Rat Style Muscle Cars

-
I don't know if this is considered a "Rat style muscle car", but she is ratty, and I drive the nuts off of it whenever I can. 350 miles on it since June. I just did a re-shoot of the paint, not any "Hot Rod" paint, just plain old Rustoleum flat black. Original 1955 Dodge Coronet -270 cid Poly head V-8, 2bbl, with 2spd PowerFlite trans, duals through Hush Thrush mufflers. I think it was sort of a muscle car in it's day.

my55 003.jpg

my55 001.jpg

My 72 Cuda, winter beater( i loved it), and mine, and my cousins old B bodies. The white Bee is mine. These were strictly "neighborhood cars". My N-50's left marks all over Mt Nemo.

72 Cuda (Small).jpg

Bills B mikes Sat.... (Small).jpg

Well not exactly a muscle car or ratty, but she is my DD and i had fun with putting all this dumb stuff on it. I get laughed at but i dont care its just a joke thing. I've got some wheelie bars made up that i got to chrome that are going on it, and the exhaust broke off under where i sit so its loud as hell. Plus probably 100% of the people who laugh at me think thats my only car not knowing the 440 dart is on the way that will blow the doors off their car so i just laugh back :)
100_03211.jpg

100_03201.jpg

100_03231.jpg

100_03221.jpg

100_03241.jpg

Please tell me you used double stick tape to affix the scoop to the hood:toothy10:

Well not exactly a muscle car or ratty, but she is my DD and i had fun with putting all this dumb stuff on it. I get laughed at but i dont care its just a joke thing. I've got some wheelie bars made up that i got to chrome that are going on it, and the exhaust broke off under where i sit so its loud as hell. Plus probably 100% of the people who laugh at me think thats my only car not knowing the 440 dart is on the way that will blow the doors off their car so i just laugh back :)
100_03211.jpg

100_03201.jpg

100_03231.jpg

100_03221.jpg

100_03241.jpg

Looks fast

100_03211.jpg

Dude where in MA do you live I SWEAR I have laughed at you before... :toothy10:

Ya shes a beauty, runs about a 1:02.64 in the 1/4. The scoop is just bolted down by 4 little holes i drilled.
Madmikeee i live in west springfield.

Kudos to you for scrambling out your license plate number. Somebody might run that through the DMV and find your address. Next thing you know that baby's gone!!

exactly, thats a 1 of 1 car. Sad thing today, one of my break lines blew out and i hit the kid in front of me, i was only probably going about 8mph but luckly i know him. Somehow my windshield ended up getting a little crack in it and the bumpers a little hurt in the right corner.

Here is mine. I am SO tired of hearing about how cool the paint is. I a slaes manager of a body shop "patina" is a bad work...LOL

DSCN1313.jpg

DSCN1377.jpg

I thought my barracuda looked pretty sinister before the paint/body work.

If I had the drivetrain in it, I probaly would have terrorized the streets with it as is for a while.

34N04-7-1120-1.jpg

I watched "Dazed and confused" last night(for about the tenth time), and there is a great rat Mopar on it. A nice primered Duster complete with hood scoop. Just like we all used to drive.

I like that.

I always wanted a truck that I could go 4x4 in and not worry about scratching it or dents. I have always owned a nice shiny truck. My friend had a big bronco with a homemade bumper that looked like it belonged in the military or something. It wasn't good on gas but I wanted that thing. This kind of reminds of when I had my Charger back years ago when I was seventeen. I didn't really care about nothing but going fast down gravel roads, dirt roads, fields etc.. it was fun! Geesh now I'm scared to walk by my cuda with a tool in my hand cause I might scratch it! LOL!

DSC01102.jpg

hey all my first post and great site . pic of my aussie rat ute .

100_0373.jpg

I love the look of rats but never understood having mis-matched wheels front and back.

that used to really piss me off. on my 67 i bought a set of cragar super tricks that i got burnt on the dink measured them backwards and only one side fits over the drums. i couldnt find the right size i nedded for the rear so i went with used draglights and didnt bother buying new front rims. so now ive got the ugly mismatched rims. oh well. if the car is ever nice, it might bother me.

Look at most of the drag cars through the years. Unless you were big budget, you usually ran mismatched wheels.Strong steelies on the rear, lighter mags up front. Personally, I like the look on certain cars. Even funnies, and rails ran mismatched. I really liked the old chrome reverse, or slotted mags on the back, with Cragars up front.

100_03231.jpg

100_03221.jpg
In my own sick mind, it's missing an ironing board fastened to the decklid with U-bolts to act as a craptastic spoiler. The ricer crowd has known of the importance of keeping the rear tires planted at speeds in excess of 45 MPH on a front-driver for years. ;-)

I guess this fits the description of my two Plymouths.
Here's my Duster:
junkyarddemon.jpg

dustdevilansens.jpg

I'll have to get pics of my Satellite tommorow.

Here is mine. I am SO tired of hearing about how cool the paint is. I a slaes manager of a body shop "patina" is a bad work...LOL

Nice patina, :-D

If I'm not vigilant, both my cars become REAL ratrods. Here's my idea of a neat ratrod:

848307-R1-06-8A_007.jpg

-
Back