shots from the garage...

-
The Strange shocks are hiem style at both ends. While there is a number on the sticker it crosses with nothing. Closest I’ve come up with is there S5204 which has 3.86 stroke and is 10.5” compressed with bump rubber/ 13.84 extended.
I’m still using Afco singles on the rear. I just had them freshened.... probably should have gone double there too, but being a ladder bar car, they’ll probably suffice.

5.79@117.... 1.31 60 (rear tires).... carried the front well into 3rd gear...
that was the only good news... Saturday it ripped the rear license plate off and unloaded the slicks. Came down hard and did damage. Headers, 1 ball joint, oil pan, pulled bolts out of #8 exhaust port. Think we’ll have a 5.6 car when we get stuff figured out. For now, pulling engine, will put car on frame rack. Pre entered for mopars&musclecars at the strip... not sure how that’s looking. Probably blow the dust of old reliable 10.9 mill and stuff it in just to make it.... we’ll see. 180 passes on the W8 mill. Might be a good time to take a look at it since it’s out.

5.79@117.... 1.31 60 (rear tires).... carried the front well into 3rd gear...
that was the only good news... Saturday it ripped the rear license plate off and unloaded the slicks. Came down hard and did damage. Headers, 1 ball joint, oil pan, pulled bolts out of #8 exhaust port. Think we’ll have a 5.6 car when we get stuff figured out. For now, pulling engine, will put car on frame rack. Pre entered for mopars&musclecars at the strip... not sure how that’s looking. Probably blow the dust of old reliable 10.9 mill and stuff it in just to make it.... we’ll see. 180 passes on the W8 mill. Might be a good time to take a look at it since it’s out.

We are both idiots. We took cars that were a threat to win any week and ruined them. But we sure made them FUN. Lol

That sums it up nicely John.... I’ll remember the quote “few remember when you win, but NOBODY forgets your wheelstand!”, as i’m bleeding cash to fix this thing. So much for running the small tire heads up deal at MaTS.

Hit the back of the oil pan which moved it enough for the flex plate to leave witness marks on it... also leaking most likely from the welds from what I can see. Took a mallet to it for “readjustment”.

Pulled threads at #8 exhaust port. Bolts had pretty shallow engagement and looking at the tube I have room for a stud, so that’s good.

Engine fore/aft limiter.... goes from K member (which took the brunt of the hit) to a threaded hole near the pan rail of the block. Bolts were bent... this has me reconsidering this. I can’t hurt this block!! 9.2 Siamese block sightings are right up there with Bigfoot!

Going to a friends place in Vegas to see how bent the car is Friday. Getting more bars added and wheelie bars.

Maybe I should have left well enough alone..... but what if there’s a 5.6 in there??? :)

Well my empty shell of a car is sitting on a frame rack in Vegas. Looks like both rails bent up .25 and the right in .375. Right lower ball joint toast. Wheelie bars and more chassis stuff in the works.

Iron head 360 pulled out of its resting place in the corner. Pretty sure we’re going that direction just to get us to MaTS since I have headers for it. I’ll have to scrape up more pesos to get the headers fixed for the W8 mill + figure out where the oil pan is leaking.

Consistent 10.50 land yacht!

DSC02153.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

300 on trailer.jpg

The car gets picked up Friday... so now I’m in a quandary about which engine to put back in. My plan years ago was to pull the W8 mill at 200 passes and tear it down for a look see and new springs. It has 184 on it now.... but it’s running sooo great and off seat spring psi is still at 125 across the board. I’d just have to set up an appt with my “header guy” and have those repaired and we’d be good to go....

The car gets picked up Friday... so now I’m in a quandary about which engine to put back in. My plan years ago was to pull the W8 mill at 200 passes and tear it down for a look see and new springs. It has 184 on it now.... but it’s running sooo great and off seat spring psi is still at 125 across the board. I’d just have to set up an appt with my “header guy” and have those repaired and we’d be good to go....
I vote freshen up... :)

Well the K member is out..... bent in a few ways. Going back to Comp Chassis to get bolted to the jig and reconfigured. 20 some days to a race I “pre-entered”..... hope they’re gracious enough to refund. At this point my spring racing season is not looking good. Perhaps I should just rip the wiring out and fix that too while I’m at it. Been busy at work.... really hard to come home and face this thing sometimes.
Car is straight, doors open/close nicely... have wheelie bars.

Well the K member is out..... bent in a few ways. Going back to Comp Chassis to get bolted to the jig and reconfigured. 20 some days to a race I “pre-entered”..... hope they’re gracious enough to refund. At this point my spring racing season is not looking good. Perhaps I should just rip the wiring out and fix that too while I’m at it. Been busy at work.... really hard to come home and face this thing sometimes.
Car is straight, doors open/close nicely... have wheelie bars.

I saw the pictures of your car at Irwindale. It looks like you almost got all 4 wheels off!!

Well the 2nd test hit it ripped the rear plate off the bumper, unloaded the slicks and down she came.... HARD! After the half track wheelie pass Friday night I should have put the thing in the trailer.... at least it went straight. Damn narrow track to be playing that game.

Sticks have been installed FB... as ugly as they are.

K member is in the scrap bin.... new one being made.

After a 4 year break, the iron head 360 (affectionately known as “Old Mill”) is back in the car. I’m putting Slo-kid (W8 mill) on the back burner for awhile. The headers were severely damaged and I don’t have time to get them fixed before Vegas in a week. Springs for new shocks shipped today (should have been here Monday), might have to put the beat up Strange shocks back on. Picked up my new k member yesterday and installed it... should be ready to fire by the weekend. Who knows!! Maybe I’ll be happy with a lo 11 ride!

Car is in trailer ready for the trek to Vegas.... lil 360 cranked for like 15-20 sec and had plenty of oil psi. Plug in the ignition and a quick check of the fuel system and it fired right up. Not bad for an engine that’s been sitting in the shed since 14. Been a long weekend... still have to pack for 4 days at the track. Lots of work to go play sometimes

Well we runner upped in pro class Sunday. I played hell trying to figure this thing out. Went .096, 091, 094 out of the box. Tried rolling in further and adjusted tbrake button and then went 016, 018 red. Finally first round Sunday we increased the launch rpms and the planets aligned. Went 001 to the good side and in the final 7 rounds later, red lit .007. It was my bad not being prepared. The race doesn’t always start at the line, and in this case it started at the burnout box. My opponent took his sweet time and we definitely launched with more heat than we’d seen all day. He later apologized saying something about a bad transbrake button, but I’m not sure I’m buying it.... pretty sure I got played. Either way, it was good to go rounds. Getting hot here in the west so we’re probably done until fall.

-
Back