Shed on the cheap.

-
All new materials too. Though there is a farm discount on the roof metal so that helps some.

If we can ever get the "small" time timber guy out here to cut a bunch of big pine and oak, I will get started on my shed. Prices are not great, and we are giving him the timber for free, but he is to clean up the tops, and grind the stumps.
I have built many horse barns, and car "sheds" over the years. Here in SE Tx, in the "piney" woods, you would think pine lumber would be cheap. Wrong! Tin is $90 a square, and it usally takes equal in lumber as roof metal for the shed, no walls figured in. So I figure roughly a 12 by 28 ft roof section costs me about $500. That is with this 71 year old fart doing all the work, except with the wife as to help!! Probably could do it a little cheap with steel, but I have no portable welder and don't want to rent one.
Of course, concrete is $100 a yd delivered, with me doing the work again! I will be happy to have a 12 x 20 pad!!

IMG_20190407_181433455_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190407_181439892.jpg
IMG_20190407_181458146.jpg
Okay update time. We built filler walls between the shed and the garage to give the shed a connected look. The one will be hinged so I can store my ladders there. The Tyvex is up and we are ready for siding next week. Here's a few cell phone pics sorry none from the drone, the batteries weren't charged.

View attachment 1715316426

No one will ever know that it was made out of pallets??????? Except us.

Well it certainly has been a while since I have have posted to this thread. We have finished the siding on all four sides and have installed the soffit and fascia. We just put up the gutter today (in the rain and the gutter definitely works). Here is a few pictures and I will post pictures of the gutter installed tomorrow.
IMG_20191025_121326130_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191025_121310749_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191025_121326130_HDR-2000x1500.jpg

IMG_20191025_121310749_HDR-2000x1500.jpg

Last edited:
i betcha your neighbours were pleasantly surprised at how this is turning out
I can only imagine what they thought when you started out setting old skids on edge

What is the total cost at this time?

Is the drone still flyable?

The Landscaping looks nice also.

Last edited:
that little space between the house and the garage, that's open on the back side is perfect for hiding christmass presents, or car parts that didn't meet the wifes budget approval or a dirtbike when running from the cops or or or...

that little space between the house and the garage, that's open on the back side is perfect for hiding christmass presents, or car parts that didn't meet the wifes budget approval or a dirtbike when running from the cops or or or...

Or a good place for the (dead) nosy neighbors!!:rofl:

i betcha your neighbours were pleasantly surprised at how this is turning out
I can only imagine what they thought when you started out setting old skids on edge
Lol, yeah I'll bet they were panicking. On the other side of the coin, my one neighbor wants to build one.

What is the total cost at this time?

Is the drone still flyable?

The Landscaping looks nice also.
Well the total cost is around $3500.00, not bad for a 12 x 24 shed. The doors are going to be covered with a heavy-duty vinyl that is typically used for airliner interiors. My buddies company supplies this for the airline industry. I will have more photos later this weekend

Funny you should say that, my buddy Larry's trunk floor for his barracudas back there right now. We are planning on making a hinged wall there that will open up and conceal everything once closed

-
Back