Project Mayhem 70-73 Dart

-
The locker is more annoying than I remember. People are going to think the rear is falling apart. Lol. The converter is decent and fairly cheap. Just google them. Some guys on here really like boss hog and others don't. It's just like anything else I guess.

You wont hear it so much when the interior is in. Shouldnt hear it much going straight either,as the ratcheting occurs on corners.

Well I'm almost done with my gauge cluster. I was going to order a redline gauge insert, but $100 is kind of steep for a piece of plastic, so I made my own from a piece of scrap stainless sheet metal. I think it turned out pretty good. The gauges are fairly cheap, but I'm on a budget. My indicator lights are on the way then I can wire up everything.

gauges.jpg

Looks great! Way better than a $100 piece of plastic crap.

Just giving you guys an update on progress. I have went ahead a rebuilt my 4160 carb because of a small stumbling issue. I am glad that I did because it was pretty cruddy inside. Installed new jets reset the floats and now there is not off idle stumble at all. Wahoo :cheers:.

All of the gauges are installed, new speedo gear and speedo cable. All of the exterior lights are now working.

I planned on buying a new aluminum radiator, but my stocker does not leak at all, so I am keeping it for the time being. I have installed and 2800 cfm electric fan made by Proform with built in shroud and adjustable themostat. To install it I had to get about 1" of clearance betweem my water pump pulley and radiator so I cut up my factory radiator housing and welded it back together. Turned out great. Man this Proform fan moves some air and is nice because I can adjust the themostat with a turn of a knob.

I will post a few pics over the next few days while I install the fatmat and do the interior. I want to get it done asap so I can get it tagged next week.

Loving the progress! Well, actually I'm jealous at how quick you get things done, but anyway----.

Take alot of pics of the interior work please as that'll be a new thing for me.

Oh, and what's the rush to get it tagged? I know your weather, and it's still COLD! 14 degrees as I type.

Loving the progress! Well, actually I'm jealous at how quick you get things done, but anyway----.

Take alot of pics of the interior work please as that'll be a new thing for me.

Oh, and what's the rush to get it tagged? I know your weather, and it's still COLD! 14 degrees as I type.

Thanks and I will post pics on the interior. Today I am installing the Fatmat sound deadener. I have one side done and I can already tell a difference just by shutting the door.

Yeah it's still cold here, but on the clear days I would like to drive it to work and spring is just around the corner.

Love the '71 stuff on there......did I mention I love it. The previous owner went to U.H.A (Universal Hillbilly Automotive)...Ive seen motor mounts WELDED to the K frame...Glad you are saving that 1

Well the dart is finally street legal in a way.:cheers: It is tagged even though I don't have seats or interior. A buddy of mine inspected it for me so I can go ahead and get it registered. I have also ordered custom plates. They will say "BADDART". What do you think? It is also getting the windshield installed today, so I can drive it around this weekend once I get the passenger and rear back seat and seat belts in it. :toothy10: I am so excited.

Hey John, Thanks for stopping by the other day. The car looks and sounds great. Plus, good news. I had someone ask if I knew whos mean looking yellow and black dart was running around. lol

Hey John, Thanks for stopping by the other day. The car looks and sounds great. Plus, good news. I had someone ask if I knew whos mean looking yellow and black dart was running around. lol

That's cool. It's nice to be able to finally enjoy it a little. I have almost all of the interior installed now, but I need to finish up the body work so I can get some paint on it. Any word on the Charger that you were looking at?

Well the interior is finally in. I just need to find a decent dash pad or just go with one of those caps. I also need to get rid of that steering wheel. As you can tell I recovered the seats myself. I know that it is an odd color combo with the white seat covers, but I like it and they don't fry the back of your legs in the summer. Sorry about the dirty carpet, but at least it's new. It was taken at night so the pics are grainy. What do you think?

Interior.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

I think those are some damn fine looking door panels :toothy10:

Looks great, did you ever figure out if the problem was ignition (stock box) or carb?

Thanks JR I coudn't have done it without you. As far as the ignition and carb goes, I am still waiting on my order for summit. Today I will check my entire fuel system for problems.

Looks great! Especially like the white on black effect. Gonna take care of the wrinkly buckets soon right?

Looks great! Especially like the white on black effect. Gonna take care of the wrinkly buckets soon right?

I recovered them myself. The drivers seat has been in longer and the wrinkles are slowly coming out. I am thinking about using a hair dryer to help get them out. What do you think?

I recovered them myself. The drivers seat has been in longer and the wrinkles are slowly coming out. I am thinking about using a hair dryer to help get them out. What do you think?

Heat gun or hair dryer will help. Best method is to just simply put the seats out on a nice sunny day,let them get warm and work the wrinkles away,lol..

-
Back