Repost from dot org

-
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLYIUsHXWE"]1961 Dodge Lancer slant 6 vs 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - YouTube[/ame]

I just got to thinking.....11.86 for a stock production car is pretty awesome in its own right for the Hellcat.....

If its the same driver as the losing green Hellcat vs.Tesla driving again, you are set! Good luck.

Need to go back and check him out ! He didn't know what he was doing when he first got the car, as you are talking about ! He was embarrassed to say the least, so he went and got schooled on how to drive his car. Same two vehicles had a rematch, NO COMPETITION !!! So this /6 and he will be interesting to say the least !!! I'M ROOTING FOR MY GOOD OLE /6 OF COURSE !!!

Need to go back and check him out ! He didn't know what he was doing when he first got the car, as you are talking about ! He was embarrassed to say the least, so he went and got schooled on how to drive his car. Same two vehicles had a rematch, NO COMPETITION !!! So this /6 and he will be interesting to say the least !!! I'M ROOTING FOR MY GOOD OLE /6 OF COURSE !!!

Well, I don't know what his thinking is, but if he ever decides to put a hairdryer on that slant six, LOOKOUT!!! Mid nines at the worst... THEN we'll have apples vs. apples... LOL!

How's your car running Mr Bill ?

Not very good! Dennis, I FINALLY got it to the strip for the first-time EVER, last Saturday, and managed to lose the capability of backing up! No reverse and no "PARK" for no reason at all.... Still a mystery....

I had decided to limit the boost, for this first-time at the strip, to ten pounds, so I did. With that small amount of boost, I knew it wouldn't be very fast, especially, since I had a helper riding with me (to watch the A/F ratio gauge,) and the connector to the carb hat from my cold-side delivery-pipe (connects tothe carb hat) was not tightened down enough and got blown off by the pressure, losing valuable boost, on the one decent run I got in. It ran a quarter-mile corrected 13.71... not very fast, but OK for the circumstances.

Now, I have to try and discern the reason why it won't go into Park or Reverse.

If it's not one thing, it's another...:banghead:

But, thanks for asking...:glasses7:

Attachments

• 100_4003.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 227
so after this little straight line race are they going to do a road course that has turns? the hell cat is an all around car not just a one trick pony.

Oh brother. Now you are just being stupid.

didn`t read all this post. wonder what the out come would be , if the hell cat just had gearing and slicks like the older car? which one would you rather drive to okc and back ?
nuff said!! :coffee2:

All partied involved, agreed, if the hellcat had tires, and the driver had a little practice, it would be a horse race.

horse race is a good thing.

the price of the Hellcat,?? D. Trump will help me out!? I will take two!?? LOL

I feel the Hellcat is an amazing car no doubt... and so is the Toad!!

But damn you guys, the Hellcat is a bone stock factory car! Give it due credit what Mopar has created! I have one, I have pics posted, And it is FAST! AND street driven! MT

horse race is a good thing.

the price of the Hellcat,?? D. Trump will help me out!? I will take two!?? LOL

I feel the Hellcat is an amazing car no doubt... and so is the Toad!!

you can get out the door under 60 grand.

Now there is talk about a AWD Hellcat Cuda. A DODGE Cuda!

didn`t read all this post. wonder what the out come would be , if the hell cat just had gearing and slicks like the older car? which one would you rather drive to okc and back ?
nuff said!! :coffee2:

I'd rather have the extra $45,000.00 to spemd... and, the faster car.

I'd rather have the extra $45,000.00 to spemd... and, the faster car.

define faster.. faster in a straight line only for a 1/4 mile? faster from 100+ to 0 mph? or faster in the real world and able to take turns fast. you can keep that boring *** straight line, wait two hours, another straight line ....etc..etc hell give me the slightly slower one (if its really slower all things equal) that i can get in and cruise cross country with..

define faster.. faster in a straight line only for a 1/4 mile? faster from 100+ to 0 mph? or faster in the real world and able to take turns fast. you can keep that boring *** straight line, wait two hours, another straight line ....etc..etc hell give me the slightly slower one (if its really slower all things equal) that i can get in and cruise cross country with..

Faster in as, the slant six car won the only race they had... not too hard to figure out.

Cool. You can have that boring *** straight line machine. I'll take the one that's better all around vehicle. :)

119 mph valiant, 125 hell cat! Another 10 feet and the hellcat is GONE! Against a full race prepped race car! the hellcat is the faster car! AND I almost guarantee the Slanty has over 60 grand into it!

-
Back