RHS headed 410 sb UPDATE!

-
Not bad..but i'll bet you have a lot more time porting wise in those heads then it'll take to run those numbers with very mildly ported edelbrocks..

Those heads are RHS just like we sell, no porting what so ever! When the article hits the stands you will see exactly what's in this engine.
I didn't even port the intake manifold! LOL!

Very cool on the NO porting aspect! Will you build my next engine? Is there a waiting list...LOL

Dang Brian that car gets down!!!!

Sounded like you got it to 3rd gear. What was the RPM at the trap with the 4.56's?

Brian

What kind of 60' times with that motor and how do they compare to the 360 you had in the car?

It went a best of 1.42 with the 360 foot braking and this 410 went 1.43 after only 3 runs!
The 360 on the brake and 2 step has gone 1.37 60'...

Dang Brian that car gets down!!!!

Sounded like you got it to 3rd gear. What was the RPM at the trap with the 4.56's?

I think it was going through at 6100 or so. Yes 3rd gear. My car is geared to go through the traps in a 1/4 around 7000+rpm.

Those heads are RHS just like we sell, no porting what so ever! When the article hits the stands you will see exactly what's in this engine.
I didn't even port the intake manifold! LOL!

So you took those heads out of the box put them untouched on your motor and ran those numbers??..

clap.gif

Nicely done Wylde.
roflblack-1.gif

You'd spend 400-600 porting a set of Ede's to get the flow rates of the RHS heads. Plus, fixing the screwed up valve job they usually come with. Let not forget the better spring and ferrea valves OU812 installs, you'd be in 2500+ on a fresh set of ede's to match these RHS heads.

Got news for ya' Edelbrocks come with the good valves also,and i am nowhere near that amount with my edelbrocks they are out of the box very mild clean up...

clap.gif

Nicely done Wylde.
roflblack-1.gif

You'd spend 400-600 porting a set of Ede's to get the flow rates of the RHS heads. Plus, fixing the screwed up valve job they usually come with. Let not forget the better spring and ferrea valves OU812 installs, you'd be in 2500+ on a fresh set of ede's to match these RHS heads.

I passed this tidbit about these heads months ago to some people on another board and was basically told I was an *** because they "look like any other iron head". I hope these people are enjoying their untouched out of the box eddy heads...I really hope so!:toothy6:

I was planning on using Shady Dell prepped Edelbrocks on my stroker build, but things may have just changed!! Nice numbers Brian.

Brian,
What would be the next step as things go? Car Craft, Hot Rod, etc. are known to take things a step further for more articles.

Would you port these heads next? Then try ootb aluminum heads and finally ported aluminum heads? More cam? I'm curious to see where this could go. Possibilities seem endless. :burnout:And I'm liking a low 10 second smallblock! :cheers: Could it still be "streetable"?

Wylde1.

hly crap brian that thing left like a bat outa hell! very nice! im wondering what a set of these heads would do on a stock stroke 340 with a similar sized cam and a 4.10-4.30 gear....what tire are you running on it?

Stroked340,

Just come to the realization that these heads KICK AZZZZZ and get over it. I have 2 sets of Brians Heads, 1 Ported and the other just like he sells them for $1295...........The absolute BIGGEST bang for the buck. No comparison in my opinion! You WILL spend alot more for same results using Eddy's no getting around that!

To me.. eddelbroke heads are an aluminum replacement head with a lil better exhaust floor shape, nothing more.

nothing race about them, and definitely not worth the $1400+ they get.

I have personally seen eddy heads that needed push rod hole realignment and a valve job.
they will run seemingly fine with the currant VJ they have, but won't realize the potential flow from say...'a good valve job'
iron makes power over aluminum given the same comp ratio, small but a difference none the less.. its the heat in the chamber.

I've 'like some others' been saying this for years about eddy's and no one would listen, till now. ha ha...I'd rather have RHS's or j heads than eddy heads.

jmo eddys should not cost more that 900 a set for what they are.

Got news for ya' Edelbrocks come with the good valves also,and i am nowhere near that amount with my edelbrocks they are out of the box very mild clean up...

Ede's before ANY work cost more than Brians set up ready to go... PERIOD! The only thing done to these heads in the port is the throat cut is blended into the bowl. Brian told me it takes about 5 minutes to do that... THAT'S IT for any "work" in the runners/bowls. No pinch opening, guide slimming, short turn work... NOTHING!

Ede's don't come with a better valve than what Brian uses and certainly not a better spring.

Mild clean up and what do they move? If I had to guess who did them, I'm sure they were flowed on a 4.25" fixture as well and maybe weren't done at 28", but at a lower number and a conversion factor used?

Quit polluting an otherwise decent thread with your incorrect statements.

These heads are fricken amazing! I REALLY want a set for my 318!!! Brian, are you gonna be at spring fling??? LOL!!

These heads are fricken amazing! I REALLY want a set for my 318!!! Brian, are you gonna be at spring fling??? LOL!!

He may not be going, but, I live local and will be headed that way. I could bring a set with me if you wanted to pick them up. No charge for that on my end... LOL

I spend on the RPMs on a regular basis. And I've seen the real as cast RHS ports and was very impressed. I think the RHS is a better overall execution, but they are still, and will always be limited by the choke point of the pushrod area. Brian has also said this. I think in terms of dollars to results if you were going to run out of the box edelbrocks, the RHSs would be a decent choice with the LA rocker setup and intake. Using cost only as a requirement. But they are still heavy. The RPMs will flat out outperform the RHSs when cash is being spent to improve a head's performance. The real shame is Edelbrock's labor. However I believe if RHS was to sell a complete assembled heads they would have the same issues as Indy, Edelbrock, 440Source, TFS, etc. Brian's valve job is MUCH better than an assembly line, slammed together assembly. I said in another post, you cannot compare the OOTB RHS to anything other than casting quality. Because any testing is after the improved quality valve job which is a deficiency in an assembly. Typically by having the heads corrected they gain somewhere between 4-10cfm and yet they remain "OOTB ports". Brian gets great numbers as a result of his valve job and the larger valve. With these heads, and Brian's package, there is a new dog in the fight for a street head war and it has the potential to do quite well in the 340-416cid, 300-500hp market. But saying it's the RPM beater all accross the board... I can't agree there. With non-offset rockers, a little chamber work, and no epoxy the rpms cam get 290-300cfm. With the Indybrocks and offset arm you can add a bit more than that. I dont see RHSs able to get that capacity In any way, shape, or form, and the guys that are paying for that level of performance are also worrying about weight on the nose.

-
Back