Repost from dot org

-
119 mph valiant, 125 hell cat! Another 10 feet and the hellcat is GONE! Against a full race prepped race car! the hellcat is the faster car! AND I almost guarantee the Slanty has over 60 grand into it!

probably not far off.. holy crap..

must be that slant six motor!

the tranny is an air shifted Lenco,,
alcohol, injected motor, 100% drag car chassis
I ran against it at Clay City in the slant six races,
that car is a rocket on wheels, consistent to

Anybody can write a check. The bragging rights come from making your own rod. It is obvious that, in the near future, factory electric cars will win most drag races. Hard to match computer traction control AWD. Just watch a modern linear-motor roller coaster take off at an amusement park. Only cure is to write them out of the rule book. I am a fan of the 1980's Mopar turbo-van stomping the Z28 on youtube. The slant is a similar underdog. Grocery run in the morning, smack-down at the track that afternoon.

Anybody can write a check. The bragging rights come from making your own rod. It is obvious that, in the near future, factory electric cars will win most drag races. Hard to match computer traction control AWD. Just watch a modern linear-motor roller coaster take off at an amusement park. Only cure is to write them out of the rule book. I am a fan of the 1980's Mopar turbo-van stomping the Z28 on youtube. The slant is a similar underdog. Grocery run in the morning, smack-down at the track that afternoon.

nobodys getting groceries in THAT car! FULL RACE CAR! Racing a FACTORY stock STREET CAR that did 125 MPH in the standing quarter mile! Im behind the HELLCAT. Most all cars made today wont go 125 let alone in the quarter! No way for us to know how much was spent building that KICK *** slant six RACE CAR!. MT

119 mph valiant, 125 hell cat! Another 10 feet and the hellcat is GONE! Against a full race prepped race car! the hellcat is the faster car! AND I almost guarantee the Slanty has over 60 grand into it!

That Hellcat driver is just lucky he wasn't racing THIS slanyt six, a more fair race since they are both using forced induction.

127 mph slant; pulling away from the Hellcat at the finish...
Chew on that...:violent1:

Last edited by a moderator:

That Hellcat driver is just lucky he wasn't racing THIS slant six, a more fair race since they are both using forced induction.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Hellcat driver is just lucky he wasn't racing THIS slanyt six, a more fair race since they are both using forced induction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QzUfV8iTpQ

So this forced induction post a 127 MPH run, and the HellCat 125 MPH run, NO WAY THAT SLANTY TOPS OUT OVER 200 MPH like the HellCat!. Pulling away my ***!. :wack:LOL MT

So this forced induction post a 127 MPH run, and the HellCat 125 MPH run, NO WAY THAT SLANTY TOPS OUT OVER 200 MPH like the HellCat!. Pulling away my ***!. :wack:LOL MT

Do you realize that a trap speed of 127 is greater than 125?

That's pulling away at 2mph... a good walk... FACT!

I would not like to be in a 1962 Lancer at 200+ mph...

Would YOU? LOL!

while the slanty is impressive its a full out race car. the hell cat is right off the show room floor. kinda comparing apples to oranges. i think the hell cat runs damn good for non-full out drag car (and i'm no fan of new challengers). like i said that straight line crap is only one aspect. now lets line them up on a road course, a skid pad, see what one stops faster, which one gets better mpg and which one will make a 3000 mile trip and comfortably.. and see what one wins. :) that slant is a one trick pony.

Im not trying to put down the awesome power that is being put down by a NA six cylinder, just tying to point out that the Hell Cat is bone stock, has spare tire in the trunk, no weight reduction and still is that fast. 3400 lbs I think. I need to check. Hell cat has a six speed auto, in the quarter just going into 4th, then it really starts to roll! A fully smogged legal in all states Factory car. got to love it. MT

Faster in as, the slant six car won the only race they had... not too hard to figure out.

Yep. I was there. What they won't tell is the Hellcat won, in all reality. The rules were 'Best 2 out of 3', Team Green broke before they got to the second race even. Therefore, by forfeit, the Hellcat really won...

Oh, and lets fall back to another video that's been seen a hundred times of a turbo slant that really has no significance other than you feel that it's a bragging point that it ran 2mph faster. Still isn't very streetable (I don't think it's street driven, and I'm sure I've read Ryan say the spool would be unbearable on the street) doesn't get 20mpg, have A/C and heated leather seats, can't take a corner, not real reliable, so on and so forth.

