Project- Bills Buggy

-
my bad lol.. thought you were asking size... the ones in the pics are the 245-60's that I had to replace.. I dont have any pics yet with the new skins.. as for brand, I believe the are Futura.. I go them at Pep-Boys.. they were the only ones around me that had that size.. I wanted 245-60's again, but they are listed as 'special order' tires.. I dont make special order money LOL .. my eventual plan is to by small bolt 15" rallyees from Summit and do away with the 14" wheels altogether.. Once I do that, I am probably gonna go to 255-60-15's out back and maybe 205 or 215-60's up front (though I have been told to go with more of a 215-70 or 75-15 up front... at any rate, im a little ways off from that..

WEE WHOOOOO great to see that pic of the grand-so,n way to go papa. I don't want to be a bummer , but just letting you know (which you may already know) but you might regret buying air-shocks for the buggy, I have them and even with the least amount of air in them it's a bouncy a$$ ride, kinda like tigger in winee the poo, just a heads up I know why your doing it, cause I can't afford springs right now but just a heads up. Can't wait to see the new skins and video of a burn-out.
Brad

my bad lol.. thought you were asking size... the ones in the pics are the 245-60's that I had to replace.. I dont have any pics yet with the new skins.. as for brand, I believe the are Futura.. I go them at Pep-Boys.. they were the only ones around me that had that size.. I wanted 245-60's again, but they are listed as 'special order' tires.. I dont make special order money LOL .. my eventual plan is to by small bolt 15" rallyees from Summit and do away with the 14" wheels altogether.. Once I do that, I am probably gonna go to 255-60-15's out back and maybe 205 or 215-60's up front (though I have been told to go with more of a 215-70 or 75-15 up front... at any rate, im a little ways off from that..

Cool, thanks for the info. If I didn't already have my SBP 14" setup, I think what you're saying is the way to go. I never even thought about the possibility of getting new SBP 15" wheels. (Don't want to change mine over to LBP). Hmmm.

Didn't think they made SBP 15" wheels thought they were only 14". WOW Man just lernt suppon new, that I will forget in 5min LOL hmmm interesting.
Brad

Didn't think they made SBP 15" wheels thought they were only 14". WOW Man just lernt suppon new, that I will forget in 5min LOL hmmm interesting.
Brad

Well to the best of my knowledge, ma mopar never made a 15" small bolt rallyee wheel.. However, wheel vintiques (the aftermarket company that makes the re-popped Mopar rallyees) makes a small bolt, 15" rallyee wheel.. They of course still make them in 14" as well.. Go to Summit and you can find them..They're roughly $100 per wheel.. I am definitley going to go that route eventually .. Just for now I have to build up my finances some.. Two straight years of spending money on the buggy, I need to spend a little money on other things around the house for a while (ya know, keep the wife happy LOL) ... Its just getting harder and harder to find tires that I want in 14"...

WEE WHOOOOO great to see that pic of the grand-so,n way to go papa. I don't want to be a bummer , but just letting you know (which you may already know) but you might regret buying air-shocks for the buggy, I have them and even with the least amount of air in them it's a bouncy a$$ ride, kinda like tigger in winee the poo, just a heads up I know why your doing it, cause I can't afford springs right now but just a heads up. Can't wait to see the new skins and video of a burn-out.
Brad

Yea, lol.. I have already been briefed on the 'basketball' ride the buggy might wind up with, when using air shocks.. honestly my springs arent bad.. the car doesnt sag.. its just it sits level.. Me, i want some rake.. Not a ton, just a little.. now a set of new heavy duty super stock springs would probably hike the buggy's skirt up a stitch, but for now, as you pointed out, this is a more budget friendly approach... in the future when I do the switch to 15" wheels, I intend to get super stock springs.. the new springs, combined with 255-60's out back should give me all the rake I need without needing air shocks to get it... I'll get there eventually LOL

Cool deal sounds great, and thanks for the info on the wheels. For got all about the after-market da on my part must a been a brain fart LOL
Brad

my duster has skinny 14" sbp rallys up front and wide 15" sbp rallys out back with a nice deep dish on them. my rears are 275/60/15 bfg drag radials, cant recall off hand what my fronts are. heres a old pic of my rears. I like them!
DSCI1119.jpg

Id still consider swapping them out for a set of cragers in the same sizes as what i have now jsut because I am partial to that style of wheel. but I like the rallys to.

