Ritter 59 degree iron block

-
Wow! Gotta love it!

So, stupid question time....
Is the iron block a up and running production? So that I could purchase one? Or is it a special order?
Or none of the above... Yet.

You call Kent and place the order with him and place a deposit, then he gets it cast, and orders the billet steel caps to be made, then he sendsaid it out for machine work, just need to tell him which of the two deck heights you want and bore size, 3.990 or 4.150 I believe, and lifter angle.

Personally i would wait until i knew that minimal machine work would be needed to complete short block ..

Ummmm yeeeeeaaa, not gonna happen just yet until more knowledge can be found on it. The amount of work needed is a big thing.

Well with the machining he does you will just need the final bore size you want, and I'm just going to have everything checked out. Hopefully with the current updates he done it should be alot better over the older versions.

Oh, Ok cool. I only read up on the first blocks. So I am assuming by your description there basically a finished and done block that needs .... Nothing

Message me Kents number please

I'd be on the fence on this one too... I've heard of a couple guys that flat out will not give Kent a dime due to the fiasco that involved his first few blocks. Some guys got stuck with their blocks (unusable) and are out there money. Trumble Racing engines only mentioned that there was a "fair amount of machine work" not going into details. Of course, that is there business, and if they found a way to make this work I can understand them wanting it to be proprietary info... Guess a way to get some idea of what it would take to get a block "usable" would be to call them and present them with a "what if I showed up at your doorstep with a Ritter block and wanted it in a ready state for me to assemble?" question. Brian at IMM has a block on order. He'll be another that will learn the "ins and outs" of this deal.

All I know one of the moparts forum members gave Kent his feed back on what he found with his aluminum blocl and Kent told him he was going to make the changes. Even when I talked to Kent without mentioning the other feedback he told me he's made some changes to the castings

Haven't heard from him, have sent two emails spaced out. Not sure, hopefully soon I'll get word from him.

Well called him, but he was busy and was going to call me back but my stupied phone doesn't show my number anymore when I call someone. But he reached out to me via email and the blocks are basically done and just finalizing the measurement and he said will ship them out very soon. Can't wait to get it

Well called him, but he was busy and was going to call me back but my stupied phone doesn't show my number anymore when I call someone. But he reached out to me via email and the blocks are basically done and just finalizing the measurement and he said will ship them out very soon. Can't wait to get it

That's good news.

Yep hopefully I'll have it at my house soon to start the final machine work (bore size) and start working on ordering the rotating assembly

I would like to wait on Brians thoughts at IMM.... i know that he was involved as of late with RITTER ....2900 + how much machine work ? boring , honing , decking ??? more? I also am VERY INTERESTED .... i would rather stay with small block...

Both of ours will ship out together if he's the other one around me that ordered one, just his is the aluminum block and Mines the cast iron.

Both of ours will ship out together if he's the other one around me that ordered one, just his is the aluminum block and Mines the cast iron.
I've had the iron block for a bit now...going over it with a cnc. It's not for the faint of heart! Be ready for final finishing of: cam tunnel, lifter bores, cylinder bores, decks, external oil lines to take advantage of priority main oiling, line hone mains, adding drain back holes possibly depending on the head you use. NOT a cheap block when finished that's for sure!! But if it will hold 1500HP or more then probably worth it for the guys that WILL make power.
Brian

I've had the iron block for a bit now...going over it with a cnc. It's not for the faint of heart! Be ready for final finishing of: cam tunnel, lifter bores, cylinder bores, decks, external oil lines to take advantage of priority main oiling, line hone mains, adding drain back holes possibly depending on the head you use. NOT a cheap block when finished that's for sure!! But if it will hold 1500HP or more then probably worth it for the guys that WILL make power.
Brian

So Ritter has made an actual RACE block.

That will go over like a fart in church with the MoPar crowd.

Davescuda > $2900.... DONE from RITTER ... Honing.. boring ... decking ... oil mods etc... ready to assemble ....
SO why is Brian doing more to it at an extra charge ? Brian ?

Davescuda > $2900.... DONE from RITTER ... Honing.. boring ... decking ... oil mods etc... ready to assemble ....
SO why is Brian doing more to it at an extra charge ? Brian ?
Not for sure why. But he has bought a lot of parts from Ritter in the past. He still has to do some work to the block. As you can see in the picture that's how he picked the block up.

Brian

Is your block before or after all the adjustments he made to the casting molds?

Brian

I've heard that with their aluminum blocks. Local builder here did an aluminum ritter block in the summer, thing made 780 before any tuning, just a monster. But he said the amount of machining he had to do on the block was the same cost as the block itself. Just about everything had to be worked on and brought into spec.

But still, 800+ horse out of an aluminum small block? See ya later chev-rolater!

-
Back