Is Ryan's car impressive? Sure. So is a 12 sec N/A slant (or 10 for that matter) but it's still only good for 1/4 mile drags. The Hellcat is still the better all around car. A 1/4 mile number don't make a car. Oh, and the more I see the same video of Ryan's car, the less impressive it is.

And I don't see how comparing a extremely high boost lighter weight drag only car to a low boost 100% street car is more fair? I guess I just don't have the proper close minded vision...

Yep. I was there. What they won't tell is the Hellcat won, in all reality. The rules were 'Best 2 out of 3', Team Green broke before they got to the second race even. Therefore, by forfeit, the Hellcat really won...

Oh, and lets fall back to another video that's been seen a hundred times of a turbo slant that really has no significance other than you feel that it's a bragging point that it ran 2mph faster. Still isn't very streetable (I don't think it's street driven, and I'm sure I've read Ryan say the spool would be unbearable on the street) doesn't get 20mpg, have A/C and heated leather seats, can't take a corner, not real reliable, so on and so forth.

Is Ryan's car impressive? Sure. So is a 12 sec N/A slant (or 10 for that matter) but it's still only good for 1/4 mile drags. The Hellcat is still the better all around car. A 1/4 mile number don't make a car. Oh, and the more I see the same video of Ryan's car, the less impressive it is.

And I don't see how comparing a extremely high boost lighter weight drag only car to a low boost 100% street car is more fair? I guess I just don't have the proper close minded vision...

Nobody was trying to compare the two cars, except; it was a MATCH RACE... and The only pertinent outcome was the race winner, which in the one race they actually had, was the slant car by a margin so wide that it was very unlikely that the other car would ever be able to make it up... Yes, you can spend beaucoup money and have everything in a car, but to take a cast irom 50 year old economy six with NO power adder, and beat a 2015 supercharged muscle car us practically science fiction.

It is, to me, anyway...

What do you think of this:

To Mopar Ma...

In 1944, back near the end of WW II, the Grumman corporation, builder of the Hellcat fighter plane, developed a new aircraft. The Bearcat. It was about 30-percent lighter than a Hellcat, and slightly smaller, but had the same engine. A radial 3,000+hp motor that had a favorable history.

The Bearcat was designed to fix what was wrong with the Hellcat; a climb rate that was too slow.

This new Bearcat used the hot rodding methodology to solve the problem; an engine swap into a lighter chassis, effectively.

It worked (of course) ; the new Bearcat’s climb rate, set records that were unbroken for ten years! Finally, a jet-engined airplane broke them...

I use an online calculator program (Wallace online Calculators,) that has several capabilities, among them, figuring out quarter-mile e.t.’s from vehicle weights and horsepower available. It seems to be pretty accurate, so far.

It says that a 707 horsepower Challenger Hellcat that lost 30-percent of its 4,300-pound weight would run a 9.44 @ 143 mph.... Scary...

I realize that that’s not likely to happen, but losing 25-percent, which would be just over 1,000 pounds, a time of 9.66 @ 140 should be possible @ 3,300 pounds, about the weight of a 1970 Challenger.

Ma doesn’t seem to be in much of a hurry to put twin turbos on a Viper; this may be her only chance for total musclecar domination... LOL!

How about it, Ma????? :)

Attachments

• 100_3613.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 227
A 1/4 mile number don't make a car. Oh, and the more I see the same video of Ryan's car, the less impressive it is.
Oh, but it does, especially when there's a match race involved, Granted, the Hellcat won on a technicality, but the moral victor was the slant car, for running eight-tenths quicker, in the only race they actually had.

I'd like to know what the reasons are that you feel are a valid assessent of Ryan's car that seem to diminish with additional viewings. His car is still just as fast, has a smooth, stock-like idle, a 2.76:1 final drive, a quiet exhaust, and seems to me, to be in every way, a driver-friendly motor. I don't know what difficulty might be encountered in driving it on the street.

A 10.74 at 127mph is a fast street car in anybody's book, and riding herd on 500 hp would seem to be the only diffiiculty, in the real world.

