PINKS 4 Wide Drag Racing? What Do You Think?

-

alleyoopmgv

Reaction score
PINKS 4 Wide Drag Racing?

What Do You Think? Did some of you watch it, and did you like or dislike it? Hard for me to wrap my head around it. I grew up at dragstrips, so I'm kinda use to only 2 cars at a time.

Is it just me, or are some of you guys getting bored of it?

What do you think about Rich Christenson? I'm starting to not like him.

Just wanted to know some of your guy's thought's?

I saw the commercial, looks like a gimmick to boost ratings, As far as Rich Christenson goes, he comes off as being a little fake, He's probably an ok person, I think he just tries a little too hard.

I saw the commercial, looks like a gimmick to boost ratings, As far as Rich Christenson goes, he comes off as being a little fake, He's probably an ok person, I think he just tries a little too hard.

Hey at least he's been cheering for the mopars!!! :cheers:

As for the 4 lane drag racing... I thought it was pretty cool. Have seen 3/4 lane races in some old pics . I guess thats the only track that still does it? Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool! It was nice to see the 69 dart outrun 3 cars at once but it didnt win the competition so I guess it doesn't matter much. Bottom line, I liked it, but wouldn't watch it over and over again. I like 2 lanes better.

HOWEVER line up 4 hemi mopars and I would love to see and HEAR that race.

Pro,s and con,s.
twice as many runs can be made
more action for the fans
less staging lane screw up and long lines
oil downs cause only 1 lane to be shut down,3 can still race,or 2

Danger increases 300%,if a car gets totally out of control,3 cars get toasted,instead of 1
3 cars can be srcatch in one race,two separate races and the winning cars are all ready racing against each other and one is gone before he knows he has won?

Ill always watch the drag racing shows. I prefer pass time though. The four lane thing was cool in a sort of silly way. Ratings. As far as rich goes though, I wish these shows could find a guy who knows cars. He doesn't. Pulled the same blunder as Lou on Muscle car, called a plymouth a dodge. I wish I could get a high paying job where I don't know what im doing.....

Pro,s and con,s.
twice as many runs can be made
more action for the fans
less staging lane screw up and long lines
oil downs cause only 1 lane to be shut down,3 can still race,or 2

I always hated going to TT and getting 2 runs a night.
This could be a good thing.

HPIM1657.jpg

The 4 lanes are divided into 2 separate sets. so 1 car losing control would only risk 1 other car

Ill always watch the drag racing shows. I prefer pass time though. The four lane thing was cool in a sort of silly way. Ratings. As far as rich goes though, I wish these shows could find a guy who knows cars. He doesn't. Pulled the same blunder as Lou on Muscle car, called a plymouth a dodge. I wish I could get a high paying job where I don't know what im doing.....

What plymouth? All I remember was that silver 69 dart.

I think it takes the focus off of the the sport. Drag racing is a match between 2 cars.
If you want to watch multi cars race, watch NASCAR.
Just my 2 cents again. :-D
Tom.

Thought the 4 lanes was kind of hokey.

Seems like the show is getting away from its grass roots. It use to seem a lot more simple,and that is what I liked about it. 2 guys/gals & 2 cars.Lose the race lose your ride. Sometimes less is more.

red 73+ duster in one of the four way drag races. The Lou guy takes the cake though. A slow 360 camera angle of a 70 hemi cuda. He called it a "dodge hemi cuda" while the camera was shooting the plymouth emblem on the grille. what a douchebag. Like I said, Ill never ever watch a show again where the host of a MUSCLE CAR show wants to tell me about a DODGE hemi cuda.

Though it was kind of dumb...and i don't like the new format they give you a time you have to run faster then..

As for the 4 lane drag racing... I thought it was pretty cool. Have seen 3/4 lane races in some old pics . I guess thats the only track that still does it? Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool! It was nice to see the 69 dart outrun 3 cars at once but it didnt win the competition so I guess it doesn't matter much. Bottom line, I liked it, but wouldn't watch it over and over again. I like 2 lanes better.

This track is brand new hemizach it's the Z-Max in Concord. 4 lane drags happened alot back in the day(way back).

This track is brand new hemizach it's the Z-Max in Concord. 4 lane drags happened alot back in the day(way back).

Still sucks so does the show it used to be good now i dont care to watch it
get nate back

Too gimicky for me plus I can't concentrate on that many cars at once,lol.Think Rich is just trying to find a different look.Maybe ratings are down.Like the sportbike comment I saw that one a couple of times,makes him look a lil stupid the way he drove the bike.:-D

Big Willie annoys me no end.... STFU!

The format is too "commercialized". Pinks has officially "jumped the shark...." :thebirdm:

But I must say, that Malibu wagon last night would give the Hemi under Glass a run for it's money.... 8)

Rich is a loud mouth who has allowed his head to get to big!!! And his attitude...i dont care for the 4 lanes of racing but to have at least one backup lane for spills is a decent idea..the new guys dont bother me as much as the old pair of brotheres did.. they were alittle over the top for me...just my opinion...

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 002.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 014.jpg

024.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

I have never liked that show. Rich pisses me off to no end. When he wreaked the bike, even after the guy told him to be careful and he responded with a "I can drive anything", the first thing he did was rip his shirt off. Whata dick. Then staging cars. I love watching drag racing, but why would anyone give you 4 car lengths so you can win and take his car. With that methed I should be able to win with a minivan. Everyone on the show is to animated and makes the sport look like a joke.

-
Back