[FOR SALE] Plug and play - Headlight Relay Kits

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received the headlight harness/amp gauge bypass from Rob, top notch quality! Excited to get it installed.

[FOR SALE] - Charging system wire around 6 or 8ga

I don't suggest doing things like mad approach. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more info to keep this thread more headlight relay oriented. Thanks Rob
Hi Rob, My Demon is now set up with a voltmeter and I followed the MAD wiring approach. So basically I just drilled a bigger hole through the existing terminal locations on the bulkhead connector and ran the heavier wire straight through and soldered it together under the dash. I then installed a new voltmeter and just ran it off a 12v wire. My question is, are you suggesting I change the wire going from my alternator to my starter relay to a more heavy wire which you produce for better/brighter headlights and such??

Nope only 50% full.... hmmm PM coming at you.

If your inbox is full it may block you from sending.

@isharj

PS it said your inbox was full when I tried to send. :)

Hahaha!! I just sent you an email since there is some inbox voodoo going on here

Got plenty of materials to build kits. Hope everyone is doing well out there. Thanks to those that have purchased kits. Appreciate it.

Rob

We appreciate the effort and quality to keep our half century old cars on the road. Not just blowing smoke up your skirt, either. My '70 Swinger 340 turned 51 on April 10th.

Very first message, meaning #1 the very 1st post....and below is your question and below that is the answer I believe.

Sorry, but so many replies...where are the prices?

Headlight relay kits that are essentially plug and play.

There is a substantial increase in voltage at the headlight, increasing light output performance. Light output degrades exponentially with voltage input reductions. These kits also take headlight amp loads off the fragile bulkhead connector, headlight switch and amp gauge. The only headlight load flowing through the bulkhead is a minimal current required to trigger relays.

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco relays (no 1$ chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuses/fuse holders
12ga wire from alt to relays
12 or 14 gauge power wire from relays to headlight wiring (no 16-18 gauge wire like factory, except 16ga to trigger relays)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths and be covered with black shrink tube for most of the run lengths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

View attachment 1715101073

Road lamp relay kit is not included in the standard 2 and 4 headlight kits. There is an additional charge for a road lamp relay kit.

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke (front or rear), under the battery tray and inner fender uprights.

Picture of the light output difference from a 71 Cuda. Both pictures are on low beam setting, Left - before, Right - after installation.

View attachment 1715101075

Another benefit that most users see are an improvement in dash light and marker light/turn signal brightness.

Some other things to consider.
Unless you buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in different colored wire packages from a local auto store.

All kits I build are tested prior to shipping.

Kits for a 2 headlight vehicles are $135 + shipping.

Most 4 headlight vehicles are $160 + shipping.

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box, shipping in the US would be in the $10-15 range. International shipping is available. Kits have been shipped to Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. Most all shipping is done via US Postal Service unless other service is requested.

Kits with all products and wire required to build one yourself are $85 for a 2 headlight and $100 for a 4 headlight + shipping.

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks to all my customers, I appreciate your patronage!

Thanks...I wasn’t sure if that was an older post that hadn’t been updated.

d07e44e436aa5b9ef5c80950c8702959.png

J/K

Same prices as first post for now. Non chinese wire has doubled in price with my latest purchase. Gonna suck it up as best I can to not increase prices by $5.

Great kit from an awesome member. Picked this up from cracked yesterday and installed it this morning. Super simple and the quality is well worth the price. Headlights and markers are alot brighter and even the gauge lights. Well worth it.
20210610_204219.jpg

Products and services just don't get better. I cannot recommend Rob's kit enough. It's badass.

Man, having this harness installed makes your headlights as good as a brand new car, bright lights and no flickering!

FYI I pulled over to post this lol

I purchased a 4 light harness for my 72 Satty and couldn't be happier. I am running a wire from the alternator to the starter lug (ammeter bypass) so my harness was custom. Harness was very well made. Install was straight forward. I did have a question about my install because the instructions are for a 2 light system and my ammeter bypass. Rob got back to me immediately as I was doing the install. Try that with a large company. Customer service at it's finest. I have not driven at night yet however my headlights are brighter and they no longer dim at low RPM. Same for dash. Money well spent. I still need to align.

Before
IMG_20210714_131338_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210714_165621_hdr.jpg

After
IMG_20210714_165603_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210714_165621_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210715_094005_hdr.jpg

I purchased a 4 light harness for my 72 Satty and couldn't be happier. I am running a wire from the alternator to the starter lug (ammeter bypass) so my harness was custom. Harness was very well made. Install was straight forward. I did have a question about my install because the instructions are for a 2 light system and my ammeter bypass. Rob got back to me immediately as I was doing the install. Try that with a large company. Customer service at it's finest. I have not driven at night yet however my headlights are brighter and they no longer dim at low RPM. Same for dash. Money well spent. I still need to align.

Before
View attachment 1715767088
View attachment 1715767090

After
View attachment 1715767091
View attachment 1715767093

View attachment 1715767095

Nice pics and thanks for the post

Working on getting current orders out. Taking a couple weeks off sure puts me behind... :lol:

Just received my kit. VERY high quality harness. It will be awhile before it gets installed but with all the positive reviews I'm confident that the light will be bright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back