I've never driven a car that was that fast; have you?

"And I don't see how comparing a extremely high boost lighter weight drag only car to a low boost 100% street car is more fair? I guess I just don't have the proper close minded vision..."

How about the fact that one was a new engine with new technology, the other was a 50-year-old relic with economy-car roots, and was only 62% the size of the other?

The '66 Valiant of Ryan's weighs 2,800; 65% of the 4,300-pound Hellcat... heavier per cube...

Is that not impressive, in view of the fact that is goes both quicker and faster?

Just askin'...

How about the fact that one was a new engine with new technology, the other was a 50-year-old relic with economy-car roots, and was only 62% the size of the other?

The '66 Valiant of Ryan's weighs 2,800; 65% of the 4,300-pound Hellcat... heavier per cube...

Is that not impressive, in view of the fact that is goes both quicker and faster?

Just askin'...

The Bearcat can fix all that... LOL!

Probably never happen,, but, I can dream, can't I????:happy1:

Bill, congrats on the 13 second pass. Impressive for the first time. Hope you get the transmission fixed before the Centerville race.
The Hellcat is a fantastic car.
The Lancer also can turn right and left at the end of the shutdown area but not as fast as the Hellcat.
$60,000 really. This Lancer was homebuilt as a hobby by three guys. I will take a 50% loss on that $60,000 if you want to buy it.

Really, It's obvious the slant isn't built for that.

exactly my point. its a one trick pony. this thread is trying to compare a purpose built straight line car to a production street car. i have to be a little more impressed with the stock assembly line car hanging with a purpose built drag car myself. i'd gladly sacrifice that 2 mph for all the other stuff that the hellcat offers (and i don't even like the fiat). hell with a little more seat time or a quick tune and or a couple of bolt on's that hell cat may gain more then that two mph..

like i said that slant runs its *** off but i'm more impressed with a car that can do it all. hell i was at the track last night and there was a rotary running in the 9's. 4 cyl cars in the 10's and 11's with no where the chassis work that that slant car has.

damn.. looks like a 4x4 in this pic...lol

ccrp-1201-05%2b1972-plymouth-duster-slant-sick%2brear-view.jpg

Bill, congrats on the 13 second pass. Impressive for the first time. Hope you get the transmission fixed before the Centerville race.
The Hellcat is a fantastic car.
The Lancer also can turn right and left at the end of the shutdown area but not as fast as the Hellcat.
$60,000 really. This Lancer was homebuilt as a hobby by three guys. I will take a 50% loss on that $60,000 if you want to buy it.

I am working toward geting the transmission fixed as soon as possible. I have several friends who make their living bulding automatic transmissions for drag cars, and none of them have a clue about what is wrong to make it act like it does; NO park pawl engagement in Park, no neutral; wants to drive the car forward in any selector position, and of course, won't back up. no matter what position the selector is in. The transmission is coming out next week and will be taken by me, to Searcy to the guy who buiilt it, for disassembly, analysis and repair,

This wasn't supposed to happen... 904's are usually dead-reliable, in my experience. I have one in my '72 Valiant which is behind a 500hp Vortech-supercharged 360 Magnum, that has been in there for 10 years of hard street driving (A mid 11- second car,) and shifts as well as it did the day I installed it.

GRRRR.....

Attachments

• valleave3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 202
The transmission is coming out next week and will be taken by me, to Searcy to the guy who buiilt it, for disassembly, analysis and repair,

This wasn't supposed to happen... 904's are usually dead-reliable

GRRRR.....

This one's just dead...

I took it to the guy who built it and he had in about 20 pieces in just a few minutes. It smelled strongly of burnt organic material. The front clutch pack was welded, due to heat and friction; steels and discs in a frozen stack an inch tall.. The 2nd gear band was burnt...

In short, it was destroyed... with no apparent reason.in evidence,:banghead:

He's going to raise the main line pressure when it goes back together this time... in hopes of preventing a recurrence. I'll have a pressure gauge screwed into the main line external pressure port, and mounted on the dash.

SO di$$apointing.... 904s are not supposed to do that... There was no evidece that would explain why it would not engage the "PARK" pawl.... :???:

MAYBE have it back in the first part of next week. Gota get this done; HOT weather is coming...:pale:

-
Back