Pro Touring 10K

-
Eric (WhiteTrash) did his that way. I'm not sure if I will go that way or not. It would add about 1" of additional room.
I'm thinking of doing a mini tub on mine. Do you guys cut the lip of the frame to?
Jim

Always the Jokester.

just my way of fluffin' you boys!....gotta help keep the sunshine flowin' so you stay motivated to the finish.

normally....I'm hand out a participation trophy, but your waaaaay overqualified

Eric (WhiteTrash) did his that way. I'm not sure if I will go that way or not. It would add about 1" of additional room.

If your gonna do it, you might as well go all the way.

Since you filled your gas door you could do a tank like this. This one is going to Riddler

I really needed to find this thread, guess I better get my butt back to the shop....

Great job PRRC look forward to seeing the rest of the project.

Hey Eric, I really like the idea of the tank being recessed. I will shoot you a PM with some questions I have.

A little time to work on the Dart tonight. Finished trimming the trunk floor and frame rail pinch weld back flush with the rear rail. A quick mock up of the inner housing shows about 14 1/2 inches of wheel well. I need to true up the cut to the inner wheel house so I can make a filler panel that is nice and straight. I will make a pattern of the outter wheel house lip and cut my strip for the filler panel give a 90 degree brake and then stretch the new filler panel to the same contour of the outter so it will have the same lip plug welded to the outter.
Heres the mock up from tonight after finished trimming.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,304
  • 003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 004.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 005.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,300
  • 006.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,318
Thanks stay tuned more crazy ideas will be incorporated into the build. I will be so glad to get past this stange. The car just looks terrible the way it sits. Some paint some bare metal just cruddy looking.
I really needed to find this thread, guess I better get my butt back to the shop....

Great job PRRC look forward to seeing the rest of the project.

when you cut the spare well out...where do you keep/put your spare.....what if your cruisin'...and you get a flat?

Thanks stay tuned more crazy ideas will be incorporated into the build. I will be so glad to get past this stange. The car just looks terrible the way it sits. Some paint some bare metal just cruddy looking.

I know the feeling, only mine looks like a husk. I'll feel a lot better when the front end is back on and it starts looking like a car again. Right now it just feels daunting.

when you cut the spare well out...where do you keep/put your spare.....what if your cruisin'...and you get a flat?
use a cobra Mustang aluminum space saver spare tire is what white trash and Tincup did

Left inner wheel house done tonight. Rewelded rear frame rail to trunk pan. Metal finished and plug welded inner wheel house to frame rail. Will be making filler panel tomorrow. Still need to make trunk lid brace to inner wheel house support also. Moving right along. More tomorrow

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,260
  • 003.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,290
  • 002.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,256
A little more progress tonight. Made the pattern for the left wheel well. Cut and formed new filler panel. Still needs a little more tweeking to get to fit perfect. But not bad for a first test fit. Once in place and I'm happy with the contour I will scribe the two halfs and bead roll a small step in the panel to met up with the inner wheel house then plug weld the flange to both the inner and the outter.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • 028.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,188
  • 029.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 030.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 031.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,208
Doing mini tubs suck, but are so worth it once you are done. BTW it was nice talking to you today.

I'm curious to see the tool used to stretch the flange.
Makes for a nice job.

Nice talking with you to John.
Doing mini tubs suck, but are so worth it once you are done. BTW it was nice talking to you today.

Nothing special just your run of the mill shrinker/strecher.
I'm curious to see the tool used to stretch the flange.
Makes for a nice job.

Attachments

• shrinker-stretcher-mss18-large.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,147
-
Back