shots from the garage...

-
Well we’ve dated twice and it hasn’t worked out. Not sure we’ll see each other again!

…..I’ll actually be looking at their schedule once it comes out. I’ve made it a quest to make some clean passes there.
I have to say it feels amazing to put that superstition to bed. Let us know and I will try to make it.

Racing season is basically here in the desert SW of course before the holidays I started to pull the lil 904 that could for a quick peek…. and got sick, and then went north for a week over Xmas and New Year. The only thing really needing any attention was the kickdown band. I know I didn’t babysit it enough and it was quite a ways out of adjustment once so that may be the reason for it being a little discolored. It appears where the adjuster pin rides it bent a bit even though it was “reinforced“. I’ll be putting a solid band back in it. Was going to anti up for a billet output shaft but Pro Trans is out right now. I’m really contemplating on having them do a complete build when they make some and have this trans as a spare.

C3CFF2DB-6985-45A6-87AF-2128049F1B45.jpeg

39B0A6E8-5E42-4033-8ED8-6F556EF9FD81.jpeg

F3D27B00-775D-4767-9392-A038967B2F9C.jpeg

1D98EF8E-10E1-4349-9CA3-4DA2916C129D.jpeg

Are you guys still racing? If so what combo are you running now and what ET. I always enjoyed following your racing.
Jay still races...I haven't raced my Duster since 2011...no engine in it right now, but I do have an Alterktion front end, and it's certified to 8.50...just needs a few things and money thrown at it.

Jay still races...I haven't raced my Duster since 2011...no engine in it right now, but I do have an Alterktion front end, and it's certified to 8.50...just needs a few things and money thrown at it.

Jay and I are Facebook friends so we follow each other. Man I can’t believe you have been sitting that long without racing. I would be dead, or in jail. Get that beauty back out. Post up a few reminder pictures.

John…. Brian is waiting for a weak moment then he’ll swoop in and get my W8 mill :)

Racing season is basically here in the desert SW of course before the holidays I started to pull the lil 904 that could for a quick peek…. and got sick, and then went north for a week over Xmas and New Year. The only thing really needing any attention was the kickdown band. I know I didn’t babysit it enough and it was quite a ways out of adjustment once so that may be the reason for it being a little discolored. It appears where the adjuster pin rides it bent a bit even though it was “reinforced“. I’ll be putting a solid band back in it. Was going to anti up for a billet output shaft but Pro Trans is out right now. I’m really contemplating on having them do a complete build when they make some and have this trans as a spare.

View attachment 1716036493

View attachment 1716036494

View attachment 1716036496

View attachment 1716036497
How much did you pick up going from the 727 to the 904?

How much did you pick up going from the 727 to the 904?
Weellll unfortunately that data was skewed as I also changed intakes. It was a 9.4-9.5 deal and now is running low 9’s. Grabbed a 9.09 back in sept in 1000+ air.

dragging my feet as usual, but parts are starting to trickle in. this time around I’m sourcing some parts from Chris Andrews (Andrew‘s Racing Transmissions). I also bought some “insurance“ in the name of a A&A output shaft from a racer in Michigan that had a new spare laying around. So it will officially NOT be a low $$ trans any longer ;)

41664383-B7C5-4285-87F6-E288042AE0C2.jpeg

and we have a good output shaft! Great A&A piece. and think I sold my old 727 for the cost of this!

71ACABF2-95A6-4623-9D52-D78520D83150.jpeg

and we’re dragging our feet…. Trying to figure out where to stop spending $$$ on this project. Damn I should have gone glide!!

What all upgrades to the trans did you make? The cost can definitely get quite out of control once you start doing things like rollerized planeteries, hardened shafts, etc.

So far just the hard to find output shaft…. Need the matching input and see where we go from there.

Gotcha. Ya I’ve considered going glide on many occasions. Problem is I have a lot of money tied up into my 727s. So I just keep running with the 727.

Wow what a read! Took me a few days on and off to read it all. Quite the journey you have been on. Good luck on your 2023 season adventures. I will have to keep tabs on this thread. Not just the book of faces and ads.

Wow what a read! Took me a few days on and off to read it all. Quite the journey you have been on. Good luck on your 2023 season adventures. I will have to keep tabs on this thread. Not just the book of faces and ads.
Welcome aboard Lance my petty blue convo pro dodge brother! As of this weekend even though ive invested in “some” good 904 parts, I’m going to simply throw what i have back together and let er buck! What I’ve learned is that “if” you cross the line and decide to “upgrade“ a 904 you best do your homework. If you want upgraded shafts, and I have friends that have broken either running 10’s, you are going to upgrade both as they require one another…., the output is 1k and the input is 1.2k. Now…. are you going to stick stock components on $2200 of shafts? I’m thinking no….. ,(for gawd sake put a glide in it!)! . So now my “plan” is to have a “no holds barred” trans built and I’ll use my present unit as a spare.

Welcome aboard Lance my petty blue convo pro dodge brother! As of this weekend even though ive invested in “some” good 904 parts, I’m going to simply throw what i have back together and let er buck! What I’ve learned is that “if” you cross the line and decide to “upgrade“ a 904 you best do your homework. If you want upgraded shafts, and I have friends that have broken either running 10’s, you are going to upgrade both as they require one another…., the output is 1k and the input is 1.2k. Now…. are you going to stick stock components on $2200 of shafts? I’m thinking no….. ,(for gawd sake put a glide in it!)! . So now my “plan” is to have a “no holds barred” trans built and I’ll use my present unit as a spare.
:rofl:
Thanks! Id like to say thankfully I don't have to worry about a 904 or glide. I just need to decide what clutch, if I should slick shift the trans, and what am I going to break on that first dump. Especially this year as I am going to run slicks for the first time. Now I am basically 3 seconds slower than you. So that might save my wallet for a little while. HA!

Best of luck on the 904 build and your bank account!

So you’re stickin with the 904? Just going to have an all out 904 and a stock one?

yeah I screwed my present 904 together “as is”…. The A&A shaft and other parts are going to be pushed to a more serious build.

Probably a smart thing.
Considering you’ve successfully made it this long with what you have. I know it can be unnerving at times but if you make the commitment to a better upgraded unit, you’ll feel better in the long run

We haven’t been “slow” at work for well over a year and a half. That would be good I guess if half the stuff payed well! It getting harder every year to work on cars every day and then come home to this. Trans is in and bolts are in place. Just have to bolt on the collectors and add fluid. Got a new tone ring for the new output shaft (they’re discontinuing then) and drilled and tapped the tail shaft for the pickup sensor.

BA716DD8-D18A-4C1D-AC62-62260421431C.jpeg

-
Back