Show us your home made tools

-
I had to make a FWD hub splitter the other day so I could replace the front disc brake rotors.

Attachments

• IMGP0209.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3,043
  • IMGP0212.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 3,032
Damn! I need some free I beam,lol. Been doing without a press my whole life,but Im sure I'd have a lot less grey if I had one!

Thats a great idea! I wish I had those when pulling my 8 1/4 diff from my caravelle cop car,as that thing was friggin heavy! At least now I can use the idea for my 8 3/4 in my Dart..

Thanks for sharing!

That is a cool idea. I've rolled them out on a floor jack but it's a balancing act that can be dangerous if your not real careful.

Lol.Slow and easy does it! A couple ratcheting straps help too.

Puttin the finishing touches on my home built blast cabinet....Can you tell what it started out as?

Attachments

• Photo0109.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,667
  • Photo0110.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,613
  • Photo0112.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,641
Big Sum *****.. Its an old sit in sonna...you know for loosin wieght...its about 4 foot tall and prolly 3 foot at the base

Yeh. heh......They were used in several movies for comedy gags, and remember? John Wayne? Running amock AKA "Brannigan" In England? Used one similar to that to kidnap a guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJF2ftv2jY"]Brannigan Trailor - YouTube[/ame]

(Completely irrelevant side note, there's a modern day cutie named "Kelly Brannigan" and she doesn't look a THINK like John Wayne!!!)

Kelly-Brannigan-7.jpg

Ya an old steam sauna.... Had it layin around and just thought it would make a good one..

Attachments

• g3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,603
Just had to add this tool I made today -a homemade control arm bushing puller .Total cost in materials $10.59 . I used a 2"W X 3"L threaded pipe with cap.Drilled hole off center ran allthread down the middle . Tighten the nuts and the bushing slides right out! Didn't take too much effort either. I did soak the a-arms in evaporust overnight.Should work just as well to install the new bushings .

I made one of these for the same reason (I think I might have copied yours). I found another purpose for it too! If you use a longer piece of all-thread you can use it as a slide hammer to remove the oil pump off a 904.

I made one of these for the same reason (I think I might have copied yours). I found another purpose for it too! If you use a longer piece of all-thread you can use it as a slide hammer to remove the oil pump off a 904.

Cool now it's a multi-purpose tool !

Just had to add this tool I made today -a homemade control arm bushing puller .Total cost in materials $10.59 . I used a 2"W X 3"L threaded pipe with cap.Drilled hole off center ran allthread down the middle . Tighten the nuts and the bushing slides right out! Didn't take too much effort either. I did soak the a-arms in evaporust overnight.Should work just as well to install the new bushings .

Great idea.

This is my home made hub puller. If you have ever worked on early C bodies these are a must. When they let go they sure make a bang. It's starting to pull the threads off the rod but will change it to a high tensile threaded rod. Used it many times and works great.

Attachments

• hub puller.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,607
This is my home made hub puller. If you have ever worked on early C bodies these are a must. When they let go they sure make a bang. It's starting to pull the threads off the rod but will change it to a high tensile threaded rod. Used it many times and works great.

Man I sure could have used one of them a few yrs. back when I beat my brains half out trying to get some hubs off a 64. I had a big 3 jaw puller but the drum flexed so much it wasn't much help.

-
Back