Project Bareacuda

-
Thanks. If i could,i would paint most of engine body colour too.block heads and intake. But i like the engine colors from that era.especially hemi orange.

Turns out i have more room than i thought, moving a few more things into storage building,engine is on a pallet will make it up onto a stand.

Finally got to pulling the 3speed manual off the engine,guess it dry siezed. It was sitting out of the weather in a shed for only 10 months,im sure a little shot of lube and it will roll over.
So whomever put that engine into the 59 regent pulled the balancer.
I may be better off finding another 318 with balancer and correct brackets and pulleys.

DAD34F6A-5B8D-419C-A011-42079D10E8F6.jpeg
A couple awol parts showed up.

I'm so glad that you are not keeping the black under the hood. I absolutely hate that.

Me too. Mopar engine compartments must be body color. The PO of my '69 Dart not only did the underhood area black, but he sprayed it with the rubberized stuff you dip tool handles in.
This looks like a great project.

Found an intake,and a carb fell outta the sky...318 came in from storage.
4F21509D-1716-457D-AB7D-3094291E5E06.jpeg
Going with hemi orange and satin black accents....

The engine i thought was siezed,wasnt even.
7D3395D8-51BE-46EF-8790-FCFB0613438B.jpeg
Thought i had a picture of entire motor,not much to look at.
Will start pulling it apart in a week or so.

Me too. Mopar engine compartments must be body color. The PO of my '69 Dart not only did the underhood area black, but he sprayed it with the rubberized stuff you dip tool handles in.
This looks like a great project.
I know a young man that has a 10 second small block , 68 barracuda, street car . Pretty nice car, runs great, and his engine bay is black, doesn`t bother him or me !

Intake cleaned and a coat of paint. Decided today to pull engine down to the bones and get a good look. Will order a gasket set monday.
0BA2DA10-3E8A-4A64-91B5-C43FF719DDD2.jpeg
made my colour choice. Orange/black.

Well, its almost time to tear it down.
D63D9098-0679-4DBD-8F8C-55C48404AB22.jpeg
Buddy just wants to rip it apart, first i want to clean it some.make a spot to set parts to keep them organized.

Well, its almost time to tear it down. View attachment 1715117585Buddy just wants to rip it apart, first i want to clean it some.make a spot to set parts to keep them organized.

that's the newer aluminum water pump and timing chain cover... If you are going to run a stock 65 radiator, you need to change it over to the early style timing chain cover and cast iron water pump so the hoses will go to the radiator properly... And the timing marks will be on the other side...

No rad, so i can go with one to match aluminum pump.

Valve covers landed today,purchased from another FABO member. Neighbour bringing me a set of a-body headers,budget build is becoming more realistic....
4426D31E-5A9D-4BF3-A087-9BAB9BB08642.jpeg

Dumb question,69 340 intake,edelbrock 1406 carb. Do i need an adaptor plate? Seems everything moves as it should without contacting manifold bores. Should i run an insulator between carb and manifold ?

Dumb question,69 340 intake,edelbrock 1406 carb. Do i need an adaptor plate? Seems everything moves as it should without contacting manifold bores. Should i run an insulator between carb and manifold ?
Is it a square bore intake. I cant tell because you have the holes taped in the pic.

4 holes,2 large two small,matches the bottom of carb.

A few more pieces.
CC79A993-BBF2-43E4-9A55-275D57BF88C1.jpeg
The two pipes to the mufflers are outside in the snow. Good deal.

4 holes,2 large two small,matches the bottom of carb.

You should be fine then without a spacer.

Look closely at the bottom of the carburetor and how it aligns with the intake. I have seen issues in the past where aftermarket 4 bbl carbs vacuum passages are not sealed by the factory 4 barrel intakes. This is easily solved by using a thin steel plate spacer with a gasket on both sides. I usually run a 1/2" plastic spacer if hood clearance is not an issue in these cases.

Pretty complete and not in bad shape for a vintage 1 to 1 scale model kit without an instructions sheet lol.

Whatcha going to use for an air cleaner?

I was selling these for awhile. Steel low restriction baseplates that work w the newer carb diameter, and a vintage commando lid. Uses a commando filter.

Heres a pic of my setup. I used a slant six lid i painted black, and a spectre filter with one of my baseplates.

downloadfile-5 (2).jpg

downloadfile-79.jpg

A friend gave me a nice chrome air cleaner.not sure how it will fit,that will wait until engine is in.
Never thought of it as a scale model. But that hits the nail on the head. Every nut and bolt is me. 100%.maybe 95%.

Still plugging away, had a snag with it having a poly crank.
Straigtened it out with a donor crank,and rods.
Modified my engine stand,can move engine into another location without a hassle.
AB509D2E-F913-417E-BF1A-EB0DA87C564A.jpeg
F9C510B4-08F6-445D-B412-8E336427C499.jpeg

Cleaned up alternator,tested diodes and windings, should be good to go.
Transmission is next. Using a 904/slip yoke. Traded my 8-3/4 847 centre for the proper driveshaft.

Trans gone through, ready for a few more miles.
827DA62C-476C-448E-8813-B173047724AB.jpeg

-
Back