shots from the garage...

-
You just select “leave conversation” for any conversations you do not need to save. That deletes the entire conversation and frees up space. Under the conversations tab (looks like an envelope).

Well i guess we’re heading for muscle cars at the strip in 10 days….. got the car running Saturday so I guess we’ll go hammer on it. Got a quote for a good 904 so I’ll be saving some pesos to get that project done.

Had an “ok” time at MaTS…. What we learned is whatever was plaguing the car after the Irwindale episode was still present with the car. I had entered a class to run on Friday and the car was absolutely unhappy up on the two step. Even my helper noted it sounded like it was pulling down, not crisp. Now mind you I run a pretty archaic race car msd 6AL, two step, dial launch rpm module. I completely tore the carb down after the Irwindale episode, but we looked at it again at the track. Late night session had me checking electrical connections, cap and rotor, etc…. One thing for some reason I have a gut feeling that might have been the “cause” to this, is I took the knob on the rpm selector module and twisted it back and forth several times. Got out sat am and all was well! That gave us two time slips to give us a guess at Sunday as we opened with R1. Sunday morning I was paired with a 9.57 car. We went with a 9.33 and I cut a .030 light, and ran a 9.336 to the other guys 9.51. That was awesome!
……but R2 I threw it away. I’m usually the faster car in class and I failed to note my competitors dial in and got on the brake way to early and mentally choked and took off way to early.

checking the schedules to see where we can go next…..

22E53786-49C9-403A-AFA0-21BF6224CD2F.jpeg

I have been wondering how your outing went. I am happy you found the problem and the car worked well after. Car is fast! MSD ignitions can be a pain in the butt and are very sensitive. At least it was something that was easily fixable.

Good to hear that the only thing it came home with was a red eye...
Still in one piece and that's a ++++
Mopar on !!!!

That Chuckwalla race ( No Holds Barred ) with Jerry Garrison, may not be to bad of a trip?

One 904 case and tail shaft. A&A servo and solid band ready to ship off to “basic training”. Haven’t had a serious upgrade in parts in a very long time!!

A6230BAD-28D7-4538-B550-D50B6BDA5883.jpeg

That Chuckwalla race ( No Holds Barred ) with Jerry Garrison, may not be to bad of a trip?

ill be watching those events and see what happens….. not a bad tow for me, but I’m not sure the crowd is ideal.

At least my Afco shocks have made our launches less “interesting“…….. of course we added to the pile of event photos we keep saying we have enough of.
Andrews Racing Transmissions got the nod for my “top shelf” 904 build. I’m excited to have some good parts behind my W8. I’ve chatted with quite a few 904 warriors that are amazed my stock shaft unit has held up

AFF5DFD6-E953-43AC-9176-0DDA8E5DAEE0.jpeg

E2AFC97E-C5F8-4CAF-8948-70769C61880F.jpeg

That is one sharp looking car and sure leaves nice. Happy to hear a top shelf 904 is in the works with Andrew Racing Transmission.

It photographs well but make no mistake. It’s a gutted out race car.

Hahaha dude that’s some serious 60’ times. Being that your current 904 is holding up, the one Andrew racing trans builds you should last quite some time and put your mind at ease.

Well when you have the worlds SLO-EST N/A W8 mill you get time where you can

Well, if such it the case, there’s only one way to go….

Up up and up!

heading to the golden state this weekend for probably the lowest payout at a race a guy could possibly find but we’ll have fun! ANRA season kicks off….. it’s a nostalgia association and has 4 events at Famoso throughout the year.

At least my Afco shocks have made our launches less “interesting“…….. of course we added to the pile of event photos we keep saying we have enough of.
Andrews Racing Transmissions got the nod for my “top shelf” 904 build. I’m excited to have some good parts behind my W8. I’ve chatted with quite a few 904 warriors that are amazed my stock shaft unit has held up

View attachment 1716074633

View attachment 1716074634
Your duster is looking menacing, damn that's badass

We survived the opening ANRA race at Famoso.… but not without issues. It seems our new 60ft time is 1.33-1.36 and frame by frame vids showed we are not spinning. Mph was still there so not a power issue. My first thought was perhaps converter, but I’m not ruling out the track itself. Racepak gave me fits last year so we quit using it….. who wishes they’d stayed on top of that now!! We bowed out 3rd round breaking out. We changed dial from a 9.30 to a 9.29 in the lanes. Should have left it alone!

Well studying the film on a larger device shows that we were getting less than a 1/4 spin which explains the crap reaction times etc…. Running 14.5 psi but still looked like we were wadding up the tire pretty good. Can‘t remember how many passes on them. Last Saturday we spent some time getting the Racepak straightened out. layed under the car wondering why the trans wasn’t leaking….. this thing has always leaked somewhere. Hope I put fluid back in it. the weather has been on our side so on the 19th we’re heading back to Famoso for a 2 day Summit Series event. That’ll most likely be the last event until more tolerable temps come into play….. like late September. :)

-
Back