Ritter 59 degree iron block

-
Will do on the pictures as soon I unload it and will post up what it costs me for everything, so far for just the block and shipping $3270.95 but that's also for a lift gate truck to deliver it but I ended up picking it up myself due to my phone not telling me I had voice mails, stupied thing

HOT DAMN. KEEP US POSTED. WE NEED THIS STUFF TO KEEP GOING. IF THEY CAN MAKE SOME MONEY THEY WILL KEEP MAKING IT.

GLAD YOU TOOK THE CHANCE.

Here it is, all out of its wrapping, going to go over a few things first then off to the machine shop.

20170304_150734.jpg

20170304_150743.jpg

20170304_150839.jpg

Yep, need to do some measuring from a list I got to see if the updates were done, some have been like the rear main cap for the oil pump.

Forgot a picture of the deck and the front China wall where the feed for sensors are now on these instead of in the back next to the distributor like factory

20170305_102602.jpg

20170305_102555.jpg

Hope the new casting are better then the old ones 3k worth of machine work to make one work and others are boat anchors

Well from what some have found they are, but still a very few need fixing, I'll be taking mine soon to a machine shop here in Cali that is currently working on one and has already done one that's up and running. So we shall see, but alot of updates have been made to the casts.

Forgot a picture of the deck and the front China wall where the feed for sensors are now on these instead of in the back next to the distributor like factory

The 1/2 npt hole is a return for a remote oil filter.

Hope everything works out for you what heads are you using on the ritter block

I'll be running some cnc ported edelbrock magnum heads, due to these needing to have oil through push rods and can not be made to oil through the block.

Straight from hughes website about the ritter block. Not sure how it can be used as a return if it gets pressure for sensors. I don't see how it could be a return, did you use it as a return??

Photo1A.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be taking mine soon to a machine shop here in Cali that is currently working on one and has already done one that's up and running.

sounds like you've done your homework..... that's a good thing.

Yep it pays to be on multiple forums, been talking with whitedart here and moparts, alone with 69lawndart who both have these blocks one with a cast like mine and the other the aluminum. These block are in the up and up I think, need to do a few things here at home then off to the shop for more testing before machine work.

That's a beautiful casting...

I have spoken with Kent about a new block... not in my price range right now but maybe in the future?

Matts440 .. how much was the machine shop bill to get it to building stage? Thanks

Not sure yet, waiting to hear about it, had to have them send out my rear main cap to be remachined since it was cut as a 340 size instead of 360, guess there was a confusion since ordering mine with 340 mains but the website on hughes says all blocks take 360 oil pans, oh well only out shipping cost.

Will do, as soon as I know you all will know, but this shop is awesome, really know their stuff

Nope QMP they have already done two of these blocks, so they knew what to look for on mine.

Man, my first thought is that looks bad-***!!!!! but my second thought is what's the deal with the deck cooling passages...kinda strange

Well it's set up for w9 heads I believe, so just need to drill the holes for what ever heads you are running.

So you have to drill the deck for water passages? Didn't think of that....

-
Back