please help identify tail lights

-
It looks cross eyed with those tail lights in it....

My exact thoughts when I first saw the pics. Those same tail lights would look a lot better spaced further apart. I've always thought the first-design Duster tail lights were too close together.
FABO member 'badass71' used the same basic style tail lights in the bumper of his Dart and I thought they really looked nice...

Attachments

• MATS2010103_edited%20(Small).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 237
Come on guys, is this any way to welcome a new member by "you got ripped off..."?

Sure, he should have done some research before buying, or posting here and asking about Dusters, but he didn't.

His car is not that bad. Especially if the sheet metal is solid. He's got something to work with.

mrdjc99 - Sure, it isn't what you thought it was, but you got a decent car to play with. You can always find a 340 or 360 to build how you want and swap in there. You have a nice canvas to start with, so make with it what you can. If you need any advice or info, just post up and usually someone here can help you.

Good point!!! Welcome mrdjc99. Be sure to do some research and ask a lot of questions before doing something to your car that your not sure about. Someone here is most likely going to know the answer and can give you some free advice. So use this site as a tool to learn what ever you need to know! The car does appear to be rust free so make it what ever you want it to be.:burnout: And go have some fun!

My exact thoughts when I first saw the pics. Those same tail lights would look a lot better spaced further apart. I've always thought the first-design Duster tail lights were too close together.
FABO member 'badass71' used the same basic style tail lights in the bumper of his Dart and I thought they really looked nice...
Now that looks cool!!!

Well said guys!!! Welcome to FABO, that Duster looks like a great project :glasses7:

Come on guys, is this any way to welcome a new member by "you got ripped off..."?

Sure, he should have done some research before buying, or posting here and asking about Dusters, but he didn't.

His car is not that bad. Especially if the sheet metal is solid. He's got something to work with.

mrdjc99 - Sure, it isn't what you thought it was, but you got a decent car to play with. You can always find a 340 or 360 to build how you want and swap in there. You have a nice canvas to start with, so make with it what you can. If you need any advice or info, just post up and usually someone here can help you.

Good point!!! Welcome mrdjc99. Be sure to do some research and ask a lot of questions before doing something to your car that your not sure about. Someone here is most likely going to know the answer and can give you some free advice. So use this site as a tool to learn what ever you need to know! The car does appear to be rust free so make it what ever you want it to be.:burnout: And go have some fun!

My father and I actually looked at the car when the guy who built it was selling it. He was a cheby guy. He told us it was a 340 that ran 12's. He built it to look like the charger in DEATH PROOF he told us. He was asking 7500....

Half that would have been a great plenty. As I said, I 'hope' you got a good buy on it.

Hey everyone of us has bought something at one time or another and later realized what the hell was I thinking. Like mentioned before the tail panel can be changed. But i think I would have to make a call to the seller and point out the 318 not 340 thing. At least see what he says. And welcome aboard.

welcome aboard... if you don't like those taillights and get rid of them i may be interested int he assemblies.

I agree with the above... he is happy with his purchase and I'm happy for him too!! Welcome to FABO, and in the words of the great philosopher and thinker of thoughts The Burger King..... "Have it your way!!"

Nothing like a bit of butt patting.....

:finga: Really? :thefinge: :fart: [-X

So we should go back to teasing him until he goes away? :crybaby: [-X

I thought that we were supposed to be nice and make others feel welcome.... :home:

Maybe I'm on the wrong site again. Let me check..... :read2:

:fart::wav::fart:

The hole for that tail light should be the same as a 70 Roadrunner tailight.If it was mine Id find a set of these to put in there.:happy1:

Attachments

• 2006%20Carlisle%201781.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 184
Those roadrunner lights look amazing! That's something to think about. I like the lights it has now though so maybe later. A lot of work was done to it. I was also told it ran 12's and saw the sticker say $7500 but I paid nothing close to that! Thank god now knowing its a 318. Don't know much about cars but I do know I sold my 68 chevelle to buy this. Doesn't seem to be rust. He did weld a roll cage inside with race seats. He did put work into it so on hoping he also did some nice work on the engine before throwing it in.

My father and I actually looked at the car when the guy who built it was selling it. He was a cheby guy. He told us it was a 340 that ran 12's. He built it to look like the charger in DEATH PROOF he told us. He was asking 7500....

I'm glad I didn't blow 7500. Did he give you any other info on it by any chance?

That whole car screams "sexy"

:finga: Really? :thefinge: :fart: [-X

So we should go back to teasing him until he goes away? :crybaby: [-X

I thought that we were supposed to be nice and make others feel welcome.... :home:

Maybe I'm on the wrong site again. Let me check..... :read2:

:fart::wav::fart:

:finga: Honesty.....worth more than damn near anything......You post pictures on a PUBLIC site....You should expect some UN-favorable comments. Save the "if you don't have anything nice to say" speech...My folks raised me to be honest....and if someone shows you a picture and you think the contents on the picture are fubar well......did you not ask me for my opinion by showing me the picture...

I would much rather have someone tell me the truth, even if it is something I don't wanna hear then have them lie to me.....Unlike some folks, I value ALL opinions, even ones I don't appreciate....Often times it makes one look at things from a different view....:finga:

i aint sure but they look like the older riveria taillights. i would replace the tail panel and put in the one for the duster.

FYI as the only 25 year old I know that knows what a duster is and can appreciate it, I welcome all comments and suggestions good or bad.

:finga: Honesty.....worth more than damn near anything......You post pictures on a PUBLIC site....You should expect some UN-favorable comments. Save the "if you don't have anything nice to say" speech...My folks raised me to be honest....and if someone shows you a picture and you think the contents on the picture are fubar well......did you not ask me for my opinion by showing me the picture...

I would much rather have someone tell me the truth, even if it is something I don't wanna hear then have them lie to me.....Unlike some folks, I value ALL opinions, even ones I don't appreciate....Often times it makes one look at things from a different view....:finga:

Thanks for the verification. :sign3:

Yep, this is the right site. Where the mods, admin., and ex-mods get to break the rules others are supposed to follow.... :protest:

All I'm saying is he's a new guy. Treat him like a guest. Don't criticize him for making a mistake.

Let him settle in before ostricizing, instuling, and bullying him....

-
Back