Progress on my 340 Hood Scoops!

-
Yes its the twin scoops for the Duster, and I know they where mostly if not alwaysa Twister thing.

I just thought it was strange all the hoods shown above had a semi circle cut from the factory into the bracing and mine doesn't.

The question is then for Duster guys who have put these scoops on where did you locate the 4 1/8" hole?

Would like to have some measurements on where to place the 4 inch holes. I am doing a Duster and don't have the cutout in the supports. If possible use the front set of scoop holes as a reference would be great. Thanks.

IMG_0507.jpg
I take it I could install these on my 69 dart ?

you can install twin scoops on just about anything. hell there used to be a 69 camaro running around here with a set on it.lol. in my opinion the 67-69 darts look horrible with twin scoops on it though. they look really out of place in my opinion.

I would not put scoops on a 1968/69 Dart since I think it would look very odd. That car is meant to have a power bulge hood. It's like putting scoops on a 1973 and over Dart. It just doesn't fit IMO.

I take it I could install these on my 69 dart ?

I was considering the same thing because I wanted something different than either the Hemi-scoop or the six-pack scoop but still period correct. Changed my mind after AdamR sent me the following pic of a '67 Dart with them installed - just doesn't look 'right' IMO.

vbpgimage (Small).jpg

OK,
Ya got your Scoops on now.......
Ya just sucked a bird into them.... UGH!
Even worse... The bird made it INTO the hole and detonated all over your engine bay!
Amazing how far a little birdy will spread around in there.

Been there, done that. So I made these little Screens to prevent a repeat:
2006-10-20 72 Dart Swinger-01 (1).jpg

After I cut them out to fit corectly I coated them with Black Plasti-Dip.
The top sticks up behind the Bezel to brace them in place.
They mount with the factory Bezel Screws with a small Washer so can be easily removed for cleaning.

Hope this helps!

Later,
Bruce B.

2006-10-20 72 Dart Swinger-01 (1).jpg

hmmm never heard of a bird being sucked in there, seems like it would be an awful mess, nice work on the screens, what did you use for them?

I bought some bulk screen offa ebay that was listed as Grill Inserts for Ram and Dakota/Durango's.
I actually sucked in 3 birds over a few years. The last one was the one that somehow made it through the hole!
That was enough of that for me!

Later,
Bruce B.

I hit an owl one time in my Dart. Hit up high on the wind sheeld and I could here it tumbling back on the roof. Good thing it missed the scoops.

Go to super bee hood scoops on ebay ,hood scoops with bezels $200 the prices are droppin

I don't think so. Not enough room for it....but you could have someone make you a custom one to fit.

my scoops....

Attachments

• end of season 011.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 625
  • 023.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 597
  • 028.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 613
  • 100_3964.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 623
  • 100_3953.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 625
I was going to leave the hood all yellow but my buddy thought it would
look better this way, I'm glad I listened to him........

Wilson

Attachments

• end of season 010.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 649
This is some great info!

I just got a set of nice used scoops to put on my '71 Swinger. They're black, but the car is Butterscotch with a white vinyl top. I'm leaning toward painting the scoops Butterscotch, as well.... I set them on there and the black scoops look kinda funky with the white vinyl top.

Great information Hartman-52! Thanks for posting that. I most likely will be purchasing a set of your seals very soon.

Now, can anyone answer my question about the fasteners from my earlier post? I hate to spend $60 for the scoop hardware kit. Those of you that have the scoops, what do you use? Thanks.

The hardware was a little rough on the used set I bought. I'm gonna get some stainless screws with the same thread, cut the heads off of them, clean up the threads and use stainless nylon lock nuts - that way I won't have to worry about them getting rusty.

Two scoops for me also! Yours look great.

Attachments

• DSC00010 (Custom).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC00023 (Custom).JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 593
-
Back