussed for 4 days afterwards, also took me that long to get the stink out of my hair before I could go back to work. Love this song, it's got one of the hardest beginning that I've ever heard, kind of like a nitro fueler doing a burnout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ig2GnO1Kg

Great Song!!!

-
Back