RHS headed 410 sb UPDATE!

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know I ran my car with that 410 we built for CarCraft mag.
My car is 3350 with me in it, ladder bars, slicks, 3" exhaust with spintech's, 4.56 gear, 904 trans with 3500 hughes 10" converter.
Engine made 485 HP and 517TQ on our dyno.

I took the car to Irwindale Drag strip and ran it. Right off the trailer it went 7.00 at 95.6 MPH which is 11.00 1/4!
I removed the air cleaner and used my airpan but it didn't seem to help any.
Next run it went 6.98 at 95.4 MPH. 1.45 60ft. and wheels in the air a bit!!
Last run I leaned on it hard on the starting line launching at 3300rpm and getting a 1.43 60ft. it ran 6.94 at 96mph which means it's a solid 10 second engine.
And my car is not lite!!
Brian

Man you shut them up real good.
Excellent job Brian.

Love the thread on moparts hahaha.

I had a blast going to the track. It was a fun time.

Guys dog those Hughes converters quite a bit. This one seemed to work pretty good with the combo.

Glad to hear you hit 10,s,I,m hoping mine does.=P~:cheers:

P.S What balancer and pullies are you running on the 410?

was that 485 to the rear tire if so what is that equal at the crank nice times anyways i hope mine does that

Nice Brian, Did you ever post your combo to that motor on another thread. If I remember that was not that radical of a cam, was it?

Nice Brian, Did you ever post your combo to that motor on another thread. If I remember that was not that radical of a cam, was it?

It's a 295HL Comp hyd. flat tappet cam.
10.2:1, our RHS heads OOTB, unported rpm air gap intake, 750dp holley, 1" open spacer, TTI 1 5/8 step headers, our Scat 4" kit, milodon pan and tube, no windage tray.
And we ran a mech. water pump and tested at 160° water and oil temp.
All on 91 pump I got from the local Mobil station. Timing was best at 34° total.
Also used Hughes 1.55 rockers because they were out of the 1.6 ratio.

comp 295HL 251/257 @ 050. what is the lift? and centerline that you use. advance cam?

I think that is pretty cool to run 91 octane and blast a 10.90 pass. How is the driving manners with this combo on the street?

comp 295HL 251/257 @ 050. what is the lift? and centerline that you use. advance cam?

I think that is pretty cool to run 91 octane and blast a 10.90 pass. How is the driving manners with this combo on the street?

Lift was about .580 with 1.55 rockers and the cam is in 5° advanced.
Street driving is actually pretty good. It has some good rumpity rump and a nice deep tone that sets off car alarms ;- )

So with a 4spd shifting like Ronnie Sox should be Solid in the 11's?

Smack it with a 200 shot and damnnnnn! They would throw you off the track....

So with a 4spd shifting like Ronnie Sox should be Solid in the 11's?

Smack it with a 200 shot and damnnnnn! They would throw you off the track....

No.......they would throw YOU off the track!! LOL!! I ain't got no 4 speed and never will.
Oh, and Ronnie Sox????? You sure about that???? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No.......they would throw YOU off the track!! LOL!! I ain't got no 4 speed and never will.
Oh, and Ronnie Sox????? You sure about that???? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I do ok for a warn out half breed! Haaaaaa

The 69 Dart GT will have an automatic. Not quite done yet though it will be awhile.

wow thats very respectable combo brian! does a good job showing what the RHS heads are capable of!

were they LA based? or magnum? Im trying to figure out if I need magnum or LA head gaskets for the RHS magnum based on a LA block

-
Back