Should i get or stay away? (ALOT of pics)

-

360Duster75

Reaction score
Ok so i am looking for a running and driving v8 Duster to cure my V8 needs and i found a 74 or 75 not real sure of year (Built in March 1974). But i went and looked at it and took alot of pics to get an opinion from other people that know more about value than I do. It has AC and a Folding rear seat (never seen this before). I found a few pretty bad rust spots and got pictures of them but couldnt get into the truck to see. I called the owner and he said they was $2500 for it which i know its not worth that so i was going to offer $2000 for it. But here are the pics so let me know what yall think a better price would be or is that good? Forgot to mention it also has the seats in it but missing front carpet and has the Matching numbers 318ci engine not sure of transmission or rear-end on it. And has all the glass with no cracks.

2up8g84.jpg

zu2lxf.jpg

107q5qc.jpg

xpxb2t.jpg

v48in8.jpg

21b242b.jpg

2nqgynl.jpg

o9ffi1.jpg

2ps1t21.jpg

2q2ioo7.jpg

206o4xv.jpg

18m5x0.jpg

287lkyh.jpg

2ivbtc3.jpg

2vlqglv.jpg

j9yb0l.jpg

4q0e1u.jpg

going to need more pics, trunk , quarters and extensions and frame rails. its looking a little rough up top. the floors look pretty bad. ive seen much better for 1000-1500. in my opinion "matching numbers" 318 doesnt mean squat. the added bonus of a 318 in a 73 and up is the disc brakes and BBP. an 8 1/4 would be a plus. the trans im sure is a 904

I wouldn't pay more than $700 for that car. Too much rust and that's just what you can see from the outside. Wait until you actually get down and dirty and you'll end up uncovering somethings that you wont be happy with.

I had a 73 Duster with a 318 and disc brakes, think I paid $375 for it, it was rusty underneath but I drove it for 3 MN winters, then it got parted so I could use the discs in my Valiant. Mine had the folding rear seat too, wish I had saved it before it went to the crusher, but most of the good parts found a new home and I still have the 75,000 mile engine.

That car is not worth more than $700 IMO.

The A pillars and much of the roof is gone. It must be even worse around the wheelwells and door bottoms. When you see rust on the outside of the sheetmetal, it usually rusted thru from the inside. For ~$1000 you could ship a rust-free car from AZ or CA and save yourself 5 yrs of work.

I have a 75 Duster 360 with very little rust compared to this one so i could possibly use it as parts but ill just craigslist around and see whats up forsale.

It's a '74.
Matching numbers doesn't mean a lot to 99.9% of the people when it comes to 318 or slant 6 cars.
Like everyone says, it's pretty rusty and worth under a grand.

Main reason im interested is to put my built 360 in it and there are no v8 dusters in my area or for that matter whole dang state. And im not going to go 800 miles just for a car they are not worth it to me unless they run and drive and can make the trip back which most of them have no engine and the ones that do dont run or drive.

I was looking for 2 emoticons. one of a basket and one of a case, but there arent any.

RUN. that 74 is a parts car.

Thats the single wiper model, they usually don't clean up very well.

$ 750.00 tops and that would be if you had a clean shell to transfer all the good parts to. Pm sent

My opinion is that you check Craigs List anywhere within 5-600 miles from where you are and watch the price drop with a cleaner car.

Run as fast as you can you are looking at alot$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ just in sheet metal. That car should be parted out as much as I hate that to happen it just past saving..

Well looks like im staying away from and it and ill just source my parts for the 360 some where lol.

That car is pretty rusted up. NOT worth $2000. Why does it have to be a v8 car. You can do the Schumacher swap in a slant 6 car.... That is what I did. /6 auto to 416 four speed.
All that body repair will cost you big bucks!

Cutting the roof off to replace that rusty A pillars seems like a heck of a project to just get a V8 Duster at that price when you live down south. I have to think there are better options down there for that price. I wouldn't pay that for that car in Michigan.

The tires covered in mold and flat... when was this thing running and driving??? how many years ago!? mold just doesn't grow over night. not to mention rough and rusty. Go find something better.

I agree, keep looking.

If there are no good cars in your area, you're gonna have to travel a bit. I drove 800 miles in an ice storm to bring my Dart home on a trailer. That's part of the adventure of building an old car. This is before the **** hit the fan so to speak.

100_0470.jpg

-
Back