Skirts are on!

-
When Mel Gibson was on Letterman hocking BRAVEHEART he said he asked a "native" what he wore under his kilt.

The guy supposedly answered......

"Your wife's lipstick"

"wounder" how they'd look ? You just answered your own question - you want to castrate a car - fender skirts, curb feelers, AAA bumper stickers, etc. It's like puttin a tutu on an Alaskan king crab fisherman - something's just not right with that. Sorry, I don't get it, I mean it's kinda curious looking for about 20 seconds, then it's just plain ugly. Get a "time-out doll" and call it done.

Don't worry I'll make up for it with the AAR/TA exhaust tips on Nikkis 72 scamp with the beefed up slant.

You can get a shirt that says "Nothing but lipstick worn under kilt" but the one I like says "Fu@k you it's not a skirt!"

Well it's not a skirt but I am wearring my kilt right now. :-D http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php?page_id=13

Dart-yorker...hmmmmmm...ya think I could make a continental kit for it? LOL

ROTFLMAO! You do what you want to do Scamp. Not quite my style but more power to ya to bucking the going trend. I most definitely would have to take a double take if I saw that car. I wonder if they make two barrel N2O plates? :) Flame thowing exhaust maybe? Keep us updated.

"wounder" how they'd look ? You just answered your own question - you want to castrate a car - fender skirts, curb feelers, AAA bumper stickers, etc. It's like puttin a tutu on an Alaskan king crab fisherman - something's just not right with that. Sorry, I don't get it, I mean it's kinda curious looking for about 20 seconds, then it's just plain ugly. Get a "time-out doll" and call it done.

i think theyd look pretty good on my sport if i could find ones that had the matching body line, and also considering how im building it, A LOT of lowriders have skirts on em.

FLAME THROWING EXHAUST An idea who's time has come!

My 53 is getting flame throwing exhaust :bootysha:
I did pass on the skirts for it tho. They look weird with skirts unless you chop/shorten and section them.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k...all&special_track=album_paginate_top_view_all
DSC05120.jpg

I imagine stripping the paint out of those louvers is a *****. Looks like a cool project.

Maybe a CB antenna and the matching unit that looked like a phone.
Needs the saint for the dash also.:munky2:

Hey man if you can't find a VW roof rack in the Seattle area, then there are none left in the world! :)

Keep an eye out on CL.

Scamp
Bellevue

I imagine stripping the paint out of those louvers is a *****. Looks like a cool project.

You have no friggin idea how much of a ***** it is. I did 2 of them and all the skin around my fingernails was ripped off. The truck was first built by my dad back in the 70's (I remember going to the garbage dump in it on Sundays when I was little). He traded it for a custom VW to his best friend, he had it up until about 3 years ago when he went into a nursing home and I bought it back from him and now Im redoing it with a T-rammed 360.

Hey Scamp where in Bellevue are you? Im right off Newcastle way.

wow JR. So you gonna come up and hang out tonight and watch me work on the dart? I like the skirts, but I think they look better on my Newport. just kidding no they look good

Have you thought about using a chemical stripper?

I thought about it but then I get flashbacks from when I worked in the rod shop and we used that crap on whole cars. The smell, the burn, the friggin mess, I hated that stuff and once its all stripped you still have to use a sander to really clean the metal. I'm just going to use one of those brillow wheels on a diegrinder. The underside of the hood is going to be the real pain.

I Like it.:rock:
I have never seen skirt's on one, Good job 360scamp.:thumbrig:
I would like to see a picture of you with it in your skirt and you could call
the new thread a man and his skirts.:-D

Yes Very Cool sir :cheers:

Nikki wanted some pics of the great hunters in action. Me and Frankenmutt were scarring away the crows that are trying to nest in the back yard with a BB gun.

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

Hey man if you can't find a VW roof rack in the Seattle area, then there are none left in the world! :)

Keep an eye out on CL.

Scamp
Bellevue

Eugene Oregon has got some for sure(VW capital of the world).

Dam brotha, you are one trippy fella...LOL

But than again I think we all discovered that when you were eating hamburgers wrapped in Eggo waffles...LOL

It's all good !!!

Hows that cam working for you ?

I still have to order the lifters but I got the cam in the motor all ready to go. It will be a while before I get to fire it up. I still have to paint the frame, run all the brake/fuel lines, order the custom $400 gas tank and a bunch of other junk. I called them just to make sure and the 4* is built into the cam so I set the keyway on the crank at 0*
100_1113.jpg

100_1115.jpg

100_1121.jpg

100_1117.jpg

4* sounds right. I just buttoned my 360 up with a Comp XE 268. It also had the 4* built in. Did a little degreeing to to be sure. Ended up perfect dot to dot at tdc.

Take care.
John

faucet pics 218.jpg

faucet pics 221.jpg

You have no friggin idea how much of a ***** it is. I did 2 of them and all the skin around my fingernails was ripped off. The truck was first built by my dad back in the 70's (I remember going to the garbage dump in it on Sundays when I was little). He traded it for a custom VW to his best friend, he had it up until about 3 years ago when he went into a nursing home and I bought it back from him and now Im redoing it with a T-rammed 360.

Hey Scamp where in Bellevue are you? Im right off Newcastle way.

I'm in the Cherry Crest area just N of 529 and just E of 405

-
Back