Ritter 59 degree iron block

-
Pretty much, how fast you want to go depends on how much your willing to put out. I'm hopeing my block and probably will handle the 1500hp from my twin turbo build I'm doing with it.

Nope cnc port edelbrock magnum, and the super victor intake, the headers done up for the set up was based off the rhs heads, but I want the aluminum heads.

Mancini are short deck blocks ... speacial intakes ? rare timing chain covers required ?... are they not the block earliermember input in this blog has ?

I dunno, i just got an email from them about a tax season special. So i figured id let yall know.

if those were 48 degree blocks they would have been gone long ago.

In chatting with a couple of people who have lived the "Ritter experience" I'd be a bit leary of anything that came out of his mouth. For a "real world" quote for machine work I'd be calling either QMP in Chatsworth CA, or Allen Sherman in Pasadena TX. I'm sure there are others that have done them, but those are two that come to mind as of recent.

if those were 48 degree blocks they would have been gone long ago.

In chatting with a couple of people who have lived the "Ritter experience" I'd be a bit leary of anything that came out of his mouth. For a "real world" quote for machine work I'd be calling either QMP in Chatsworth CA, or Allen Sherman in Pasadena TX. I'm sure there are others that have done them, but those are two that come to mind as of recent.
I'll post some pics of our block tomorrow...I still have to bore the block, mock up and deck and then go over the oil galleys...but the line hone is done, cam tunnel, and roller cam bearings are all finished as is the lifter bore bushings. QMP said everything is where is should be so I'm good with that.

Some pics.....
DSC03655.JPG
DSC03656.JPG
DSC03657.JPG
DSC03658.JPG

Like my engine machinist sez... 'iron is iron'.... any good machinist can get these done right. My guy has done thousands of engines over 40+ years. Nothing new to him...

Between 2000 -2800 is the going price from what i have been told to get Ritter to assembly ready state .... so you are looking at roughly 5-6 thousand including the block...

You can go buy any block... Ford Racing, Dart, Motown, Indy etc. and you will need to spend the same $$$ if you are building a solid foundation for a race motor or a good street car. Everything needs to be built to what your specific application is.... just like building a house.

In the dirt track world a new wide bore, short stroke deal from a reputable shop will set you back $30K and up... a fresh, used motor with 2000 - 3000 laps will be around $12-15K. From what I can see the Ritter isn't any more expensive than the Brand X blocks...

Not to hash old arguments .... i already know that.... just trying to point out that i finally have a price from builders....this is for the inquiring minds ...

Not to hash old arguments .... i already know that.... just trying to point out that i finally have a price from builders....this is for the inquiring minds ...

Didn't mean to be a smart ***... this has been a good thread. Thanks to all who contributed.

hemi runner..... can you elaborate on the Hydraulic roller build and streetable ... on pump gas...
- rocker setup and price?
- camshaft
- headers
- what vehicle did it go in
- carb size
- street manners .

THANKs

Pretty much, how fast you want to go depends on how much your willing to put out. I'm hopeing my block and probably will handle the 1500hp from my twin turbo build I'm doing with it.

W8 head would be your friend in this application. :)

Wish I could but the braces that were designed to help hold the turbos need the accessory bolt holes found on the magnum heads or iron rhs, also would have to covert my already set up fuel injection on the super victor intake manifold all over to a w8 intake as well.

Last edited:
just thinking of all the extra head bolts you could utilize and the ultra thick deck....

-
Back