reviving my dads old 65 dart drag car!

-
Neat car / project ..don't stop now !

And, that Dart pictured above with the wheelie bars is sweet ..

its been a while since i have made an update. just finished painting the car last night. now its time for color sanding buffing and assembly

I really like this build! I hope to see you in Vegas....will be coming from Eureka, just up the coast from you.
Andrew/Kidd

color sanding and buffing all done, engine attached to trans and k member ready to stuff it in

Love this! How is the project coming?

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean when you say 'color sanding'?

I've got a '66 Dart GT almost ready for paint job and I'm thinking maybe I can actually do it myself. Haven't sprayed anything in years but I guess I can start inside the trunk. =D

Love this! How is the project coming?

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean when you say 'color sanding'?

I've got a '66 Dart GT almost ready for paint job and I'm thinking maybe I can actually do it myself. Haven't sprayed anything in years but I guess I can start inside the trunk. =D

Wet sanding and buffing the paint.

never made it mats, got stuck having to work a bunch of overtime on a job. car is almost together, just need to finish up interior assembly take it to the exhaust shop.

ill be posting some more pictures sunday

the headers are the tti step headers

Looks good Cody I'm anxious to see her run. You going to Hagen this weekend?

i was at the show but the car wasnt done, it should be done this week, just have to install the trans lines mount the shifter and install the seats

Sweet get that SOB done so we can run em! I'm dialed in just gotta get some ET streets because I go nowhere on the Phucking pizza cutters that I have now. Pretty much useless 1st and second gear up to 65mph. Pm me if you need any help but it looks like you got it covered. Gotta get back on my vert soon just been to damn busy with everything else.

Came out pretty good. The tinter went a little over zealous on the sides but it looks sinister

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 147
Hey Cody! Just saw this thread for the first time and love the build.
Sorry you couldn't make it MATS this year, but are you going to try for 2016?
We (Inland Mopars Car Club from SoCal) work the show each year and I'd love to see your dad's beautiful Dart at the 2016 event!

Came out pretty good. The tinter went a little over zealous on the sides but it looks sinister

looks good tinted, ive been trying to convince my dad to tint his dart but hes not into it.

Hey Cody! Just saw this thread for the first time and love the build.
Sorry you couldn't make it MATS this year, but are you going to try for 2016?
We (Inland Mopars Car Club from SoCal) work the show each year and I'd love to see your dad's beautiful Dart at the 2016 event!

well definitely be there next year, were going to do the true street challenge. the car should have about 200hp more with the help of some compressed air :finga:

-
Back