Looks bitchen Jerrod... We have determined that 255-60-15's is as big as the Dart will allow (before its time for spring relocation and whatnot) lol. And I was gonna stick with 14's up front, but the more I think about it, I'm kinda set on 15's all the way around.

On another note, I got the buggy back. It's amazing what a change in stance and good carb tuning will do for ones mood after a crappy day at work lmao!! Should have some new pics by Sunday.

Those are sweet a$$ wheels and tire's Jerrod wish I could fit them in the back of mine. Can't wait to see the Buggy and the new rake she's got.

yup on my duster the springs had to be moved in 3" on both sides in order to get the clearance.

but they for sure make for a sweet look and give more tire to hook out back.

I personally love the look of the 14" front and 15" out back....but I think your buggy would probably look best with a matched set all around.

I know the feeling of little things doing alot for mood. yesterday My new carb arrived and it made me a feel a bit better lol. not to mention summit hooked me up with 2 free tickets to the US131 drag way ,so that was a plus lol.

glad things are coming together for you on the buggy! she sure is a beaut!

yup on my duster the springs had to be moved in 3" on both sides in order to get the clearance.

but they for sure make for a sweet look and give more tire to hook out back.

I personally love the look of the 14" front and 15" out back....but I think your buggy would probably look best with a matched set all around.

I know the feeling of little things doing alot for mood. yesterday My new carb arrived and it made me a feel a bit better lol. not to mention summit hooked me up with 2 free tickets to the US131 drag way ,so that was a plus lol.

glad things are coming together for you on the buggy! she sure is a beaut!

Free tickets are ALWAYS good LOL .. and I am usually a big fan of the 14" up front and 15"s in the rear.. but as you said, I think the buggy will look better with a matched set.. However, I have been thinking when I get to that point, that instead of a 215-60 (or 215-70-15) that I may actualy go with more like a 205-70-15... Hmmmm who knows LOL .. I suppose I'll figure that out when I get to that point.. lol

Glad to hear your new carb showed up.. what exactly did you wind up getting?

Picked up a summit racing 750 .....oh man .....it woke the duster up!!!! such a huge difference in it. it ran good with the 600 but I knew it wasnt at its full potential so I decided to up the carb and I am glad I did. Ill pm you later probably and give you the run down on everything. And I was going to chat with you a little bit about where im at on the duster and some other odds and ends.

Ok,... got my new back tires on, and got the air shocks to help the stance a little.. I actually had a good bit of rake, but the ride was terrible LOL .. so I let her back down.. but I left her with just a enough rake to be noticable, and make her look a little meaner... this will do until I get 15" wheels, 255-60-15's and new super stock springs next year... enjoy

Attachments

• new rake.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 415
  • new rake2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 418
Looks Great as always!!! cool lookin ride buddy ENJOY!!! :)

Thanks.. I had a blast with the Dart this weekend,.. Took it to a friends wedding.. He had all of us with hot rods bring them.. we all had special parking at the reception.. it was like our own little car show. lol.. I will post pics soon.. still no burn out video.. just havent had the chance to get one in yet, but I am working on it

Wow, just read your thread from beginning to end, you have done a fantastic job and your car looks awesome! Love the B5 Blue myself!

Ok,... got my new back tires on, and got the air shocks to help the stance a little.. I actually had a good bit of rake, but the ride was terrible LOL .. so I let her back down.. but I left her with just a enough rake to be noticable, and make her look a little meaner... this will do until I get 15" wheels, 255-60-15's and new super stock springs next year... enjoy

You've done a great job on the car. I really like the way you have done it too. Enjoy it and I'm looking forward for the next step.

Holy crap, Bill; what a transformation from what you started with at the beginning.
Love the color , too, but as you can tell from my Money Pit, I'm biased that way.
Beautiful job on your Dart, Sir.

Holy crap, Bill; what a transformation from what you started with at the beginning.
Love the color , too, but as you can tell from my Money Pit, I'm biased that way.
Beautiful job on your Dart, Sir.

Thanks John... I appreciate the kind words.. and I figured you would like the color combo LOL .. Im still trying to get a burnout video done, since I have had some requests LOL .. (like any of us really needs an excuse to do a burnout).. so stay tuned

Just read this buildup from the beginning, and it was motivating. Makes me want to bump up my 69 Dart GT vert resto up in line.....

-
Back