Possible good news from TrickFlow

-
well i was just talking to summit racing and according to them the Trick Flow intake has been DISCONTINUED . I'm going to call trick flow next to see what they say .

well i was just talking to summit racing and according to them the Trick Flow intake has been DISCONTINUED . I'm going to call trick flow next to see what they say .

TF is owned by Summit, I’d hope they know about their own products. Sad to hear we lost another product.

well good news i was just talking to jeff at trick flow and he told me they are having quality problems but he just received a bunch of samples and they are looking a lot better they now have the same foundry as the big block making them he figured another month or so they want them to be near perfect he said they wont be rushing out junk to just get them out there .

This is good news!

I wrote TF an email on 2/23/23 and this was their response to the SB intake release:

""There is currently no ETA on this intake. Once more information is available, we will update our website and our dealers.
Thank you,
TrickFlow""

It's a great intake, glad they're back on it

IMG_1706.JPG

intake3.JPG

intake2.JPG

It's just another intake manifold for racing, which I think that we have enough of. I'd like to see a better intake manifold selection for the street crowd ( dual plane ).

Dual plane crowd is usually worried about buying lawn chairs and used 318 parts, not new $400 intake manifolds.. :lol:

I thought that these manifolds would be brought up, noticed their rpm range, 2,500-6,500. Both have big runner's and port openings. Most on here say that the edelbrock performer isn't more than a factory intake manifold. I'd like to see a manifold that would have good throttle response and low to midrange torque.
It didn’t specifically mention Mopar but I think any good news is good news as far as production goes.

View attachment 1715932119
That might be just the thing for a small block stroker.

Dual plane crowd is usually worried about buying lawn chairs and used 318 parts, not new $400 intake manifolds.. :lol:
No idea where you get that.. my dual plane cost me $440.... no lawn chair in sight... I just know what i'm building and don't need a single plane :)

Open your wallets gent's, quit buying offshore bargain parts and just maybe a American company like Trick Flow will fulfill all your needs.
I don't need heads or intakes, but I bought the Trick Flow deep aluminum pan for a 727 and it is the best quality pan I've ever used and the price for the kit was very reasonable.
If Trick Flow made underwear I'd have me a pair.

Open your wallets gent's, quit buying offshore bargain parts and just maybe a American company like Trick Flow will fulfill all your needs.
I don't need heads or intakes, but I bought the Trick Flow deep aluminum pan for a 727 and it is the best quality pan I've ever used and the price for the kit was very reasonable.

I used to be on the TrickFlow bandwagon but first they dropped the ball putting an idiotic small valve seat in the small block Mopar heads. Then after one very nice flowing port one ran out of snuff at 290cfm and one went turbulent way before that and backed up real bad.

i also asked about an offset rocker head for the sb and he said they were looking into it but the geometry and the lifter angles and deck angles were a major problem for what they had in mind .

I don't know why you think american made is better.. i have a brand new edelbrock intake here that is so bad the intake gasket hangs into the ports (holes for the bolts drilled in the wrong spots)
I opened my wallet for TF... i ordered in january and am looking at the end of June... The only reason i bought those is that everyone else like promaxx costs pretty much the same and would need porting to be as good which would put the price even higher than TF's..
Spending more or going american made doesn't mean quality.

This is what paying $440 for what should be a $199 intake gets you.. American made!

2023-03-27 06.59.53.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why you think american made is better.. i have a brand new edelbrock intake here that is so bad the intake gasket hangs into the ports (holes for the bolts drilled in the wrong spots)
I opened my wallet for TF... i ordered in january and am looking at the end of June... The only reason i bought those is that everyone else like promaxx costs pretty much the same and would need porting to be as good which would put the price even higher than TF's..

This is what paying $440 for what should be a $199 intake gets you.. American made!

View attachment 1716070138
That's a discussion for another time and a different place.
Buy what you want, from where you want.

View attachment 1716070138

Put the laws on the Chinese that American companies have to deal with and see the quality drop. And the prices go up.

Don‘t have someone standing there, watching the chinese they cut every corner and then some.

Bitching about American companies and then holding them to a different, unfair advantage is a fools errand.

Put the laws on the Chinese that American companies have to deal with and see the quality drop. And the prices go up.

Don‘t have someone standing there, watching the chinese they cut every corner and then some.

Bitching about American companies and then holding them to a different, unfair advantage is a fools errand.
So in your mind it's ok that they charge twice as much for a product and make it to the same bad quality?

So in your mind it's ok that they charge twice as much for a product and make it to the same bad quality?

I try to make a point not to fund governments which knowingly and purposely kill Americans, but you do you. China is unsafe for business.

I try to make a point not to fund governments which knowingly and purposely kill Americans, but you do you. China is unsafe for business.
not what we were talking about at all.. we were talking about paying extra for quality parts..

not what we were talking about at all.. we were talking about paying extra for quality parts..

Which always boils down to domestic vs import, which is what started the whole tangent. Nothing wrong with import, except from enemy nations who's governments own, run, and profit from their manufacturing (China).

Domestic will always cost more but doesn't always mean better quality because there are practical limits to the manufacturing methods used. A steady stream of perfect parts comes with a mountain of rejects because only the 'good ones' get shipped. That means the cost of all that scrap needs to be rolled into the product cost as well.

Or you start 65 different import brands and some sell the better ones and other sell 'the same thing' for the bonehead who thinks buying from a different shady website means he somehow outsmarted the manufacturer and saved $100 - then wonders why his combo isn't as fast as the guy who didn't pinch every penny.

I find it interesting that so many people who whine about some core shift rarely send the parts back or pursue some customer service action. Most domestic companies are more than happy to help their customers, which is part of the cost. Some folks do send their stuff back, including some members here who were disappointed and actually picked up the phone like an adult and got some satisfaction on the issue. Try that with a compnay whose parts are made by the latest crop of disposable slaves.

Which always boils down to domestic vs import, which is what started the whole tangent. Nothing wrong with import, except from enemy nations who's governments own, run, and profit from their manufacturing (China).

Domestic will always cost more but doesn't always mean better quality because there are practical limits to the manufacturing methods used. A steady stream of perfect parts comes with a mountain of rejects because only the 'good ones' get shipped. That means the cost of all that scrap needs to be rolled into the product cost as well.

Or you start 65 different import brands and some sell the better ones and other sell 'the same thing' for the bonehead who thinks buying from a different shady website means he somehow outsmarted the manufacturer and saved $100 - then wonders why his combo isn't as fast as the guy who didn't pinch every penny.

I find it interesting that so many people who whine about some core shift rarely send the parts back or pursue some customer service action. Most domestic companies are more than happy to help their customers, which is part of the cost. Some folks do send their stuff back, including some members here who were disappointed and actually picked up the phone like an adult and got some satisfaction on the issue. Try that with a compnay whose parts are made by the latest crop of disposable slaves.
My issue isn't core shift, it's bad machining... and my point was that paying double for something made domestically doesn't automatically equate to better quality.

I didn’t say that. I’m saying that American businesses are tied down with ridiculous taxes and regulations. That’s why the costs are higher. Take those away an the US can outproduce any other nation on the planet and do it better.

It’s a government problem

I didn’t say that. I’m saying that American businesses are tied down with ridiculous taxes and regulations. That’s why the costs are higher. Take those away an the US can outproduce any other nation on the planet and do it better.

It’s a government problem
Fair Enough... didn't mean to be bitchy, in a stupid amount of pain today and it's getting to me.

-
Back